Author Topic: Ultratrace - mineral supp. from the salt lake. Thoughts?  (Read 6055 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Ultratrace - mineral supp. from the salt lake. Thoughts?
« on: September 18, 2011, 06:43:33 pm »
I've been taking this supplement from Higher Nature.

http://www.highernature.co.uk/ShowProductFamily.aspx?ProductFamilyID=347

The reason I got into it was because minerals help me with anxiety, mental clarity etc and I can't stand the gelcaps with fillers on a paleo diet - they make me feel sick. I notice a big difference when I take it in terms of mental state. Sure some would say placebo, but I'm convinced.

What are your opinions of taking it longer term? It could boost minerals and be a way of hedging my bets against low magnesium paleo diet etc.

It comes from sea water ultimately from the salt lake in Utah. So sea water is not a 'food' and may have dangers. At least it doesn't have a load of crap in it though.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ultratrace - mineral supp. from the salt lake. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:14 am »
It doesn't sound bad.  Magnesium is pretty deficient in many peoples' diets.  I eat Pascalite and Terramin clays, and also bone meal.  I also eat about 1/2 pound of raw scallops almost every day, which are very mineralizing.  They keep my tooth sensitivity under control.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:47:43 am »
I have been using it for years,  seems to be doing me good.   I also have gotten back into juicing greens.  Just a few leaves, maybe a 1/3 cup of juice total, on an empty stomach. 

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:21:07 am »
I don't use, but have been thinking about it.  I read that the plant-derived mineral drops are easier to absorb than the salt ones... anyone know??

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:09:28 pm »
I have been using it for years,  seems to be doing me good.   I also have gotten back into juicing greens.  Just a few leaves, maybe a 1/3 cup of juice total, on an empty stomach.  

hey van I've thought about getting back into juice as well, always seemed to work well for me. What are you using? I've been cultivating some rich soil with worms indoors and planning on growing some plants from 'wild-crafted' varieties of plants. make that little bit of juice count. heh heh.

I'll test out this thing. I certainly eat enough calcium as to warrant it possibly. Mostly raw options seem to be pumpkin seeds, greens etc. as well as organs and fish of course. Strange how many grains are super high in Mg...as is tap water.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:24:49 am »
I've been mixing it up day to day with collards, kales, and dandelions.  One thing is, and may be because I was zero carb for so long, is that any more than a little and my body doesn't like it.  Also have been using some fermented cabbage, saur kraut, along with it, for the bacteria to act on the juice.  Who knows.  I think the trick is to juice the amount that you would find tasty to eat.  You can only eat some many pieces of any green before your body will shut your mouth.  The whole instincto thing I learned in France.    I remember years ago thinking more the better. 

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:22:33 pm »
I remember years ago thinking more the better.  

yeah, different strokes I guess. On a diet with larger amounts of carbs like honey it could be a reasonable or good for some that tolerate it. I imagine purely for the supplemental minerals on a low carb/VLC approach that less is indeed better.

I guess typically the bitter greens are mixed with cellery or cucumber or perhaps carrots to achieve more volume and dilute the taste perhaps. Unless one has a press or greenstar its usually a challange to get alot of juice off herbs anyway. Ive done dandelion almost strait in a Greenstar (perhaps with some cellery) and its like dank swamp coffee.

I'm not sure how much of it I could do on an empty stomach, but I tend to like when my raw food experience is akin to shooting whiskey or something

My machine broke almost 2 years ago now. For a time I was just jucing various herbs in my mouth (wadging). Celery too. Seems to work well but for either -one inevitibably gets some fiber in there if you arn't careful and that was always seen as a no no when making juice, like not straining etc.. as far as it assimilates

I'm contemplating getting a new basic model or geting a greenstar of ebay but I might just cheap out and start doing this again. The seeds i've already acquired. I have dandelion, nettles, wild spinach, and lambs quarters. of course half this shit grows right outside.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 06:21:10 am »
everyday, we can easily go out in our yards to collect some free wild greens like dandelions or lambs quarters and just chew them to get the juice.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 04:28:15 pm »
Yeah, I remember thinking that since vegetables are good for you, the more the better, so better shove in as much as I can.

I found a really nice huge dandelion in pure soil, which is rare, so I wanted to eat the whole thing.

Man was that a challenge.

I love dandelion roots, like poor mans chocolate.

I dunno about the salt lake minerals. I believe in Ocean minerals, like someone posted in my intro thread actually. Seamineral.com sells a special raw, low sodium mineral extraction from the ocean. They even have blends containing raw herbs.

Azomite is good shit too. I mix it with milk and it makes it taste like chocolate milk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk