Author Topic: Who's going to feast this Thanksgiving? (and on what)  (Read 6298 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Who's going to feast this Thanksgiving? (and on what)
« on: November 24, 2011, 03:17:28 pm »
I am going to feast on some cooked Turkey tomorrow. Indeed, feasting with family. Anyone else going off the usual menu for tomorrow dinner? Just cooked Turkey for me though, not going too far off. Just over cooked paleo haha.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:33:45 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Who's going to feast this Thanksgiving? (and on what)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:49:05 pm »
    I'm preparing the Tofurkey Feast and shitakes and collards (I know the farmer of these two) all cooked.  I'm making a marinade for the 'furkey'. That's all for those who steer clear of anything paleo.

I have lots of nice raw pecans and fresh hachiya persimmons to eat plain, and raw cream and unheated honey.  I can mix them together last minute if that's what's wanted. I also have local raw butter my son who I mention here made.  I have plenty of local cucumbers (I know the farmer), grape tomatoes, leaf lettuce, raw apple cider vinegar, unheated honey and avocado.  I'll mix them later.   

These are my foods alone: I have a bunch of raw beef tartar I already prepared, and eggs with their blooms.  I found a farmer who only eats eggs that the blooms haven't been wiped from.  I have Pennsylvania raw saltless cheese. 

Each person (and pet) is free to choose what they want.  I'm pretty sure each will stick to their preferred diets. 

Hey, I was just dreaming (DON'T READ ON AS IT'S SILLY)- I had beef heart, kidney and perhaps goose liver and a chicken and was thinking whether to have them raw or try cooking them, as they were aged. Supposedly it may have been all from the same animal, dreams don't make sense, obviously it was not from an animal I raised or slaughtered.  And my family lol was making whipped potatoes, wow, and I think cream of mushroom soup.  We had garlic cloves too in the dream, wow, rarely ever have fresh garlic here anymore, I just don't buy garlic. I don't remember having dreams I or others used the stove or kitchen in before.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 05:00:58 pm »
I am going to feast on some cooked Turkey tomorrow. Indeed, feasting with family. Anyone else going off the usual menu for tomorrow dinner? Just cooked Turkey for me though, not going to far off. Just over cooked paleo haha.

Last week I tried eating fried chicken and paid for it with LBM the following day.  Cheating sucks.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 07:10:09 pm »
Thank god we don't have Thanksgiving as a custom, over here! Just Christmas and New Year(and birthdays and Easter for the kids). Christmas, for me,  means indulging in "Vanillekipferln" , "Rumkugeln", Christmas Pudding with brandy butter, and stuffed turkey - oh, and some champagne  on New Year's Eve. I do try to lower the intake, especially of the christmas pudding and the brandy butter. Don't have much choice at this time of year, but other times I am far less under pressure to eat cooked foods, so it's not the end of the world.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 12:08:33 am »
I was invited to a turkey dinner, and I reluctantly accepted. Then <oh, joy!> the plans fell through. My daughter had different plans, and they fell through, too. So... I get to eat what I have at home - beef aged to perfection, other raw delights; my daughter gets to watch some ridiculous football game and eat cooked paleo. Much to be thankful for.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 02:01:15 am »
feasting on the sunshine...

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 04:56:37 am »
I'm enjoying some really fatty brisket, raw and unadulterated. 8)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:55:16 am »
I had about 2 bites of cooked turkey, 2 bites of cooked green beans, and 2 bites of pumpkin pie, and a few sips of sweet tea.  The rest of the day I had raw homemade goat cheese, Thai bananas, pomegranates, scallops, and sea bass. 

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 06:01:35 am »
We had a great Thanksgiving meal now that both hubbie and I eat the same way!

We went to a fabulous Mexican restaurant called Hecho en Mexico here in Austin that has traditional Mexican food - not that TexMex garbage. There we got ceviche, pico de gallo - all raw and fresh, excellent guacamole and lovely salads. We feasted in the best possible way!

How much easier it all is when your family eats the way you do! What a relief.

No more nasty Thanksgivings for us. wOOt!

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 12:02:39 pm »
Cooked turkey once a year is nothing to be worried about.  Simply stay away from stuffing, desert, and similar.  None of the family likes turkey so we cooked duck.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »
Last week I tried eating fried chicken and paid for it with LBM the following day.

Anything fried in vegetable oil is bad, not just chicken.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 12:28:41 pm »
We had a great Thanksgiving meal now that both hubbie and I eat the same way!

We went to a fabulous Mexican restaurant called Hecho en Mexico here in Austin that has traditional Mexican food - not that TexMex garbage. There we got ceviche, pico de gallo - all raw and fresh, excellent guacamole and lovely salads. We feasted in the best possible way!

How much easier it all is when your family eats the way you do! What a relief.

No more nasty Thanksgivings for us. wOOt!

Sounds great.  The ceviche sounds very tasty.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 12:30:40 pm »
Cooked turkey once a year is nothing to be worried about.  Simply stay away from stuffing, desert, and similar.

Yeah, it's the non-paleo stuff, like beans and grains, and nasty processed sweeteners, that are the big problem.  Cooked meat and veggies are generally less harmful, especially if they are not fried or heavily grilled.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk