Author Topic: Better grammar etc.  (Read 3822 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Better grammar etc.
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:32 am »
I have posted about this many times before but have been previously condemned as being overly pedantic etc. Could people please in general improve their spelling and grammar in their posts? Punctuation is not so important on the Internet, but other kinds of mistakes, even some supposedly "legal" ones such as shortening "great" to "gr8" or "thank you" to "thx", make us seem like a bunch of uneducated morons, even if we were all just being lazy at the time.

Now, I know I'm equally guilty. I indeed sometimes trawl my posts, from years ago, to correct past mistakes. I think it might even be a good idea to  ask GS to allow people to edit/improve their posts up to a week after they last made those very posts.

TylerDurden,
The Rawpaleoforum Language-Policeman,
@The Rawpaleoforum Ministry of Love.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

Re: Better grammar etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:03:15 am »
@The Rawpaleoforum Ministry of Love.

OMG Ty, I'm splitting my sides over here. That is sooooo funny!

Also, just and FYI, though I too mostly appreciate good grammar and punctuation, there's sometimes I'm posting from my iphone and it's just easier, show a brotha some love! Some rawpaleoforum ministry of love, love.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk