Author Topic: Parents(Pops)  (Read 4064 times)

Offline PrimalPrime

• Forager
    • View Profile
Parents(Pops)
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:43:04 am »
So i'm making breakthroughs with this whole raw diet instinctive thing:

• i've went from jail to honor-roll eligible studentli]
    • I'm a mentor for college and grade-school students
    • i'm making breakthroughs in my communication
    • i've become more passive and spiritual
    • i've forgone addictive substances(drugs, promiscuity)
    • did i mention i feel positive?

but this is after the jail sentence(8months) and trips to the mental hospital for my subsequent fasting and my personal "instinctive" behaviors: eating with my hands, meditations and periods of silence, long head and facial hairs, refusal to wear conventional deodorants and use shampoos and chlorinated water, and the BIG one: my DIET. ive yet to break out my hand at raw meat, but that might send him(my Pa) over the top. i was once the authoritarian in my household due to(in my mind) my fear of my dad's lack of assertion, financial troubles, and lack of socialbility. but after embracing my natural lifestyle, i am more passive and accepting of my father. instead of ignoring his advice, i take it. instead of overriding his decisions regarding the siblings, i support them. my only objection is my diet lifestyle, which i won't change. im in a tough situation because the more natural i become, the more passive i am to my father, my childhood idol. the flipside is he is more comfortable in treating me like i am five again, and makes threats to call the mental police if i don't change my ways to come take me away. the only problem is that im no longer 19 but 25, and slowly building a reputation within my community as a reliable citizen, and growing out of my dependence on my mother's guidance and  income. if he continues to oppose my growth and repeatedly institutionalizes me, i will never be able to support myself, and if i relapse into my old hiphop head tough guy mentality and try to dominate my childhood figure, i'll inhibit my own growth.  do any of you have perspectives on this story that you're willing to share? my mind is currently used up on avoiding the urge to eat processed foods and understanding re-awakened emotions(sensitivity towards others).

thank you

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Parents(Pops)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 04:29:57 am »
hi,  why are you (seemingly) living at home?  Can not you support yourself and share an apartment of take a room in a house full of other 'like' minded people?  This isn't critisism, really curious though. 

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:40 am »
Edit: I would seek balance. Be respectful but don't eat something you don't find to be healthy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:28:00 am by CitrusHigh »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:03:58 am »
  • i've went from jail to honor-roll eligible studentli]
    • I'm a mentor for college and grade-school students
    • i'm making breakthroughs in my communication
    • i've become more passive and spiritual
    • i've forgone addictive substances(drugs, promiscuity)
    • did i mention i feel positive?
    ...if he continues to oppose my growth and repeatedly institutionalizes me, i will never be able to support myself, and if i relapse into my old hiphop head tough guy mentality and try to dominate my childhood figure, i'll inhibit my own growth.
It sounds like you have made your own continuing improvement contingent on your father's cooperation. That might prove to be a stumbling block in your whole plan to become independent. My insight would be that you might need someone that you trust to bounce ideas off of. Better that than end up foiling your own progress.[/list]
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:30:27 am »
Hi PrimalPrime,

Which mental disorder was diagnosed when you were institutionalized in the mental hospital? Fortunately, rawfoodism is no mental disorder according to any of the diagnostic manuals which are in use in the US (or here in Europe). So what was your diagnosis?

Offline PrimalPrime

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:46 am »
i apologize people. i thought about what i wrote and realized i was being ungrateful. the fact that i even have the chance to do better is testimony that ive been given a privilege. and van youre right, if i want something else i could move out, my parents are doing me a service by housing me. and hanna out of respect for you and myself as well i wouldnt like to speak too much into detail. sometimes im weak and like to complain about my life, but honestly things are good. thanks for hearing my rant.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk