Author Topic: A fluke in my pancreas  (Read 13042 times)

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
A fluke in my pancreas
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:58:30 am »
Tonight for dinner I was eating raw pancreas and I came across a pancreatic fluke (eurytrema pancreaticum). Should I be worried about eating eggs? I have never worried about parasites in raw meat, but it is weird coming across them while eating. Weird to, since they are grass fed and finished. Although I don't really know the specks of flukes. Any thoughts?

Satya

Re: A fluke in my pancreas
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 09:10:49 am »
I would NOT eat any fluke-infested liver or pancreas.  Flukes are nasty, and unless you are SURE you are killing all the eggs, you are in for major suffering (can you say 25,000 eggs a day per adult?).  As someone who just experienced scabies first hand, I would not even touch that pancreas.  I don't see your fluke on the list of parasites that affect humans, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parasites_(human)

Edit:  I found some info on that.  All I can say is, "Life finds a way."  Parasites want to live just as much as you do. 

http://lib.bioinfo.pl/pmid:6625056
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:18:41 am by Satya »

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 09:36:07 am »
Thanks. My thoughts exactly. I did eat some before finding the nasty bugger. I threw the rest out. I get a lot of meat from this farmer..... :( Do you think I should let the farmer know?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:41:53 am »
Ugh! I hope you are alright, and I think you did the right thing by throwing it out.

Makes me kind of nervous to eat the pancreas I just got!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:58:35 am »
that's crazy!
geez i would hate to lose a good supplier. I don't know what I would do.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 10:05:23 am »
Ugh! I hope you are alright, and I think you did the right thing by throwing it out.

Makes me kind of nervous to eat the pancreas I just got!

I would not hesitate to eat it. Flukes are big usually. They are not just confined to the pancreas either.

that's crazy!
geez i would hate to lose a good supplier. I don't know what I would do.

I don't know what to do. I get 90% of my meat from him. Sadly where there is one fluke....there are many.
Do you think I should let the farmer know?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 10:10:11 am »
I think it would be a good idea to let him know. I would at least

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 10:13:40 am »
I would not hesitate to eat it. Flukes are big usually. They are not just confined to the pancreas either.

I don't know what to do. I get 90% of my meat from him. Sadly where there is one fluke....there are many.
Do you think I should let the farmer know?

I would do some research,  think about it and see what people have to say on here.

Wait and see what Tyler has to say, he's been eating this way for 7 years and has amassed a fair amount of knowledge and experience.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 05:55:16 pm »
I wouldn't worry about this issue.Judging from reports, most flukes are generally harmless. It's only if one is in ill-health andf simultaneously overloaded with  large numbers of parasites that there might be a problem.

Re 7 years:- I do wish people wouldn't cite me as the most experienced RAFer around. I've only done a mere  7 years, whereas others in the community  have been RAFers for 14 years or more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 08:13:32 am »
Tonight for dinner I was eating raw pancreas and I came across a pancreatic fluke (eurytrema pancreaticum). Should I be worried about eating eggs? I have never worried about parasites in raw meat, but it is weird coming across them while eating. Weird to, since they are grass fed and finished. Although I don't really know the specks of flukes. Any thoughts?

Dr Hulda Clark of parasite awareness promotion fame thinks the pancreatic fluke of cattle is common and should be accepted as that.

She thinks parasite eggs and various are everywhere which they indeed are.

She says that parasites usually fall in the correct places in humans where Aajonus says we have a symbiotic relationship.  The only problem is when we are polluted with solvents that the parasites wind up in the wrong organs of our body.

I'm not freaked out by parasites because I've got armaments against parasites in case they wreck havoc: zappers, herbal dewormers and beam ray rife machines.

Some people resort to freezing their meats for 14 days to kill all parasite stages.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:31:16 am »
Dr Hulda Clark of parasite awareness promotion fame thinks the pancreatic fluke of cattle is common and should be accepted as that.

I think Hulda Clark is a nut job. However given her stance on parasites, I guess I should not be worried if she feels they should be accepted as common. I actually just cut the flukes out and ate the rest anyway. I hate to throw away meat and it did seem silly to be worried about them.

Personally I think zappers are junk. From my experience, if you want to use electric for health go with Bob Beck's blood electrifier.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 11:21:49 am »
how did you identify it?
id hate to miss one -v

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 07:48:40 am »
They are flat and oval. They really stick out. In th pancras they are dark brown with a lighter ring around them. I think when they are in liver that they are orange.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 11:29:25 am »
hey Kyle, how did that all work out for you? just curious as i just bought a frozen beef pancreas for the first time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk