Author Topic: Food poisoning  (Read 2442 times)

Offline huntingbears

• Forager
    • View Profile
Food poisoning
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »
Hi, so I've started doing the primal diet (marks daily apple) for about 11 days now and I started to feel good, then i started to get a headache and feel very mildly sick (which i hoped was the start of 'carb flu')
the problem is at the same time i started looking around on this forum too and decided i would cook a very rare steak i had bought from tescos (tesco's 'finest', cooked same day as bought)
well the next morning i woke up at 4 and threw up in the toilet (only once) and have had bad diarrhea all day (basically a green liquid (sorry!)) and feel pretty ill, that was yesterday and today I still feel pretty terrible though the diarrhea has subsided slightly
Is this food poisoning? If so I'm pretty annoyed because on this forum everyone's talking about how great raw food is and that it can't make you sick but it made me sick!!
any thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:30:16 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Food poisoning
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:54:44 pm »
You shouldn't ever buy anything from a supermarket. Waitrose might be an exception since a few of their meats are grassfed, but, basically, it's a real bad idea to buy from supermarkets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline huntingbears

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 08:58:12 pm »
would a local butchers be a better bet?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »
Maybe the steak was in some plastic wrapping, this builds bad bacteria.

What you do is you expose the steak to fresh air for a few hours or a day or two to gain good bacteria.  You can hang it in the refrigerator if you have space.

Your source of raw meat is vital. 

I started with me and my children tasting various sources and each source tasted different.  We gravitated to grass fed at the wet market in Cubao because those tasted the best and always freshly killed midnight and sold the same day.  Always delicious.  I'm also very particular about the cleanliness and care of the butcher cutting up my meat. 

It's the same with eggs, with fish and other sea food, same with fruits.  Taste and taste and taste and taste.  Shop around and look for the best sources.

For me it just has to taste good raw and un-condimented.

Throwing up because of bad food is a great defense mechanism.  Happened to me with bad oysters and bad chicken liver.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline huntingbears

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:18:57 pm »
tbh this whole food poisoning has put me off the whole thing, i might gradually incorporate raw foods into my diet when i get to grips with primal but for now i think i will stick to the medium steaks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk