Author Topic: Goats butter vs cow butter  (Read 34515 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Goats butter vs cow butter
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:48:56 am »
Goats butter has wayy more cholesterol than cow butter and way more short chain fatty acids that are a direct source of energy. Which of those foods is healthier??? Goat butter fat molecules ar natualy homogenized and are super easy on the liver.. I tried the goat butter yesterday and the only thing i wasn't impressed by is the taste it tasted sheeeeeeeeppyyy oh and the things they say about goat butter is white because beta carotene converted to vit a more efficiently is not necessarily true!! My butter is yellow I don't know what is the exact mechanism behind it but my butter is yellow and super rich in calories !! Goat butter is way more caloric than cow so it's best for energy source I guess ! What do you think guys btw it's probably less estogenic and more pro thyroid because the MCFA

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Goats butter vs cow butter
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 02:58:23 am »
    I don't like the taste of goat butter as much as cow. It feels lighter, but I'm pretty ok with the heaviness of cow butter, it's likely part of what puts me in a good mood about it.  I've never used goat enough to tell if it did something very different for me.  I look forward to what the others tell of their experience or documentation on goat butter.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:07:28 am »
I haven't had it enough to say, but I do note that when I do dairy my desires seem to rotate between goat's, sheep's and cow's. But that's more in the cheese realm than the butter. I'm curious, though, because my body's not liking cheese right now, but a little butter seems fine.

Interested in deep political matters? www.rigorousintuition.ca

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 11:55:28 am »
How do you make goat milk butter?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:00:17 pm »
     @balancing act, yet only cheese and is it salted?

@D same as other butters I assume, we only make cowbutter at home so far. You'll need a cream separating machine though.  Look for one that is advertised at dealing well with goat.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:57:20 pm »
Ah - cream separating machine. That's it. I didn't know you could make goat butter because I make the cow's milk butter by just skimming the cream off the top as it separates. Do those separating machines make any heat? Are they expensive?

Now I have to try goat butter because goats are much easier to raise and it's easier to find raw goat milk closer by. It's also easier to avoid feeding them grains. Grass-fed goats are actually shrub-fed goats and even though there is no grass here there are still areas that people want to clear and they use goats for that. Also, there are pygmy tiny milk goats. I betcha I could grow enough vegetables, fruit and find places for her to graze to eventually have an especially small pet pygmy goat. There's no way I could ever have a cow here. Besides, one cow makes too much milk anyway.

Can you make any hard cheeses from goat's milk?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 11:07:44 pm »
Dorothy are you a farmer? you keep your own cows? how do I do it I want to have my own cows and sheeps I don't want to live in the city how do I do it?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 11:49:26 pm »
I live in the city and the idea of a cow in my little yard gives me the giggles!  ;D  I used to get raw milk from a farmer but the milk being in those plastic containers when I went to make my butter started to smell like plastic even though it was only in the plastic a few hours so I won't be able to get any again until I can get to the farm with glass bottles - and the farmers have little to no cream anyway with out drought - and are far away.  :'(

Goats however eat differently so the milk is staying creamy and farmers that raise goats are much closer to me.

The farming I do is 3 chickens and some self-watering planters to grow some greens and vegetables (hopefully to increase in the spring)..... but still...... all in a little suburban backyard. A pet pygmy goat wouldn't be much different than getting another dog. The only difference is that when I would take my goat for a walk it could eat along the way!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:50:30 pm »
Dorothy no cream seperator is required

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Modern-Homesteading/1978-07-01/Yes-You-Can-Make-Goat-Butter-Without-a-Separator.aspx

Wow! Thank you millions for posting this! Now I can find someone with goats nearby and try out some goat butter. I can't wait.

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 01:45:15 am »
I had a really good experience with raw cow's cheese yesterday... so I don't know about this hardline anti-dairy thing. If it starts causing phlegm- you've had too much, or maybe you're just not tolerate. But if it's super delicious then it's super delicious.
Last time I was on a dairy kick I thought that I had "graduated" to sheep's and then goat's- but then suddenly I wanted cow's again, so never mind that. Learning to listen to the body really keeps one on one's toes, huh? Teaches you something about non-tendentious exploration, if nothing else.
Yeah, salted... cheese seems to be salted 99% of the time. 

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 01:52:23 am »
Hey Balance. Have you tried raw marrow yet? That made our cravings for butter subside.

All the same though - at the store I got some goat butter to see if I like the taste enough to go out and find it raw. We're just about to try it. If we like it then the search begins!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 02:26:51 am »
It wasn't as good as my butter of course, but don't quite know if that's because it wasn't raw or not. All the same - well worth the effort. Now all I've got to do is find a goat farmer nearby! Not nearly as hard as finding a milk cow farmer.

This great! Thanks folks.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 05:16:43 am »
I had a really good experience with raw cow's cheese yesterday... so I don't know about this hardline anti-dairy thing. If it starts causing phlegm- you've had too much, or maybe you're just not tolerate. But if it's super delicious then it's super delicious.

A great deal depends on the quality of the cow's food.  If the cow is eating only fresh grass, grown on very rich soil, then the milk is a completely different food that if the cow is fed grain from very poor soil.

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 11:23:05 pm »
That's interesting. Well, I'm lucky to have access to really quality stuff all around, as I live in a food/farm-conscious area.
I just noticed that after two or three months without dairy, I'm craving it again. I do only "raw milk" cheese; I can totally tell the nastiness of pasteurized cheese, even higher-quality stuff.

Dorothy, what is marrow, again? Haven't tried, no. I'm still thinking about finding some back fat.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 04:43:31 am »
Marrow is in the center of bones and I recently was introduced to it at this forum. If you get the center thin part of the leg bones of a cow cut into slices that are 2-3 inches long you can just scoop out the marrow with a spoon and eat it. I tried a few first that just didn't work in that way - but it was worth having kept on trying.

Offline Snamisolnsew

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 06:54:25 pm »
A great exchange of information.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 05:14:05 pm »
goat butter contains  more k2(mk4), retinol and vitamin d vs cows butter?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk