Author Topic: eating carnivores  (Read 4108 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
eating carnivores
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:46:36 pm »
Would it be alright to eat carnivores such as wolves and coyotes raw in the wild? I heard that carnivores have more toxins the higher up you go in the food chain.
-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: eating carnivores
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:55:38 pm »
Fish are carnivores.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 12:58:47 pm »
what about land carnivores?
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:29:44 pm »
what about land carnivores?
The mercury-claims have been debunked even for islanders who ate whale-meats. So it's fine to eat fish or land-animals further up the food-chain.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 08:38:03 pm »
Would it be alright to eat carnivores such as wolves and coyotes raw in the wild? I heard that carnivores have more toxins the higher up you go in the food chain.

Don't know, never tried it. I know from skinning wild land carnivores they carry a lot of parasites. If you buy into AV's theory that parasites are good for you, eat up! If not, you should probably avoid them.

That biomagnification of pollutants has negative health implications has been debunked in the mind of TylerDurden, but not necessarily for the rest of us. I studied this issue first hand while working on my masters degree in Environmental Chemistry, Toxicology and Risk Assessment, and I can say that I'm convinced TD is dead wrong on this issue. Lots of epidemiological studies have found links between eating contaminated food and all sorts of maladies.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:22 am »
Iv seen studies on populations that eat lots of fish and they show no signs of mercury poisoning. One theory is that the good aspects of eating fish balance out the mercury. Aajonus says that mercury in fish is bioactive and actually serves to detox the mercury in your body. Im pretty convinced that the fish is fine.

I havent seen any info on land carnivores though and would like to hear if anyone has experience eating them raw. Perhaps it would be best to avoid their organs?
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 12:38:44 am »
That biomagnification of pollutants has negative health implications has been debunked in the mind of TylerDurden, but not necessarily for the rest of us. I studied this issue first hand while working on my masters degree in Environmental Chemistry, Toxicology and Risk Assessment, and I can say that I'm convinced TD is dead wrong on this issue. Lots of epidemiological studies have found links between eating contaminated food and all sorts of maladies.
The above is just idle, ignorant speculation from Eric. I have already previously provided plenty of hard scientific data from  the famous Seychelles study , including comparisons of various studies and the fishscam.com website etc.. You have a point re a very few types of pollutants(all affecting wildlife, not humans), but the mercury-issue has been effectively debunked a long time ago. Not surprising, really, since mercury has already been in the world's oceans in trace amounts since billions of years before Man evolved.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PrimiFit

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • PrimiFit: Personal Trainer Helsinki
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »
I've read that there's trichina in all carnivores, including pigs. Trichina will inhabit a large muscle, like one in your thigh and lodge itself there and make a calcific cocoon of sorts that can cause arthritic kind of pains in the later years of your life.
Primal Health and Strength

Offline giveroftime

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »
LOL Wolves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk