Author Topic: The Holy Grail of Health  (Read 22370 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: The Holy Grail of Health
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 08:34:32 am »
Exactly, so I don't see how forced equality is egalitarianism. I'm puzzled by your contradictory take on this. Again, how is forced equality evidence of a cultural norm or ethic of equality? It seems the opposite to me--only freely chosen egalitarianism would be true evidence of the ethic.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 02:21:59 pm »
Exactly, so I don't see how forced equality is egalitarianism. I'm puzzled by your contradictory take on this. Again, how is forced equality evidence of a cultural norm or ethic of equality? It seems the opposite to me--only freely chosen egalitarianism would be true evidence of the ethic.
  Seems like unnecessary semantics to me, as there really is no such thing as freely chosen egalitarianism. As for forced equality, it's just one of a 100 other artificial philosophies/social experiments which have tried, unsuccessfully, to alter human nature.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 08:05:05 pm »
  Seems like unnecessary semantics to me, as there really is no such thing as freely chosen egalitarianism.
Doesn't the one doing the forcing by definition have much more power? Are you talking solely about a narrower definition like national economic equality or income equality or such?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:13 pm »
Doesn't the one doing the forcing by definition have much more power? Are you talking solely about a narrower definition like national economic equality or income equality or such?
No, all kinds of equality. I mean, not even identical twins are truly equal.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 05:16:25 am »
Hey guys,

Cheers for your thoughts and feedback. I have a few more things to add, but not enough time right now to post them. Over the next few days I will comment with some specifics.

Once again, thanks for all your interesting responses. If anyone has anything else to add regarding my situation please go ahead.

Phil

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 10:03:01 am »
Right, so it's impossible to force total equality, thus there's no such thing as forced equality of this all-inclusive sort.

Right, so it's impossible to force total equality, thus there's no such thing as forced equality of this sort.

At any rate, it seems the equality stuff may be verging on too much of a tangent from your good relevant point about not becoming obsessed with perfection.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:08:37 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 03:57:57 am »
Thanks for all your inputs so far guys. Keep them coming if anyone has anything else to add.

Techno might need a tutor - or maybe he just has to make up his mind that he thinks raw paleo will work and give it a serious and complete trial. We are still few and far between me thinks (and not all raw paleos want patients or pupils) or not everyone can fly to you in the Philippines. Learning curves are almost always shorter when you have a mentor.... but that doesn't mean that he can't just do it on his own if he can figure out how much of what to eat to make him feel his best. It's not the same obviously for everyone. What Lex eats and what Iguana eat are obviously very different, but each works quite well for that person. I'd imagine that the vast majority of people could transfer to a raw paleo diet and succeed on their own. I like that it's really quite simple, straight forward and flexible - if you have a bit of courage and are willing to take the chance. It is taking a chance - but a lot of the best things in life necessitate taking a chance.

When I first attempted RPD I was totally convinced this was the way to go. I immediately tried dropping out supplements and enzymes, thinking there was no need for them. Something happened during this transition though that sent me into decline. Maybe I was trying to eat too much raw meat, too much raw fat, not eating sufficient carbs, mixing with cooked foods......................the list goes on.

Still can’t understand how I could go from pretty much 100% cooked paleo (with supplements and digestive enzymes), to maybe 50% cooked paleo and 50% raw paleo, and actually get worse rather than better.  You would think that just the addition of some raw meat and raw fat to my previously almost 100% cooked diet would have made a positive impact rather than a negative one, even if I did lower my carbs too much, or eat too much raw meat etc.

ANSWER: It is in the execution of the raw paleo diet that is key.

We can only convey so much info by typing.  We need face to face.  See me do it.  Smell this.  Touch this.  Taste this.

Why is it when I heal people they get well when I teach them hands on, or I do the food preparations?  Because I am a raw paleo dieter with a well laid out successful eating plan and marketing plan and food preparation plan.

All they need do is copy / learn from my good template, and they modify according to their individual needs.

Just like Aajonus has a template.

Just like Lex Rooker has a template.

I have newbie recipies that allow newbies to start themselves and I adjust when I see and hear results.

So if Technosmith wants to succeed at rpd, he may need face to face, tutorials with a successful fellow raw paleo dieter near him.

Like GS says, perhaps I need a tutor. Maybe my holiday this year will be a trip to the Philippines!

I currently have access to wild game, and 100% grass-fed beef and lamb in the UK.

Issues that spring to mind regarding a second RPD attempt;

1. I would like to attempt high carb raw diet, as I believe my processing of fat to be not so good, but have concerns over eating lots of fruit. Many people seem to report having issues with fruit. 

2. Concern over the safety of eating fish raw. I'll happily go with the raw meat but am not totally convinced about the safety of raw fish even if it is wild caught. I think if you are well then there perhaps may be no issue, but when health is already compromised the parasitic load may be too high and cause issues.
Having said that I feel Iodine may be a crucial mineral that many are deficient in, and that seafood may an important component for some for healing. Perhaps Tyler's experience of healing following the addition of raw shellfish my be evidence to this.
There is also the mercury issue, although I suspect many of you RP dieters think that is nonsense.

Food is 50% or more of the battle.
Manipulate the sick with diet.
All the variants we got here and more.
High fat - high carb
high fat - low carb
low fat - high carb
zero carb
fasting
etc. etc.
Aajonus style, Henry Bieler style, etc.

I use food as drug manipulating the sick to get well. It's safe and effective.
Plus other stuff.

I can't help but believe the same, in that food is over 50% of the battle.
When I initially dropped out my SAD diet I had a bit of a 'light-bulb' moment on one occasion when I munched on some cashew nuts one evening. I'm not saying cashew nuts are super healthy at all, especially the ones I was eating from the supermarket, but maybe the cashews nuts provided optimum blood sugar control, or hit a magnesium deficiency, or provided me with some enzymes I was lacking, or something else, but I felt absolutely amazing like I used to feel prior to my adrenals going downhill. Basically this incident caused me to realise the power of diet, when previously I was oblivious thinking it had minimal effect on your health.

Merry Xmas everyone.

Phil

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 04:07:19 am »
You have to figure out how to make that decision for yourself. It's always a good idea in my opinion to use your intellect, to evaluate what makes the most sense to you.

Also wanted to add that RPD makes sense to me in two major ways.

1. Surely we were not designed to need or use supplements, and that food can provide all we need.

2. Cook food produces toxins that we ingest. Surely optimum health can not be achieved with constant consumption of toxins.

My confidence in RPD has been seriously questioned though following my poor initial trial and subsequent reading of other unsuccessful attempts, as mentioned in my first post.

Thanks again,

Phil

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Holy Grail of Health Additional Thoughts
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 05:14:03 pm »
Hey RP forum. Anyone got any comments or thoughts regarding my latest post. Thanks. Phil.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 08:44:12 am »
Sounds like you want an in-person teacher in order to try raw paleo (high or low carb or whatever) all at once completely. I wish you a wonderful vacation with GS!   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk