Author Topic: Fiber in the Primal Diet  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
Fiber in the Primal Diet
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:56:32 pm »
Hello all,

When I first started learning about the Primal Diet, I assumed from the juicing that it was a no-fiber diet. Now as I'm reading Recipe for Living Without Disease, it seems that it's not that there's no fiber, it's just that you are supposed to blend all vegetables into sauces. Is that correct?

What's the difference between whole vegetable fiber and blended fiber?

Thanks,
zym.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fiber in the Primal Diet
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:57:12 pm »
I don't really recommend eating veggies very much. Juicing can be good in the initial stages of the diet, to help detox, but veggies are hard to digest, and have lots of anti-nutrients.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:50:30 am »
So the diet should consist only of meat, whole eggs, and raw milk products? What about the fruit and honey?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:26:05 am »
So the diet should consist only of meat, whole eggs, and raw milk products? What about the fruit and honey?

Fruits are easier to digest than veggies, especially if they are a little overripe.

Honey is OK for some people in small amounts. A few people will do will with larger amounts, but it's important to be very careful with it.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:28:52 am »
What about milk and calcium / magnesium imbalances? How is that counterbalanced?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »
What about milk and calcium / magnesium imbalances? How is that counterbalanced?

I'm still trying to find a food that's really high in magnesium.  I don't trust nuts and seeds for this, they're too hard to digest.

Meanwhile, you can take a magnesium supplement.

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 02:35:32 am »
Have you been practicing the primal diet and while doing so experienced health problems due to magnesium deficiency? You may find a lesser requirement of magnesium during this time and still get all the health benefits.  Alternatively if you plan to avoid using a juicer the are ways around it. You could chew the vegetables, and spit the pulp out. That's one.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk