Author Topic: Pullin' a 556lb Deadlift weighing 157...  (Read 9575 times)

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Pullin' a 556lb Deadlift weighing 157...
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »
I was inspired to post up this video here after watching durainrider's frutarian deadlift video on youtube. So I wanted to put something out there for the carnivorous. Video also shows the end of my last warm-ups. Done in competition, American record.  O0

Deadlifts 405, 455, 496, 557 @ 157 RAW

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Pullin' a 556lb Deadlift weighing 157...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:00:09 pm »
Wow.  I like, I like.
Can you please post links to beginner websites so I can learn about this kind of lifting?
I just want to be strong.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline papangue

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:06:54 pm »
I’m just speaking for GS who said he want to be strong.

Movnat training will be much more efficient to develop the maximum potential of your body. This is just stupid lifting and it’s not natural.  Look!! He needs a belt because our body was not designed to do such a thing!
http://movnat.com/

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:52 pm »
I’m just speaking for GS who said he want to be strong.

Movnat training will be much more efficient to develop the maximum potential of your body. This is just stupid lifting and it’s not natural.  Look!! He needs a belt because our body was not designed to do such a thing!
yeah i'm sure movnat wil make you lift 550+ lbs real fast. NOT!

Thats an incredible lift!

I dont agree with belts as i think they create weak spots in the body. it is better to train without them so that the stenght of the lower back grows in proportion with that of the rest of the body.

The deadlift is by far the most natural lift there is.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 12:25:37 am »
Well done, though the fullness, heaviness and darkness of your beard is more impressive. Danny Roddy would be impressed.

Do you have the link to the durianrider deadlift?

It might be more impressive that a fruitarian can deadlift his bodyweight than a raw paleo deadlifting 3x.

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 02:10:08 am »
GS- Absolutely I can point you in the right direction. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask.

I don't normally wear a belt at all. You can see me deadlift an easy 525 on my channel with nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. In competition you don't get extra points for being paleo, so I wear the belt to get the few extra pounds that it can give you, just for that one day. Can you pull 525 without a belt with your "maximal potential training"? lol Now who's stupid.

I don't have the link to his video, I think its somewhat recent so it should be toward the top of his recent uploads.

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 02:13:23 am »
It might be more impressive that a fruitarian can deadlift his bodyweight than a raw paleo deadlifting 3x.

Hahaha

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 06:09:33 am »
wOOt! How cool is that!  O0
American Record.
You ROCK.
Congratulations.
Are you raw paleo? How long? What do you usually eat?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 11:10:02 pm »
so whatcha going to do with all those muscles now?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 11:20:08 pm »
holy shit

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 12:41:22 am »

Erwan is inspiring and does excellent work. B is a damn beast that appears to be the only raw food athlete ever to do something someone else couldn't do, instead of the typical "well, i'm raw/unprocessed/natural or vegan so therefore I need some kind of handicap".

I'll have to throw down also that the movenat stuff won't be the most efficient in building strength and likely works best for people already strong and fit to refine their body naturally, as opposed to the most efficient for getting someone not used to lifting much stronger and fitter. Thats totally debatable though.

---

all I was able to find on the other deadlift was some other featured dude, lifting less than I do (quite shittily), which I'll be the first to admit is not very impressive! If eating only with fruit/veg -if that is the case - that is pretty impressive I admit, but no feat worth promoting a diet around.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:49:28 am by KD »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:27 am »
I remember your first posts when you were struggling and dropped down to 150's.....157 lb..holy shit. you look like a tank. You've made a ridiculous amount of progress in that time.

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 01:10:49 pm »
Dorothy-  Thanks! :) Was really happy to reach this goal of mine.

I have been practicing with RAF's since joining this site and haven't stopped since. It has fixed my digestion and keeps me lean year around, so if it works I'm stickin' with it. I wouldn't consider myself 100% RP, since I do drink some raw dairy, and occasionally juice. After being 100% strict raw for awhile, I let myself eat small amounts of certain cooked food on occasion and try not to turn my diet into "religion" like it was in the past, if for nothing else than social reasons.

Jess- Among other things, and other lifts, deadlift 600+, get some more records, and eventually make a living helping people reach fitness, strength, and health goals.

I owe a lot to lifting, it has helped me get my head on straight to correct my health and given me the confidence to push toward big long term goals, whatever it may be. I would like to believe your comment was not facetious, so I answer as such.

KD- Thanks man, glad to see you still around!  Amazing what a little competition will do! How's everything goin'??

To the people who don't see the benefits of simple barbell and plates exercise in strength training... do what works for you, and gets you excited to keep pushing forward. Whatever that may be. Success in what your striving for is whats important, not the tools you used to get there. Staying positive and always improving is likely the largest life lesson I have learned from this. For me this all goes FAR beyond simply lifting weights, and gaining muscle.

Offline Muhammad.Sunshine

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 03:34:32 pm »
Brandon, your 557lb deadlift is a fantastic achievement. Your positive attitude and passion make you standout. You will continue to grow in strength and achieve higher levels of success. Well done.

Always try to be positive, optimistic, kind, and fair.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »
Inspiring
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:30:25 pm »
KD- Thanks man, glad to see you still around!  Amazing what a little competition will do! How's everything goin'??

Doing excellent my man.  I gather I'm not built for competition, but back making improvements in strength and getting PR's here and there pretty regularly again + increasing my fitness. I just started (forefront) running, and might have my niche there in the future with sprints, 1k ,5 k etc.. or in cf competitions some day...who can say?  I was super fast as a kid till I started developing problems early on with my health. You know me tho, more into the 'bodybuilding' ('powerbulding'? ) or fitness thing, happy to look good and be in some serious shape as well as lift some heavy shit.

I'm always being asked to move shit these days. This woman came up to me I don't even know and was like. "can I ask you a question?" me: "ok sure". "Can you lift this heavy [shit] into my car?" me: "Well mam that's more of a request then a question" (word for word what I said), then she told me she was pregnant and I told her that was a good reason I suppose. heh heh.
My a-hole friend said I should have asked to touch her baby and made a lewd arm gesture.  :/

To the people who don't see the benefits of simple barbell and plates exercise in strength training... do what works for you, and gets you excited to keep pushing forward. Whatever that may be. Success in what your striving for is whats important, not the tools you used to get there. Staying positive and always improving is likely the largest life lesson I have learned from this. For me this all goes FAR beyond simply lifting weights, and gaining muscle.

I think there are physical (not just motivational) things people miss on as well with this stuff. I more than assume reguarly stretching/shaking all those cells up is good news on the right healthy diet. Perhaps destructive long term on the wrong diet that doesn't repair the same or filled with all kinds of negative things. This probably starts the stereotype even with all the studies on heavy lifting helping women in particular avoiding bone issues.

I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't have made the health gains I have without the kind of exercise I do. That said if someone is already healthy and fit (like in nature) odds are its less important to regularly lift heavy things (in this way).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk