Author Topic: Went to chinese buffet last night. Was pleasently surprised.  (Read 5194 times)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Went to chinese buffet last night. Was pleasently surprised.
« on: October 08, 2011, 06:15:56 pm »
My father was seeing me off, I am moving away this weekend. It was the only restaurant I would almost even consider going to.

Didn't know it was going to be AWESOME though.

Ok, so eating cooked white rice with sushi does suck, but I didn't eat that much until they brought out the sashimi. The best thing though was there was a whole bin of HUGE clams on the half shell. No one else in the place was touching them. My father and I dispatched the entire bin. Had some cooked green beans which was nice as honestly I feel a craving for cooked vegetables once in a while.

What was really interesting though, was how poisonous all the other food I tried tasted to me. LOL
I used to love crab rangoons, truly tasted like crispy spoonfuls of salt! Same with the coating on the frogs legs, though the flavor of the frogs legs was amazing (it's like cooked chicken but with actual flavor).

I used to enjoy the ice cream there, however last night it strait up tasted like minty chocolate cream cough syrup.

I actually really enjoyed eating the bad stuff, because I got a real kick over how I used to enjoy them and now they really do taste like toxic sludge.

My mind and body felt ok after, I feel like it's cause I didn't indulge heavily at all in the bad stuff and it was just a drop in the water compared to what I have been eating the past half a year.

The other thing that made that night cool was that I haven't been around a large group of people in over a year... it feels weird to be on an entirely different plain of existence then everyone else in the place. I feel like after I move, I am just going to crush to death all the fuckin proles I encounter from here on out. I am just beaming with confidence, totally unlike how I ever felt in my entire life.

I kind of feel a bit bad for my pride and hubris. Oh well!

Gonna get a haircut, cut off my two foot hair, which the good thing is it will be comfortable and I won't have to worry about taking care of it... the bad thing is I'm gonna have to beat off the ladies with a frickin spiked bat lol...

Heh, just joking of course.

Cheers. I have to say, I surely feel like a testament to the validity of the efficacy of a raw animal foods diet. Hazzah!

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Went to chinese buffet last night. Was pleasently surprised.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 10:55:52 pm »
Chinese buffet and sushi restaurants are my good ol' standbys for must-go-to-restaurant occasions. My fav has Oysters on the half-shell and 5 kinds of sashimi. Compared to these delicacies, the crab rangoon and dessert bar can't hold a candle. Cooked grains make me think of eating cooked Elmer's glue, I have no desire for them anymore.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 11:58:47 pm »
I totally agree. Sashimi was quickly scooped up whenever it was served though. I was much more concerned with having a good time and a full belly than being picky.

Would love to go anywhere in the world that has all you can eat raw oysters.

I find it hard to believe that those restaurants can make money off of giant freaks like me and my father.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:04:12 am »
If it had all you can eat oysters and sashimi I would destroy that buffet. I suppose that's why they stagger it.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 11:18:31 am »
If it had all you can eat oysters and sashimi I would destroy that buffet. I suppose that's why they stagger it.

My local Chinese place gives up on keeping enough clams available when I show up.  I will eat 4 dozen or more of the little ones at a time.  They refill the pan about twice, and then give up. Then I have to switch to sashimi.  They don't make any money off me. I think they're sorry to see me come in.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 11:30:03 am »
It's like any other business. On some jobs, you make a killing (like the guy who bulks up on the greasy fried rice). On other jobs, you lose your shirt (Lock the doors! The RPD'ers are here!)

My oldest son and his friends got kicked out of a buffet once. After a few hours, the manager started scolding them, "You go home now, you eat too much!"
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 12:54:34 pm »
If I remember correctly the buffet I went to in Amsterdam had a thirty minute time limit.

Amazingly it was almost the worst buffet I ever went to, Chinese or otherwise.

I went to another buffet before in Holland that was the best buffet by far I ever went to.

Heh.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 02:14:31 am »
We went to a buffet recently and I ate all the raw fish on top of the white rice (which I picked off). Problem was that even though I don't really eat that much, there wasn't enough and the quality of the fish was so low that we decided it was better to go the store next door that has excellent raw sashimi grade fish and buy a big hunk of the good stuff for the price of the buffet and chow down sitting under a tree -- paleo style.  ;)

I'll go with folks to restaurants if it's for social reasons - but around here the buffet isn't about getting any good food. I betcha though that in other places with better seafood than here I would do better - like y'all. Sure wish we had something that good here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk