Author Topic: overeating?  (Read 9804 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
overeating?
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:56:34 am »
yesterday i had 2 pounds of wild boar and about a half pound of beef suet and a bit under a quarter pound of beef liver. I followed that up a bit later with some sauerkraut and half pound of figs. This was all around 10 oclock. I was pretty full and that was the most ive ever eaten. Then i woke up around 230 am feeling sick and i threw up a little bit but kept most of everything down. Then i got the runs a few times when i woke up later, feeling a bit sick the rest of the day. I should also add that the morning i ate the meal i was having a slight headache that went away later on and that when i woke up, my hip which iv been having issues with for a while but has been slowly improving felt a lot worse in terms of inflammation than it has in a while when i woke up. Iv only been doing this diet for a month and a half or so and im wondering if people think this is from overeating, detox, or something else. Apart from the initial transition into this diet, I have been feeling pretty great and this is the first real incident.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:19:14 am by trollofthedungeon »
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: overeating?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:05:13 am »
was that 10 pm or 10 am?  You're a fool if you ate that meal at 10 pm, then went to bed within a few hours afterwards.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:39:29 am »
yeah sleeping on such a huge meal seems like a bad id. Hope those werent dried figs because thats a whole lotta sugar to throw on top of all that meat
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 10:57:47 am »
yeah it was 10pm and i went to sleep a couple hours later and threw up 3 hours after going to sleep. The figs were not dry. Is it generally bad to eat so soon before going to bed or is it just because i ate so much. I often eat 2 or 3 hours before bed without problems and actually read on this forum that some people actually think its better to actually eat right before bed.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »
I just remembered also that as i was buying cheese on the day before i ate the boar and everything, i accidentally tasted a thin slice of raw cheese. I always do fine on cheese yet little did i know that they would actually sell the raw cheese of a diseased grain fed cow and only found out when i asked after trying it. It was a small piece so i thought nothing of it. The incident happened over 24 hours later as well so i do not know if it could be related to this and not the overeating. I hope someone may help shed some light on this raw grain fed cheese aspect of the situation.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »
Eating right before bed is a bad idea, but a bite of something won't make a big difference.  You, however, ate about 2 days worth of food, and then went almost directly to bed.  You learned not to do it again, right?

I don't think the cheese caused it, although you really should be careful about your dairy sources.  It should always be grassfed.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 08:49:49 pm »
Eating right before bed is a bad idea, but a bite of something won't make a big difference.  You, however, ate about 2 days worth of food, and then went almost directly to bed.  You learned not to do it again, right?

I don't think the cheese caused it, although you really should be careful about your dairy sources.  It should always be grassfed.
FWIW depending on his weight & level of activity that could be a day's worth of food. I've had a number of days over the past couple months, the most recent was Saturday, where I took down 3 pounds of meat and 1/4-1/2 pound of suet in one day.
I do agree that's way too much right before bed. My latest meal has to be more than an hour before bed and if I ate more than a pound and a half in that meal I might get digestion issues as well.

My two cents are that, on top of too much food right before you went to sleep, you ate it in the wrong order. IMO the fruit and sauerkraut should have been first with time to begin digestion (at least a half hour) then follow that up with meat/fat.While the meat/fat doesn't feel heavy in your stomach it does seem to take longer than fruit to begin digestion.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 09:06:09 pm »
Thanks for the advice. Are you guys sure thats two days of food though? Iv read that a lot people here eat about 3 pounds a day plus fat so iv been aiming for that daily. Is that too much?
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:12 pm »
Re: amounts of food for daily eating, I eat about 1 pound of meat/fish daily, plus some fruit and raw dairy.  I eat about 50% more than that if I'm doing a physically active job.  I'm about 135-140 pounds.  If you're very active, or much larger than me, then you could, at least theoretically, need that much food in one day.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »
My two cents are that, on top of too much food right before you went to sleep, you ate it in the wrong order. IMO the fruit and sauerkraut should have been first with time to begin digestion (at least a half hour) then follow that up with meat/fat.While the meat/fat doesn't feel heavy in your stomach it does seem to take longer than fruit to begin digestion.
Really? Not for me! Maybe suet is an exception since its somewhat harder to digest but other than that raw meat and fat digest extremely quickly with me. Fruit can really sit in my stomach. If I eat a pound of meat its gone in half an hour. Whole veggies apart(i hardly eat those)fruits are one of the slowest digesting for me.
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:29:31 pm »
 i have a problem with this that has to do with a ton of factors...
being raised in a family with eating disorders, malnutrition, poor health of digestive systems, malabsorption, adrenal failure leading to lack of hormones and improper regulation of minerals and blood sugar, depression...etc....
perhaps you just needed a smaller more balanced meal for breakfast, like meat and a few figs, and then try doing two or three smaller meals after that.  generally if i eat a big meal that is super satisfying and sticks for a while i dont realize until i  am hungry again just how hungry i am and eat another huge meal that is really difficult for my body to digest as i do a lot of manual labor and physical activity during the day and my body has to fight between building muscles, restoring energy and digesting a huge ass meal....
just focus on eating what you really want in proper portions and not forcing yourself to eat what you think is better or more paleo for you if you really dont want it

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 10:50:53 pm »
yesterday i had 2 pounds of wild boar and about a half pound of beef suet and a bit under a quarter pound of beef liver. I followed that up a bit later with some sauerkraut and half pound of figs. This was all around 10 oclock. I was pretty full and that was the most ive ever eaten. Then i woke up around 230 am feeling sick and i threw up a little bit but kept most of everything down. Then i got the runs a few times when i woke up later, feeling a bit sick the rest of the day. ..

Congratulations!

Aajonus Vonderplanitz would probably say that this is the beginning of a detox scenario that lasts until the end of your life or even longer.

I would say that overeating is the worst thing we can do.

And don't eat fruits AFTER big meals of animal food..

Bon appétit!

Löwenherz

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 12:58:56 am »
hey i thought about it a bit more and noticed you devoured figs last, perhaps by eating so much of one thing you are creating a nutrient imbalance, figs are super high potassium, perhaps the meat you are eating is deficient in this or your body just needs more potassium, this is why diversity and moderation is important!  essential minerals, vitamins and nutrients, are what create the energy for your body to use the protein you are eating to create muscle and give you energy and ability to use the muscle you have. be sure you are keeping that in balance, listen to your body, and dont focus just on the protein/carb aspect.  really its not that great to focus on it at all, really just listen to your intuition and value it!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 01:00:39 am »
also be sure you dont starve yourself after you overeat, keep your metabolism and blood sugar up by eating moderately after words or you will be more likely to stuff yourself at your next meal

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 03:22:10 am »
Congratulations!

Aajonus Vonderplanitz would probably say that this is the beginning of a detox scenario that lasts until the end of your life or even longer.

I would say that overeating is the worst thing we can do.

And don't eat fruits AFTER big meals of animal food..

Bon appétit!

Löwenherz

what do you mean Aajonus? Can you elaborate?

Also why is suet harder to digest?
-----------

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 03:50:48 am »

do a little more reading on the forum the answers are out there already. Aajonus Vonderplanitz(no joking its a name) is a raw diet guru promoting the primal diet and a little obsessed with detoxes.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 04:02:26 am »
I know who aajonus  is, i just dont know what point he was trying to make with aajonus which related to this.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 04:25:31 am »
I know who aajonus  is, i just dont know what point he was trying to make with aajonus which related to this.

He is referring to the fact that Aajonus encourages new Primal Dieters to eat very large amounts of food.  I think it's designed to help them not crave junk food, by making them so full of food all the time that they can't think about eating junk.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 07:45:19 am »
It's a much more saturated fat so needs more bile to process.

Re: amounts of food for daily eating, I eat about 1 pound of meat/fish daily, plus some fruit and raw dairy.  I eat about 50% more than that if I'm doing a physically active job.  I'm about 135-140 pounds.  If you're very active, or much larger than me, then you could, at least theoretically, need that much food in one day.
I'm 175 and pretty active when I can be. I can't do a large  amount of food (3+ pounds) multiple days in a row though. Some days I'll crave more food than my normal which is 2 to 2 1/2 pounds of meat and those are the days that get up to 3+. They almost always correlate to recovery after a particularly tiring day.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 08:57:48 pm »

Just don't eat too much food. It's one of the worst things we can do, IMO.

In my view Aajonus always recommends way too high amounts of food. Furthermore I disagree with him that nearly all problems on his special raw food diet are just a 'detox'. For many people like me, raw dairy has very deleterious effects which have nothing to do with 'detox', but should actually be called 'INtox'.

Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk