Author Topic: Food combining  (Read 7435 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Food combining
« on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:31 am »
Hey guys,

I am new to all this raw animal protein stuff.  I am aware of the typical food combining rules but am having a hard time coming up with meals.  I'm fine with raw eggs but they don't exactly seem to mix with a plate of vegetables.  Any tips for food combining or staple dishes you guys use?

-Joe

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Food combining
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 11:06:54 am »
I actually do fine combining bananas with meat and fish.  I don't do it very often, but it works for me. Generally, eat fruits separately from meat and fish.  You can combine all kinds of meat, fish, and fat together, generally. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 04:00:02 pm »
Better not to mix too many different food in our stomachs at once. Mammals in the wild usually don’t find several different foodstuff at the same place and same time.

Vegetables usually digest ok with other vegetables, fruits with other fruits. Better wait at least 15 minutes or half an hour between meat or eggs and vegetables and longer between any animal stuff and fruits.

At least at the beginning, it's also better to eat only one animal meat per meal. If I eat eggs, I don’t like to eat meat at the same meal and by principle if I eat wild boar, I won’t eat mutton at the same meal. But, of course, for example deer muscle, deer marrow and deer liver are ok in the same meal for me.

This is no dogma, but soft rules that generally seem to be wise to follow for most people. Of course, everyone is different and can adapt such rules according to current personal feeling.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Food combining - Best is NO COMBINING
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 06:18:25 pm »
Hey guys,

I am new to all this raw animal protein stuff.  I am aware of the typical food combining rules but am having a hard time coming up with meals.  I'm fine with raw eggs but they don't exactly seem to mix with a plate of vegetables.  Any tips for food combining or staple dishes you guys use?

-Joe

Best is NO COMBINING.

Eat one food at a time.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 07:50:20 pm »
Best is NO COMBINING.

Eat one food at a time.

Yes, I agree that this is theoretically the best. Several of us (instinctos) tried it and a few still do it (more or less). Practically, you eat a single foodstuff until you feel that you have enough of it (what we call "instinctive stop"). Then you do not eat anything else until the digestion is over. You can eat several times a day, for example something at 10 am, something else at noon if you are hungry again, another food in the middle of the afternoon, and 2 or even 3 other mono-meals until bedtime.

In most cases, the problems are :

- you tend to eat too much of that single foodstuff (too far into the instinctive stop, which is, of course, gradual)
- you need to have enough of the foodstuff you choose is stock, otherwise you'll be hungry soon after having eaten the last piece of that stuff
- it’s difficult to know when your digestion is over
- you tend to be always eating, from morning till late in the evening

Well, I tried it myself and it didn’t work very well for me. I feel better with 2 meals only per day, waiting some minutes or half an hour between different food in case I eat more than a single food per meal, which is the case most of the time. For example, I just ate some pears when arriving at home for lunchtime. Then I took my bike to go to some figs trees about 500 meters away, but there was no more figs and I came back home, felt like eating the oysters I bought this morning, liked their smell and ate all of them. Now I’m writing this post and if I feel hungry again after posting it, I might choose something else to eat. So, my meal will have lasted about 1 1/2 hour with 3 different foodstuff eaten sequentially. Then, I know that I’ll be better if I do not eat anything else until the evening.  

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 10:38:32 pm »
My work schedule effectively dictates when I eat - before work "breakfast" - "lunch" - after work "snack" - after work "dinner". I achieve relatively mono meals within this framework. Breakfast is usually my coconut or avocado or fruit meal. Lunch is usually my muscle meat meal. After work is often an organ meat meal and something else for a snack.

I aim for simplicity in planning and in eating. I avoid eating for sensual pleasure, which deprived me of bodily satisfaction, in the form of indigestion, obesity, disease. I aim to eat for bodily satisfaction, which produces a different kind of pleasure, in the form of energy, alertness, good health.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 11:04:29 pm »
I avoid eating for sensual pleasure, which deprived me of bodily satisfaction, in the form of indigestion, obesity, disease. I aim to eat for bodily satisfaction, which produces a different kind of pleasure, in the form of energy, alertness, good health.

If you were practicing instinctive raw paleo nutrition correctly, like all wild animals do, you would get both!

Sorry, I thought this thread is in the "Instincto" section and just notice right now it's in "General Discussion". Anyway, I guess my answers are relevant here too.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 12:25:58 am »
The more I combine the more uncomfortable I feel and the longer I wait for the food to leave the stomach.
Of course at first when you stop combining all kinda mixes that you are used to that release dopamine in the brain, the satisfaction level after meals will be kinda low but as the time passes it will feel normal you will taste food somehow different you will start to change mentally your digestion will be at its peak!!! this shit is madness!!!!

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 06:03:30 am »
I have heard claims that fruit and honey is useful for digesting fat and I have heard the same about protein.

The native americans made pemican bars of fruit, fat and meat.

Honestly I have a strong preference for a mix of foods, once I have eaten a bit of food, before I am full, I start looking for something else to eat with it. One thing is less satisfying to me. I couldn't say if that is my instinct or how I am programmed.

Perhaps it's because my digestion still isn't firing quite right yet?

Usually I eat just a little bit of fruit or honey with my meat or dairy, really just a little bit.

Actually, whenever I consume sweets of any kind, I try to include protein as I have read this prevents insulin spikes and I have problems with my teeth. I find that doing this prevents tooth aches.

Read that in Cure Tooth Decay.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 10:13:01 am »
Sometimes I get cravings for only fat after eating protein/fat meals earlier in the day. Is it unusual (or recommended) to eat a meal only of fat?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 10:25:54 am »
Sometimes I get cravings for only fat after eating protein/fat meals earlier in the day. Is it unusual (or recommended) to eat a meal only of fat?

I don't see why it would be a problem.  I do this in the mornings sometimes, with fermented cream.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 10:47:42 am »
Play around with it FZ, if you feel good, and there are no noticeable effects, then you're probably ok to do it.

If it comes with undesirable effects, then try combining it with something you would find in the wild like protein and see if that yields different results. Experiment until you find what works for you. Everyone's different and if a healthy raw fat is what you are craving, and that is all you are craving, then go for it!

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 06:00:45 am »
Do you guys think its OK if my daily meals go something like this:

#1 - morning - fruit or veggie juice (small amount)
#2 - late morning - meat + fat (with fermented veg. as condiments)
{so basically together this equals my breakfast}

#3 - early afternoon - fruit (small snack)
#4 - 5pm-ish - meat + fat (with fermented veg as condiments)
{my "lunch"}

#5 - 9pm-ish - fruit + fat (small snack)
#6 - 11pm-ish - meat + fat + honey and coconut cream
{my "supper"}

I know the times are weird but I work second shift right now so my day starts and ends later than I'd like.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 06:22:31 am »
Looks pretty good to me, seems like a pretty evenly spread and regularly spaced consumption to keep you stomach working on something at all times. You can adjust it if you notice any digestive issue or energy issues, otherwise should be good!

Do you switch up the specific food in each category according to what your body is asking you for or do you kind of have a set type as well?

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 06:42:04 am »
Thanks Citrus!
My digestion does seem to work well when I'm eating like this.  I'm mainly trying to avoid eating fruits or (too much) veggies with meat/fat at one meal.  I do switch up the contents of my meals depending on what I feel like--that's just kind of a general overview of when I typically eat what.  Sometimes I flip-flop the fat/meat and fruit/veg parts.
I am just kind of worried I'm eating too often, because I've heard its good to give your digestive system a break, especially when healing.  But for some reason I've never been able to eat a large amount of food at one time...my stomach must be small or something.  Whenever I've tried to do the 2-measl-a-day thing, I just feel STUFFED after eating enough to keep me going for the next several hours.  I am very tall and thin and need a decent amount of food to keep me going. :-P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk