Author Topic: Youtube videos please!!!  (Read 24247 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Youtube videos please!!!
« on: October 21, 2008, 07:31:12 pm »
OK, if we're going to lift RAF diets out of obscurity, we are going to need more Youtube videos posted about us wonderful people. I strongly recommend that our members do so. At the moment, all we have are videos mostly criticising raw-meat diets, such as a couple made by a Raw Vegan fanatic.

Even better would be to get  Youtube videos of Aajonus or some Inuit/Eskimoes eating raw meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube videos please!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 07:34:32 pm »
Ugh I know that raw vegan you're talking about.
I made some comments on one of his videos and all he had to say back was complete rubbish

i would upload videos to youtube but I don't have a camera

Satya

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:00:17 pm »
Go for it, Tyler.  Be the change you seek in the raf world!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:02:04 pm »
Ugh I know that raw vegan you're talking about.
I made some comments on one of his videos and all he had to say back was complete rubbish

i would upload videos to youtube but I don't have a camera

Found that guy when I was looking up raw meat/aajonus, that guy is gonna crack one day. He seems manic.

not a great advert for fruitarian.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 12:26:40 am »
Plus, I've checked other forums of this type  which deal with relatively obscure topics, and some of them have been remarkably successful, primarily because they have had various people willing to do interviews with the media, whether with local newspapers, radio or even Television. Obviously, this would require someone with the courage to indulge in public-speaking without developing stage-fright(so count me out!). It's just that I'd like to read about Aajonus in the Daily Telegraph, for example. Anyone willing to volunteer for this?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 02:33:00 am »
OK, I've done my bit. A long while back I sent a complaint to the British (science-based) Focus magazine, complaining because, in an answer to "why can't humans eat raw meat?", they included a caption with the absolutist statement that humans would die on a raw-meat-based diet. I have now sent a further complaint now that they have included a reference to Wrangham, in a new, recent, article on diet and evolution.

How about others doing their bit re media-outreach?
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 02:50:16 am »
Yes, outreach to media I can do.  Youtube videos perhaps in the future.  I want Andrew to post one.  I want to hear his voice.  ;)  And Sully, do a rawcumentary for school or something, eh?

Hey Tyler, one more post and you are at 1000!  Are you the first there, or did The Craig beat you to it?

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 03:05:59 am »
Hey Tyler, one more post and you are at 1000!  Are you the first there, or did The Craig beat you to it?

Who is Craig??? Is he a member :o?

Satya

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:09:35 am »
Who is Craig??? Is he a member :o?

I know, he's been gone so much that some of you may have forgotten him.  Craig is the forum owner and founder.  He is super laid back and groovy.

xylothrill

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 03:34:11 am »
Hmmm... I thought my ears were ringing! Tyler is way ahead of me re posts. I'll have more time next month but I do check in daily to make sure things are running properly. I'm wondering what's happened to Lex though.

Youtube videos are a most excellent idea. Volunteers anyone?

Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 03:52:29 am »
Hmmm... I thought my ears were ringing! Tyler is way ahead of me re posts. I'll have more time next month but I do check in daily to make sure things are running properly. I'm wondering what's happened to Lex though.

Youtube videos are a most excellent idea. Volunteers anyone?

Craig

Youtube videos would encourage many more members to join, especially if they were filled with intelligent, scientific-oriented explanations(ie no cultlike behaviour of the Raw Vegan kind). One of the 2 primary reasons for the lack of popularity of RAF diets is, simply, that there's so little info on them, online, so no one curious can find them(I mean I thought of raw-meat-diets as a last resort somewhere between my early- to-mid-20s, yet it took till I was 29, to find any reference, online, to Raw-Animal-Food Diets for Humans(as opposed to ones for animals)

Well,  I've done my bit as regards the Raw Foodism Wikipedia page etc., but what would really generate 100s, perhaps a 1,000 or 2,000, new members, with each successive media-surge, would be  interviews with a national newspaper or local TV-station by 1 or more RAFers in the English-speaking world. Look at all the publicity that was  generated by the RAF-eating Haigwoods appearing on that episode of the US TV-series version of WifeSwap.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 03:55:04 am »
Uhh, I thought we would get new titles as we reached each stage. Why, oh why, am I still considered "Chief", when I've reached 1,000 posts. I'd thought that we'd already chosen 20-odd different titles for each stage(10,100,500, 1,000 posts etc.). Craig, come up with something cool as a title for 1,000th post, please! ;)
" Ron Paul.

xylothrill

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 04:10:31 am »
Uhh, I thought we would get new titles as we reached each stage. Why, oh why, am I still considered "Chief", when I've reached 1,000 posts. I'd thought that we'd already chosen 20-odd different titles for each stage(10,100,500, 1,000 posts etc.). Craig, come up with something cool as a title for 1,000th post, please! ;)

Ugg! We discussed that but I apparently never got around to implementing them. Do you remember where that discussion was?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 04:35:19 am »
"Fraid not. But, I'm sure that suggestions could be made:- "How about:- Raw Shaman", "Raw Witchdoctor", "mammoth-hunter",  "raw predator" etc.?
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 04:38:04 am »
I know, he's been gone so much that some of you may have forgotten him.  Craig is the forum owner and founder.  He is super laid back and groovy.

I was just making fun but he should not just look in and say "Happy Birthday" or "what about Lex"; poor Tyler  :'(

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 07:40:49 am »
I can volunteer myself and my children eating raw meat.
I'm a fair skinned Filipino.
What kind of reactions would that get?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

xylothrill

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 07:59:00 am »

That'd be awesome no matter what color you are. Can't wait! I'm sure many people would have quite a bad reaction to you feeding your children raw meat so you might want to be prepared for that. It will however, be there for those with more open minds as well.  Thanks Edwin!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 08:21:08 am »
Yes, and we can all defend him if there are negative comments on the video.

And if I do happen to get a camera or borrow one, should I link the video to rawpaleoforum.com? or rawpaleo.com? or leave it linkless

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 08:35:52 am »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:40:15 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 08:46:07 am »
Ahh! That's so awesome! Thanks a lot!

Your kids are so cool. I'll have to watch the piano videos when I get a chance

xylothrill

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 08:55:14 am »
Wow, that was fast!  Great job!

Keith, maybe you could link to all three like Edwin and throw him a bone too.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 09:06:14 am »
Here's another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdYwwRozTY

These are old videos we took last May 2008.

They were just lying around in my archives. 
I just used Windows movie maker to slap them together.

Satya

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 09:06:19 am »

Yeah baby!  Yes, do the whole family.  Maybe even talk about the transition process.  Show your fruit trees.  Clips of farm animals, then plates of their meat.  Show the ocean, then plates of fish.  You are such a sweetheart for doing this, Edwin.  Then post it on every website you have, and rawpaleo.com too.  We can have our first video testimonial!  Right guys?  :-* :-* :-*

What do you all think?  A 10-20 minute piece would be best.  Lots of camera shots, changes etc.  No one likes 45+ minutes of monotone blah blah (Gary Taubes comes to mind, though his writing is brilliant). 

Ooowwww!  Edwin, show us your world!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 09:08:09 am »
Okay I decided to follow suit haha and figured I could take a video with my phone... I'm eating right now anyway.
Now I'm just trying to upload it somehow

Satya

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 09:12:02 am »
Here's another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdYwwRozTY

These are old videos we took last May 2008.

They were just lying around in my archives. 
I just used Windows movie maker to slap them together.

Is that a bird in the background?  If so, which kind?

Your videos are inspirational, Edwin!  Now I want to do it too!  I will show young men and Mom scarfing raw food ... and feeding it to chickens and dog!  I will do it soon.  Everyone should.  You too, Tyler.  Even 2 minutes of something is good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk