Author Topic: Hi to all!  (Read 3001 times)

Offline dimiter

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi to all!
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:00:00 am »
Hello from Chicago!
I've eaten Paleo for a while. Now I'm embarking on a raw paleo protocol. I'm very excited about the details in this community knowledgebase.

One thing I have not found right off the bat is something like a "sticky" post condensing many of the initial questions I have, like: how to source food (especially here in chicago), food safety practices, and so on. It might exist, but I just haven't come across it yet.

Looking forwarding to sharing knowledge!

CitrusHigh

Re: Hi to all!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:32:03 am »
Welcome Dimiter

How did you discover this forum? And What made you decide to start trying raw?

Here is the area you are looking for in regards to primers...

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Glad to have you aboard!

Offline dimiter

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 02:04:13 am »
Hi, CitrusHigh --
Thank you very much for the link. I look forward to reading more.

How did I find this forum: I found this site after linking to it from Sully's YouTube videos. I found Sully's videos in the mix while I was debating/debunking a few of the more prominent raw vegan figures on YouTube. I mostly was debating what I view as extremely poor reasoning and dogma-driven disrespect for science among raw vegans.

Why am I trying raw paleo: I've read and researched volumes of nutritional, ethnographic, and anthropological information (regarding eating) and research over last 15 years. I have been a self-experimenter with various eating protocols and in the past have been a competitive athlete in college and beyond. In the end, I've found the evolutionary approach to eating the most logically, ethically, holistic, optimum heath-oriented, and scientifically satisfactory protocol of all -- and by a wide margin. I have eaten paleo for about 3 years. The information on raw paleo seems to mesh very well with what I've learned so far. The main reservation I hold right now is safely sourcing food. While our bodies are evolved to eat raw paleo, our eating environment is riddled with problems that place special emphasis on planning.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 04:35:42 am »
Hello from Chicago!
I've eaten Paleo for a while. Now I'm embarking on a raw paleo protocol. I'm very excited about the details in this community knowledgebase.
Looking forwarding to sharing knowledge!

Welcome to the slaughterhouse!

We have been waiting for you..

Löwenherz

Offline dimiter

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:48 am »
Welcome to the slaughterhouse!

We have been waiting for you..

Löwenherz

Thanks! Good to be here!