Author Topic: Cinnamon  (Read 2933 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Cinnamon
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:27 am »
Any short/long term health effects?

I drink alot of herbal teas now with cinnamon added, I like it alot.
Anyone knows whether its bad or good for us?

Is it good to add honey with cinnamon to milk?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:05:43 am »
if you eat too much of the "cinnamon" they sell in stores, at the quantities, and for the purposes of medicine for lowering blood sugar(its been touted) that its detrimental to the liver, i guess the spice cinnamon is usually not real cinnamon and ceylon cinnamon, the one with the purposed benefits, is hard to come by
im sure if you are just using a sprinkle you are fine

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:59:35 am »
Most herbs you cannot take every day continually and just about all herbs have to be processed by the liver - but cinnamon has amazing healing properties. Some powdered cinnamons have more oil and are much tastier than others.

What I've done is make my own tincture of cinnamon using actual cinnamon sticks to prevent the filler problems. That works the best in tea because it's liquid. I've never tried grinding it myself - but maybe it could be done in a vitamix. I try to powder, dry and grow whenever possible my own spices to make sure they are what I want and that as many of them are raw as I can have.

Offline jared767

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 11:51:33 pm »
if you eat too much of the "cinnamon" they sell in stores, at the quantities, and for the purposes of medicine for lowering blood sugar(its been touted) that its detrimental to the liver, i guess the spice cinnamon is usually not real cinnamon and ceylon cinnamon, the one with the purposed benefits, is hard to come by
im sure if you are just using a sprinkle you are fine

Hey..I love cinnamon. Using nutritionix calculator, I tried to check Pinkberry Cinnamon Streusel.  it shows that it has no trans fat, 35 cals, 11 g carbs and no cholesterol.

Ref: http://www.nutritionix.com/pinkberry/ingredient/946/cinnamon-streusel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk