Author Topic: The Right Way to Eat Glands  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Beyonder

• Forager
    • View Profile
The Right Way to Eat Glands
« on: October 15, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »
So, I have eaten certain glands at this point: pancreas, thymus, testicular glands.  All great, but I haven't worried much about overeating them.

Now, I may have an opportunity in the future to get ahold of other glands: adrenal, thyroid, pituitary, hypothalamus, etc. I have been studying what they look like so I can guide my butcher since he may not know.

I want to make sure that I consume them properly. I know these glands were often divided up between an entire tribe meaning everyone ate a tiny fraction of these nutritional powerhouses.

Does anyone have insight into the proper combinations and amounts of the various glands I should be consuming?

Thanks!

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: The Right Way to Eat Glands
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:56:06 pm »
    I've eaten pancreas, thymus, testicle, adrenal, thyroid and a few others.  I would recommend not to eat the whole adrenal at one sitting.  Sometimes I could, and sometimes it threw me into crazily intense albeit short detox.  I think the purines of testicle and thymus made me swell a little.  Fermenting them probably helps.  Everything else I tried was just fine.  I would love to try pituitary and/or hypothalamus, lucky you!  Tell me how they are.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Beyonder

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 02:04:26 pm »
Hey thanks for the input! I will definitely be careful with the adrenal. That is great advice.

If I get around to those other glands I will definitely report back. In the meantime, I'll have to stick to the typical sweetbreads!

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:52:48 pm »
    I've eaten pancreas, thymus, testicle, adrenal, thyroid and a few others.  I would recommend not to eat the whole adrenal at one sitting.  Sometimes I could, and sometimes it threw me into crazily intense albeit short detox.  I think the purines of testicle and thymus made me swell a little.  Fermenting them probably helps.  Everything else I tried was just fine.  I would love to try pituitary and/or hypothalamus, lucky you!  Tell me how they are.

RawZi, would you recommend only eating adrenal when eaten with thyroid?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:05:00 am »
.. would you recommend only eating adrenal when eaten with thyroid?

I would think so and heard that before, but I'm not sure.  I've never had them both together in any form (that I recall).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk