Author Topic: most intense detoxes  (Read 2382 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
most intense detoxes
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:43:12 pm »
What are the most intense detoxes you guys have been through? What problems did you have before the detox that were gone or reduced afterwards? What were the symptoms fo your detox?
-----------

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: most intense detoxes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:54:54 pm »
Detox can mean different things to different  people. I am guessing you mean the Aajonus type where he tells you to keep eating things that he is convinced we all need to eat and can all metabolize, like milk or dairy in general or vege juice or eggs etc.

Then the obvious happens, Some people are fine with these things (me) but some people have zero tolerance and they get various versions of sick, ranging from discomfort to life threatening.

This is not to be confused with the person who really is full of toxicity from an awesomely bad diet and they experience a downloading of the crud they have been consuming which has lodged itself all over the body, causing a wide variety of chronic and acute illnesses.

I had a predictable, general, low grade lethargy that lasted quite awhile when I went from a vege diet (23 years) to eating raw meat. No doubt this was due to repopulation of the gut with different bacteria and a general resetting of digestive activities.

I was very healthy prior to the switch to raw primal , having virtually never had any significant illnesses. I got a few colds after starting the diet, but that was predictable, with an increase in fruit consumption which I slowed down and the colds went away.

The other type of detox is a planned/scheduled cleaning which I used to do under a supervised Ayurvedic regimen where I consumed a somewhat modified diet for a number of days in preparation and then on the last day I consumed a mixture of a couple of different types of laxative/purgatives that had complementary effects, combined with a hot bath with various methods/timings to keep things under control.

This produced a predictable "Holy sh*t"  ;D as we used to call it.

Then we ate a prescribed diet for that day and maybe the next to repopulate the gut.

This is done at the end of each season and can be followed by an amazing process called Pancha Karma (seven cleansing actions to get rid of the karma. [actions or results of actions] in your body) This can include some incredible massages, steam baths, enemas, etc to completely flush toxicity out of you. This is done in odd day groups ( one, three or five etc) depending on what you have the time/money/inclination to do. The longer you do it, the more you clean toxicity out. You really feel calm during and afterwards. It's like resetting the clock and is best done in a retreat setting away from the hustle and bustle.

This is not the goofy stuff you see advertised at the health food store where some crank gets a great idea, takes a week-end course to learn how to pour God knows what up your wazoo and gives you a random massage and calls it a "herbal cleanse".
Cheers
Al

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:05:21 am »
What are the most intense detoxes you guys have been through? What problems did you have before the detox that were gone or reduced afterwards? What were the symptoms fo your detox?

The most serious "detox" I ever experienced in my life was a phenomenal INTOX via raw grain fed beef.

For some raw foodists all health problems are just detoxes, based on their "raw must always be good" - dogma. A good example is Aajonus Vonderplanitz. With his primal diet I would constantly detox until end of life. Maybe I would detox my whole body. Many fruitarians "detox" their hair and their teeth etc.

Please excuse my cynicism.

Löwenherz

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 05:41:53 am »
With his primal diet I would constantly detox until end of life. Maybe I would detox my whole body. Many fruitarians "detox" their hair and their teeth etc.

Please excuse my cynicism.

Löwenherz

Excellent quote. I love it.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 05:49:23 am »
If you want a safe predictable "detox" on your terms, I suggest that before going to bed at night, take one or two teaspoons of castor oil and chase it with something that doesn't taste as disgusting as the castor. Holding your nose so the smell is blocked out and having a muffin or glass of OJ does the trick. I know, I know it's not raw, but it works.

This will safely clean your innards and flush out stuff you had no idea was in there.

It is cheap, easy, safe and you can do it for a month or longer if you want. This mild dose will not cause the holy sh*t, just more as it cleans out the tailpipe of unwanted buildup.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk