Author Topic: Death from Water Fasting  (Read 5757 times)

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Death from Water Fasting
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:56:03 pm »
I was just browsing this website and i read about the scandals of water fasting with a Dr Graham who charges 11,000USD for water fasting and justifies the high price tag to the price of organic fruit when it was later found that this fruit isnt even organic to begin with.

Anyway, you can read about the full story here if you're interested:

http://30bananasadaysucks.com/2012/03/what-they-dont-tell-you-about-water-fasting-and-why-its-important-to-know/#more-839

I am shocked!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:10:27 pm by Duke »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Death from Water Fasting
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:50:08 pm »
I don't have a problem with water-fasting as it is more effective on me than juice-fasting. Still, I have purposely never done more than 10 days of water-fasting at a time, and usually less.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:01:44 pm »
I was taught by my teacher that long water fasts are quite dangerous.  Diluted juice fasts are safer.  I go with safer.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:47:12 am »
Hello everybody,

Personal longest fasting is 23 days (first 6 days - dry!). One 14 days, every year 3-4-5 times, a week long water fasts (it is the most suitable length for me: 5 to 9 days).

I am active member of Russian fasting forum (there are might be more then thousand members). Thus I have my personal view:

It is absolutely natural and safe to do the water fast. But if somebody decides to do it one must fish around and learn how to do it wise.

To call the WF "the reason for death" is the same as the sun or water or air is "the reason for death". Or anything you can imagine :)

IMHO, it is simply strange that somebody can jump to such type of conclusions when there are so much open information on the net. Read, learn, analyze, make your own conclusion, try, observe and be responsible for yr action instead of blaming RPD, WF or the moon light for the troubles :).

Peace.

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:18:49 pm »
RomanK, but fasting on water for 6 weeks whilst also being physically active should be done in conjunction with blood tests and medical care / attention. Elders will die on the spot if these protocols were not implemented. That's what actually happened with Dr. Graham's fasting campaigns.

Personally, i think that fasting for 1 week (between seasons) on the juice of a seasonal fruit or vegetables is optimal for your health. Water fasting for one day every fortnight or every week is also okay. But i think that water fasting for prolongued times can have negative side effects on your health.

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 10:11:22 am »
No question here re 6 WEEKS! It is very serious. But a week fast (only water) is so common that nobody in the community will talk much about it!
 I will never say that it is safe for 100% of people but 99% for sure. 1% are specific cases.
It is not only my opinion it is just statistics.

Try to talk to doctors  ;D, they will not believe that  the result of blood work becomes better after a week of WF :D... Let alone to help with the fasting itself...

In any case I 've just put my drop of personal experience.

All the best

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk