Author Topic: Raw wild honey hunting is easy, reliable and seasonal  (Read 4449 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Raw wild honey hunting is easy, reliable and seasonal
« on: October 19, 2008, 09:31:03 am »
I just came home from an Aeta mountain people settlement in Kanawan, Morong Bataan and they were preparing to demonstrate their wild honey collection techniques.  The native word for honey is "pulot". 

Since these people live in the mountains and the forests, they know the trees, the flowers, the seasons and the bees. 

First step is to locate the bee hive.

Second step is to clump together these 4 foot long sticks kind of wood and wrap some special kinds of leaves together.  Tie this underneath the bee hive and light the bottom.  The smoke from this special combination makes the bees dizzy, disoriented and drives them away.

Third step is to get the whole hive and collect the honey from inside.

There is really no danger from them getting stung by the bees.  The only danger there is if the hives are located in dangerous locations where you could possibly fall.

Wild honey collection is done December to May.  The rest of the year they say is the rainy season and they let the bees recover and regenerate.

By the way the Aetas describe the honey collection techniques it is very easy, must have been a staple thing to do for humans since the time humans became intelligent.  Honey must have been a raw paleolithic staple.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:32:35 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw wild honey hunting is easy, reliable and seasonal
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 09:35:15 am »
That's really quite interesting!

Did they eat the honeycomb as well?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:43:24 am »
Hmmm.... I didn't ask that.  I will text them.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:07:17 am »
Hmmm.... I didn't ask that.  I will text them.

That kind of cracks me up that they're collecting honey with burning sticks and getting text messages at the same time. Not meant as any offense, I actually think the melding of technology with old school is really cool and would like to do it in the future myself when I get some land to collect food from.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 02:52:53 am »
Best type of raw honey to get hold of is raw honeycomb(preferably from high-grade sources such as heather or apples). So-called "raw honey", in liquid form, is often lightly pasteurised and it's legal, within the UK, to categorise honey as raw if it's heated to 80 degrees Centigrade for only a very short time. Honeycomb(in the UK) is almost always raw, unless it's within a jar, in which case it's pasteurised.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 07:46:20 am »
That kind of cracks me up that they're collecting honey with burning sticks and getting text messages at the same time. Not meant as any offense, I actually think the melding of technology with old school is really cool and would like to do it in the future myself when I get some land to collect food from.

Cell phones are cheap today, even tribes people can afford them.  The cell phone signals are strong, they can send text messages while hunting in the forest.  The village immediately knows when a catch has been made.  This is very recent.  Just within the past year.

Here is a picture of the smoking instrument they use.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:53:52 am by goodsamaritan »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk