Author Topic: Your experiences eating Aloe Vera Gel? Aloe Vera juice?  (Read 40131 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Your experiences eating Aloe Vera Gel? Aloe Vera juice?
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »
Hi everyone,

Please share your experiences eating aloe vera gel? aloe vera juice?

Yesterday I chanced upon commercial Korean aloe vera juice.  I'm wondering if you guys make your own juice, or just eat aloe vera gel by itself.

Looking at it from a healing gut inflammations thing, leaky gut thing to nutrition.

Please share your experiences with aloe vera.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Your experiences eating Aloe Vera Gel? Aloe Vera juice?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:42 pm »
Didn't work for me when I had those awful gut problems pre-RPD diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:21:15 am »
The stuff tastes just awful in its fresh, raw state.  Maybe it would taste better if it were grown on good soil.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:01:27 am »
      I love aloe juice. I hate peeling it, because it is very slow and seems to waste a lot of precious aloe. I like to blend it together with a grapefruit, if you mix it with and orange it tastes like an orange Julius, but I'm avoiding sugar in oranges. I leave as much of the white on the citrus too. I was thinking of trying it with lemon, and maybe sea salt.
      GS, if you know a good way to peel aloe I would enjoy one of your nice instructional videos. I haven't had it  in years, but I was soothing for my belly. I have tried many cooked aloe preparations and never liked or noticed any benefit from them. I know there is a raw version, but aloe seems delicate so I assume it would be more potent fresh, but it is expensive and comes in plastic, so I've not tried it.
     I noticed a gentle cleansing it feels like a blood purifier and a hydrater. I will buy 2 large leaves later this week.  I will have one plain, because I've been enjoying noticing the effects of one food at a time and the other with lemon/salt. I will report.
       I think it will be good fresh and raw, bitter, but I like slimy and bitter, not everybody does.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:43:43 am »
I used this method to get the gel out of the aloe vera leaf:
Step 1: with a knife, slice the spiny edge off both sides of the leaf and discard the edges;
Step 2: using your fingers or a knife, peel open the inner and outer part of the leaf;
Step 3: using a spoon or knife, scrape out the gel into a container, or just spoon it into your mouth;
Step 4: (cute GS video version) get your children to make googly eyes and chant, "Aloe vera leaf is alive... aloe vera leaf is still breathing..."
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 01:37:28 pm »
The gel (flesh) is good for calming mild stomach ache/indigestion instantly.
The peel (blended in a blender) is good for relieving constipation.

The plant is very easy to grow at a warm sunny spot.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 08:12:13 pm »
This evening I cut up a big aloe vera leaf and ate some of it plain.  It didn't taste good.
So I put a lot of the cut up pieces in the commercial aloe vera juice.
Tasted tolerable.
Made me realize that commercial aloe juice is just artificial everything.
Maybe there is some aloe vera in them.

I also experimented putting some aloe vera gel on my son's arm.  And some on my arm.  I'll experiment with a spot on my face later.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline superja

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:12:46 am »
I don't know if it really did anything for me, but aloe vera mixed with grapefruit juice is pretty good.

Also there's a health food store that sells a couple different ones. One of them is just straight up juice and it's tolerable but I suspect there's not much to it after the processing.

The other one I buy once in a while when I'm out and about and thirsty- it has a couple different juices and the aloe vera is all in pulp form- it's kinda weird to drink but tastes awesome and felt really amazing when I had a sore throat. So there may be something to it.

Offline bonita

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 10:44:52 am »
I normally buy Aloe Vera leaf and eat the "jello" you can find inside. I mix it with honey and it's not that bad. I also use it as a face and hand mask.  I store it in a glass jar in the fridge.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 10:50:22 am »
i used fresh aloe vera gel straight from the plant and for my skin and as refreshment when i worked and spent all sun lit hours under then sun in arizona (clear sky...100 degree days every day) and must say if i ever felt the tinge of sun burn it was quickly alleviated by the gel.  fresh leaves are always best and most medicinal to sooth many irritations of the skin.  on a weird random note, one of my farm mates was using heroine, as well as suffering from aids and hepatitus while on the farm and he would DEVOUR massive amounts of aloe as well as miso paste........his intuitive way of detoxing his body?

basically i would just slice open the plant and rub the inner goo all over...to eat i would just eat inside the skin, no peeling or extraction method necessary

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 07:23:58 pm »
I just did the same as you Jessica. It was good in a way. I wanted it. I ate about 1/2 the leaf in one sitting. Then the rest the next.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline 24rulz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 01:45:30 am »
I have used a rolling pin to get the Aloe Vera juice from the leaf. It gets most of the gel out and doesn't create such a mess.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 02:53:40 am »
I have aloe arborenscens plants. Read book - major cancer cure. There are many species of aloe

Monk in small town where no one ever gets cancer because periodically everyone takes it as a preventative wrote the book.

They use a mixture of aloe arborenscens paste from leaves harvested and prepared in the dark (at least infrared) as light dramatically affects it at a certain moon cycle, mixed with raw honey and whiskey in specific ratios. The honey and whiskey are important ingredients for reasons not necessary to get into here.

I've cut these leaves like Eve does and applied it like Jessica to skin after sun or just as a healing balm. I think it feels better than aloe vera actually. So very good for the skin. Recently husband I got sunburned real bad. I put aloe on him right away but not me. He healed up nicely and quickly whereas I was in pain for many days and peeled where he didn't.

Aloe vera is also considered a potent anti-cancer herb - but not doesn't have the reputation of arborenscens. Arborenscens is a gorgeous plant too.  :D

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 01:40:29 am »
Non-tasty. No, did not like.

Grows wild in Florida and is related to agave. Aloe gets big, but flower stalks don't get more than about 4' tall. Agave stalks can get more than 12'.

Both taste rather nasty, IMO, even wild.
insert signature here

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 04:23:56 am »
I was just going to make a thread on Aloe Vera because I just recently got an aloe vera plant from my uncle, so now I have my own aloe vera plant.  My uncle is very much into eating naturally and organically and has a whole bunch of stuff he grows himself in his backyard including chickens for eggs which are really good, so I'm sure he grew my aloe vera plant on good soil.

I was just wondering if the aloe vera was safe to eat completely raw though, I wasn't sure lol, but I see a few people here have eaten it straight raw so I guess it is fine.. I haven't eaten any of my aloe vera yet, but I have been putting the gel on my face everyday hoping it will help heal my acne scars and wounds.  I don't know if it's the aloe vera, or the eggs I've been eating that I got from my uncle, or maybe both, but it seems to be helping a little.  I might try eating a little bit of the leaf next, though I don't know how well that will work out because I don't really like bitter things usually, and I don't want to eat a lot because my plant isn't very big either.

By the way, does anyone know the best way to raise aloe vera?  I'm pretty much just keeping it in my bathroom with my other plant and watering it randomly(only going to water it with bottled water, I don't trust tap water).. I don't know how to take care of plants, lol.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:41 am »
Aloe loves sun, it thrives in desert environments, like pretty much all succulents. You might want to give it more sun.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 01:58:39 am »
Actually - not all aloes like too much direct sun. Here they much prefer to have some shade. What can really hurt them though is too much water.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:42 am »
I'm glad you started this post. I really like plain aloe now. I buy the big leaves and eat about half in a sitting. I just peel the easy side and slide the meat/gel off the skin with my teeth. Then, rub the last bit into my skin.
Really love it. Thanks
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 08:21:42 pm »
     A coconut husk mulch works great for growing aloe. Lots of sunshine fresh air rainwater and good drainage. Cut the leaf when the moon is waning for less bitterness and to be nicer to your plant. The flower is lovely! Blend inner gel with fresh lemon and white rind and local unheated honey to drink for lungs and constipation.  Do not drink if you are weak and ill. Apply gel to skin for sunburn. Do not..if you have serious reactions to anything. Aloe is fantastic..but Ive seen dangerous and awful reactions in a few from both and either topical/internal fresh plant "done right".

Ive seen similar leaves used to reduce pain in cancer patients by slicing the leaf flatwise..making shallow crisscross. Cuts in the gel..and strapping it to the afflicted part.. aloe skinside out.

I tried that drink! Its from some exotic fruit. I forget the name. Yes..tasted good!

I don't know if it really did anything for me, but aloe vera mixed with grapefruit juice is pretty good.

Also there's a health food store that sells a couple different ones. One of them is just straight up juice and it's tolerable but I suspect there's not much to it after the processing.

The other one I buy once in a while when I'm out and about and thirsty- it has a couple different juices and the aloe vera is all in pulp form- it's kinda weird to drink but tastes awesome and felt really amazing when I had a sore throat. So there may be something to it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 04:19:06 am »
Please share your experiences eating aloe vera gel? aloe vera juice?

Useless! Did nothing for me.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 07:31:09 am »
I also consider aloe leave for external use only. The taste is ridiculously awful -v. watermelon or any melons r the better substitute of aloe. I consider eating this, if i get lost in a forest and nothing to eat or drink, I will pick up aloe gladly.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 06:46:58 am »
Save your money. I tried it for my UC and didn't notice a difference. Try Raw eggs for the gut.... It really works  if you can get past the taste.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 06:50:18 am »
Didn't even realize gs was the op.  I thought you had all the answers ;-)

— Anthony Jeselnik

CitrusHigh

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 10:20:58 am »
Dude, how can you dislike eggs? It's like butter in a shell. Are you buying shitty eggs?

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 10:41:42 am »
Grassfed eggs are expensive and hard to come by. I am very poor.

— Anthony Jeselnik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk