Author Topic: Is it dangerous to eat too much meat?  (Read 71247 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Is it dangerous to eat too much meat?
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:29 am »
The whole point was that heating the body past 108F was an irreversible decline, with enzymes destroyed/denatured past that point etc.. The fact that some hours of cooling made things better in quite other aspects, is irrelevant.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2012, 06:10:28 pm »
To Iguana--GCB's theory about low-temp cooked food being worse that heavily-cooked food is highly suspect.  Not that I don't think he's a tremendous pioneer in the area of diet but I just don't buy that theory.

I really find it hard to believe that people would be healthier eating food roasted in at oven at 400 F for 3 hours, than if the food were lightly steamed for about 5 minutes.

Call me crazy, but it just seems obvious.

I think this issue is very complex. First we should distinguish between nutritional value and toxicity. Pure carbon has a very low toxicity but no nutritional value; some cooked stuffs contain a lot of valuable nutrients, but also heat-induced toxins. You can live on lightly cooked food, but not on carbonized stuff.

As all the files containing the meticulously collected data of the experiment I quoted have been lost, it should be done again to be better able to separate the variables. BTW, it’s incredible that the scientific community does not undertake such quite simple experiments.

Anyway, what can be inferred is that there’s neither linearity nor direct correlation between cooking temperature and food toxicity. Common sense is often misleading: for example, it goes against the theory of special relativity, was used against the heliocentric theory and the idea the Earth isn’t flat but spherical “because the things and people on the other side would stand upside-down”.   ;)     
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:38:49 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2012, 04:26:57 am »
I still don't buy it.  No way is steamed worse than oven-roasted.  I mean, lightly-steamed food is still absolutely 100% raw, by any standard, on the inside. Oven-roasted is not.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:11 am »
I still don't buy it.  No way is steamed worse than oven-roasted.  I mean, lightly-steamed food is still absolutely 100% raw, by any standard, on the inside. Oven-roasted is not.

At what temperature will steam be produced? Steam cannot be produced at 118 degree F...not even at 150 degree F.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2012, 05:13:38 am »
At what temperature will steam be produced? Steam cannot be produced at 118 degree F...not even at 150 degree F.

Steam is produced at around 212 F.  The temperature of the steam is less than that, because the air around it cools it off.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2012, 06:33:29 am »
I mean, lightly-steamed food is still absolutely 100% raw, by any standard, on the inside.

Then it's ok if you eat the inside only !  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2012, 07:49:56 am »
With steaming you lose the good bacteria on the outside.
But for the ones still adjusting to the taste of raw meat, it may have to be done for them to eat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk