Author Topic: hair tissue mineral analysis....  (Read 6346 times)

Offline Sarav

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
hair tissue mineral analysis....
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:35:25 pm »
I am wondering if it is worthwhile to do a hair tissue mineral analysis... has anybody used it?

TIA :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: hair tissue mineral analysis....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 06:55:22 pm »
I haven't bothered as I've read that it's highly dodgy and doesn't reflect the actual mineral-levels within the body, as a whole - same goes for urine-analysis etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sarav

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:37 pm »
I haven't bothered as I've read that it's highly dodgy and doesn't reflect the actual mineral-levels within the body, as a whole - same goes for urine-analysis etc.

thanks for the input TylerDurden...
I am in US presently for a short visit... and I am trying to maximise my utlization of time here health-wise...
Tried EM... it aided digestion and controlled IBS symptoms... (but just its been just 4 days since...)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:57:54 pm »
Sometimes high levels of metals found when conducting hair tissue analysis can mean your body is detoxing these metals. So high levels in hair doesn't mean high levels in the body.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Sarav

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 03:01:31 am »
Sometimes high levels of metals found when conducting hair tissue analysis can mean your body is detoxing these metals. So high levels in hair doesn't mean high levels in the body.

oh.. then this seems a bit tricky...
(this genuine_detox Versus Health_issue_symptoms puzzles me... even during my vegetarian/vegan days I used to think it is detox but it was deficiency symptoms...)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 07:53:07 pm »
If you had the test done several times over the course of a year or more and charted the levels you could probably get an accurate picture without having to wonder if it was just detox, right?

Offline Sarav

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 08:49:46 am »
possibly, yes with an eye to detail... i may not have time and resources to do that at this point of time in my job...

Offline zenfood

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:30:25 pm »
I did this test and it helped me with my adrenal fatigue to truly understand whats going on... I find them to be very reliable for the normal electrolytes (magnesium calcium sodium and potassium) and other minerals, but indeed not so much for the heavy metals as it all depends on your excretion. For example on the first test i had no HM, then on the second one because i started execreting them alongside improving my health, there was lead in there.

But thats the cool part also you see your body ability to excret HM.

MAX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk