Author Topic: "Freaky Eaters" - a TLC show with raw fooder episode  (Read 7438 times)

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
"Freaky Eaters" - a TLC show with raw fooder episode
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:44:37 am »
The series follows a different person each episode who has an eating disorder such as a selective eating disorder (an extremely restricted diet, often to the point of avoiding entire food groups), or food neophobia. With the help of a team of experts, a number of techniques are employed to help the person overcome their problems and develop more healthy diets.

Guy Digs Eating Raw Meat Part 1.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: "Freaky Eaters" - a TLC show with raw fooder episode
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 02:45:03 am »
What's so funny is that guy that is eating nothing but raw meat looks so much healthier than all those people trying to cure him.  ???

Offline GK420

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:27:11 am »
I know I shouldn't let these lot put me off, but it is a bit of a motivation downer considering I haven't even started on raw meats yet.  :(

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 04:10:55 am »
Eating raw supermarket chicken is pretty questionable, and I wouldn't eat grainfed beef on a regular basis at all, raw or cooked.  However, raw beef isn't dangerous.  Sure it can be contaminated with E. coli...but so can fruits and veggies. I've never gotten sick from raw meat/fish, and I've eaten literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of pounds of it over the last 7 years or so.  The only exception was some Gulf Coast oysters, and that was due to poor handling practices.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 05:25:53 am »
I am dreading the possibility of the government or the media starting a mass campaign to brainwash/discriminate against raw-meat-eaters. I mean, New York banned trans-fats in restaurants, and Florida tried to ban the sale of raw oysters etc, so, it could get much worse. Who knows, maybe in the future, like the Soviet Union, they'll put raw-meat-eaters in mental institutions forcing them to eat soy-raised meats etc., on the basis that they're just doing it "for our own good".
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 05:57:20 am »
I found this show funny. And I think it was staged. When woman suggests him giving up raw meat, he does not seem convinced at all. He stares at her thinking "wtf is wrong with her" but he says "ok, yes". Then after transition, he hates taste of cooked food but he proceeds for sake of the show. I am positive he is still a raw eater. This show is funny, like Dorothy said, this man looks healthiest of them all. And personally I am more inspired than put off by him - he is healthy, reasonable, polite and open-minded.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 06:09:05 am »
Someone needs to reach out to this guy DANIEL and make him a member of our community.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 06:28:30 am »
    GS, that's what someone said in the pd group when we watched this.
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 10:35:30 am »
Holy bull shit doctors and psychiatrists. Full of hokum.
Anybody got the contact info, last name of this guy yet?
Email? Facebook?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 11:26:01 am »
They say the E.coli is on the meat, but they don't specify which strain it is. E.coli is everywhere, inside and out, and it is only the pathogenic strains that are harmful. Using blanket statements for scaremongering does not impress me.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 01:25:56 pm »
I am dreading the possibility of the government or the media starting a mass campaign to brainwash/discriminate against raw-meat-eaters.

Most people are already brainwashed, Even PHD Nutritionists! All it is, is propaganda against raw meats. It's a cultural thing. Most Americans are never going to change their mentality, or acceptance when it comes to eating raw meats. It just is what it is.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »
I have hope that it is slowly changing.  People are catching on to this stuff.  More and more people accept at least sushi/sashimi.  And all it takes is one of these big time celebs to say they eat raw eggs or steak tartare in their shakes and people jump on the wagon.  I unfortunately have come to the conclusion that 98% of humans are led by maybe 2% of the rest.  If our "leaders" accept it, then we accept it.  Unless of course, you have been unplugged from the matrix already  ;D

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »
I know he was eating low grade meats compared to us.

But I wonder how many of us have parasites and are unafected like him.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk