Author Topic: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home  (Read 2149 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:28 am »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/education/ct-met-school-lunch-restrictions-041120110410,0,4567867.story?page=1

So much for this being a "free country." Admittedly, it sounds like the food that most of these kids were bringing from home was pretty crappy.

For many CPS parents, the idea of forbidding home-packed lunches would be unthinkable. If their children do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals, such a policy would require them to pay $2.25 a day for food they don't necessarily like.
That's the ol' American cheapness when it comes to food at work again. Heaven forfend that a parent have to spend more than $2.25 a day on a child's food. LOL

"We don't spend anywhere close to that on my son's daily intake of a sandwich (lovingly cut into the shape of a Star Wars ship), Goldfish crackers and milk," education policy professor Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach wrote in an email.
Of course, lovingly cutting the sandwich into the shape of a Star Wars ship cancels out the damage from the toxins. LOL
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:30:20 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 10:26:23 am »
sounds more like the cafeteria business wants a monopoly.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:05 am »
Yuppers
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 04:33:49 pm »
    Maybe they're afraid kids will bring RAW CHOPPED LAMB to school.

Remy Eats Raw Kibbee (Food Oddities - www.foododdities.com)

This young man eats silkworms, dung beetles and pig brains on Youtube.  You wouldn't want it getting out that chicken-fried steak isn't the only meat that's edible, would you?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk