Author Topic: Eat better than a caveman ?  (Read 24616 times)

Offline storm

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Eat better than a caveman ?
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:00:20 am »
Seems somewhat interesting, any thoughts or reviews?

http://180degreehealth.com/2012/02/paleo-myths

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Eat better than a caveman ?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:48:39 am »
I've noticed that my libido (sexual drive) has not increased since I began a diet rich of animal foods, which raises my concern. I think it was strongest when I was practicing the Milk Diet.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:05:22 am »

when the inner-guru shines the spirit awakens there isn't much need for a penis

once a month during ovulation time is enough for me. Although, I don't technically have a partner yet but I am sending out vibrations now, and spend my mornings picking flowers with a peaceful disposition.

my fasting practice aids wonder in this and I express my gratitude with a raw turnip. Its a feast of true desire.

Aajonus claims to have sex 6 times a night but when he dies in his 90s the autopsy will discover all sorts of neolithic disease, plus he probably has great genes to handle all that dairy.

like all those tribes that Price guy studied, who knows what diseases they had when they died or how much they suffered...

---

I don't know what a "boner" is as that sounds neolithic and in my new spiritual philosophy I don't use these words as it distracts me from more gratitude.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:42:41 am by KD »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:51:11 am »

I don't know what a "boner" is as that sounds neolithic and in my new spiritual philosophy I don't use these words as it distracts me from more gratitude.

lol!

[/quote]

Offline storm

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 06:15:27 am »
boner is erection...

I dont believe anything Aajonus says .....

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 10:45:59 am »
boner is erection...

I dont believe anything Aajonus says .....

lol!

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 11:57:07 am »
Like I said, I don't understand this article as it uses to many cultural references of which belong only to my past neolithic life, but my friends, it seems someone needs to say that we - like all paleo animals - only have sex for procreation. This is well documented on many websites. Also, I poked around this site and can say we did not have walls of mirrors or ever-present media telling us what we should look like in paleo times, nor thermometers. My doctor said my temperature is 94.6, but he also said I have lupus (which is a made up disease created by the agricultural pharmaceutical industry), so what does he know. Blood test? Paleo man did just fine without such things thank you very much. My body gives me strong signals of exactly what it needs if It needs it, just like a nutrient depleted pregnant woman on the verge of causeing birth complications. Most people are just out of touch with this feeling.

On this voyage I have had certain concerns, I can't stomach much meat or any dense food so I eat more mono meals and have started eating more fennel. All domesicated meat is a product of neolithic society and causes disease, so I order all of my wild animal meat shipped to my house. It can weigh up to 18 kg, which is too heavy for me to carry in the house, so I open it outside and carry each chunk individually. I also like to smell the meat in the outside air, just like a real caveman. I then bring my meat inside and put it in the fridge at the lowest setting. Neolithic and modern technology are merely a nusisance, distracting me from my real self and are incapable of benefiting me in any way. My favorite foods these days are tuna and Alaskan salmon. The lengths we have to go to now to be healthy without medicine and neolithic food dependance. Its crazy. Every day is like a struggle just to eat healthy food.

My friends, I started talking to my sole mate tonight. I started chanting and then went on match.com. My pure diet and radical harmonizing drew me to a woman. She weights 300 pounds and is very excited about getting healthier. I told her that if she ate any more neolthic food she would probably die before we meet, so she better make a solid commitment to eat only unprocessed paleo food. She said I seemed a little controlling and I informed her my diet makes me an alpha male. I am confident she will make the right choice. If not, ever since I changed my lifestyle and I've uncovered how wrong society is and is destined for destruction unless everyone starts eating paleo, I quite frankly can't really consider 'neo's' on my spirtual level.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:07:46 pm by KD »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 07:44:23 pm »
Like I said, I don't understand this article as it uses to many cultural references of which belong only to my past neolithic life, but my friends, it seems someone needs to say that we - like all paleo animals - only have sex for procreation. This is well documented on many websites. Also, I poked around this site and can say we did not have walls of mirrors or ever-present media telling us what we should look like in paleo times, nor thermometers. My doctor said my temperature is 94.6, but he also said I have lupus (which is a made up disease created by the agricultural pharmaceutical industry), so what does he know. Blood test? Paleo man did just fine without such things thank you very much. My body gives me strong signals of exactly what it needs if It needs it, just like a nutrient depleted pregnant woman on the verge of causeing birth complications. Most people are just out of touch with this feeling.

On this voyage I have had certain concerns, I can't stomach much meat or any dense food so I eat more mono meals and have started eating more fennel. All domesicated meat is a product of neolithic society and causes disease, so I order all of my wild animal meat shipped to my house. It can weigh up to 18 kg, which is too heavy for me to carry in the house, so I open it outside and carry each chunk individually. I also like to smell the meat in the outside air, just like a real caveman. I then bring my meat inside and put it in the fridge at the lowest setting. Neolithic and modern technology are merely a nusisance, distracting me from my real self and are incapable of benefiting me in any way. My favorite foods these days are tuna and Alaskan salmon. The lengths we have to go to now to be healthy without medicine and neolithic food dependance. Its crazy. Every day is like a struggle just to eat healthy food.

My friends, I started talking to my sole mate tonight. I started chanting and then went on match.com. My pure diet and radical harmonizing drew me to a woman. She weights 300 pounds and is very excited about getting healthier. I told her that if she ate any more neolthic food she would probably die before we meet, so she better make a solid commitment to eat only unprocessed paleo food. She said I seemed a little controlling and I informed her my diet makes me an alpha male. I am confident she will make the right choice. If not, ever since I changed my lifestyle and I've uncovered how wrong society is and is destined for destruction unless everyone starts eating paleo, I quite frankly can't really consider 'neo's' on my spirtual level.

lol are you freaking out.....maaaaan?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »
i agree with you kd, its almost like i cannot be attracted to others on more then an intellectual level, and that attraction can be strong, but most i know are not living a righteous lifestyle and there is a lot of thinking and saying about believes but not much action, being and doing.  so it is very hard to be attracted to those types and also to be able to look, sense and smell and become aware others, through many subtilties, that their diet and lifestyle are not so harmonious with nature and growing closer to her and their ideas of the future the same make most very unattractive.  to even know that the healthful look and attitude are some what gained in vain ! there are very few males i am truely attracted to and even then i am sure there would have to be wooing on their part for them to convince me that it was worth the time and effort to form a relationship, let alone commit the act that would, in the best case, bond us for the next however many years creating a relationship and family around taking care of each other and another.  so i totally understand.  its hard for me to relate to others my age let alone the majority of society on daily doings, what is supposed to be entertaining and important...etc.  that is why i have kind of clung to the farming/ranching community because i can see importance in the work and lifestyle...now to find a boy who feels the same and is cute......;)

Offline storm

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 11:50:45 pm »
My doctor said my temperature is 94.6

that seems really really low.... normal is 98.6

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 05:00:30 am »
Not wanting to have sex with another doesn't equal not wanting to have sex. I know somebody who is just as evolved as me, loving, sexy, and wants me whenever I want her. It's ME. My libido is intact. I have no need of another. The flesh of another can be very nice when the stars align. When my libido is low I am either deeply healing, and want for nothing but rest, or getting very sick. Hopefully you find lust for yourself at least.
    On the other hand, I think to ejaculate too fast is bad news, for men physically and spiritually. Take your time exploring your sensuality. It is the essence of life. Invite your heart and spirit to join your body, go solo tantra style. You can grow in this way too. Maybe that will pull your woman to you.  But, to demand somebody be right for you. That is controlling. You're looking for love so, controlling is a poor place to begin. Sorry, if this sounds harsh. Something inspired you to feel love for this woman when you learned about her poor health and habits you felt bad. Maybe afraid of how loving a sick woman could cause you more pain than not loving at all. So, without skipping a step you shared with her what you know about healing. Then, you became invested and that lead to controlling.
     I find relationships quite challenging, so you might not want my advice. I am loved and it feels very comforting, but I grow the most from realizing that we are different and we still love and respect each other. I have you all here to feel connected to, while my husband happily plays Mass Effect and eats chicken fingers. It is what it is I accept that. Maybe you will find more. It would be very uncommon. On the bright side you only need to find one :-*
   I'm thinking I should erase this, but I thought a lot about this so, I hope it helps
One more thing about the neolithic references. My husband is the most politically incorrect, profane, and shocking man, I ever encountered. I laugh like crazy at his jokes, because he has a heart of gold and helps others whenever he can. I find the folks who advertise about how great they are, are pretty much selfish, lazy sacks of shit. All talk is cheap.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:13:12 am by TylerDurden »
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 07:52:06 am »
I'm just guessing here, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but I think KD is being satirical, or perhaps facetious.

Again, might be wrong, but that's how it comes off to me, hence my last comment.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 09:02:41 am »
you are right ryan?is that you? did you change your name? anyway i just wanted to say my piece.....and laugh at boners

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 09:41:56 am »
 O0. Seems more a collection of actual unattributed quotes sadly....

Its basically impossible to be serious on this subject in an environment where people actually will rationalize the same 'why would I need to do x if people man did not' as an actual argument in a serious discussion while ignoring physical reality. This is 100% the problem, not paleo diets per se, at least IMO. A perfect example of this could be something as simple as cholesterol. Most of us agree that eating plenty of cholesterol is good and natural. or at least raw cholesterol. The thing is is that if your cholestrol is high and whether you eat paleo or raw or whatever, it might not indicate that you will have a heart attack, but what it does indicate is that you are not converting cholesterol to the advanced hormones, which means your health and diet is completely out of wack in other ways, and requires re-examination from the ground-up and not top-down. This is impossible when following a set of beliefs that already determine what is healthy and what is not based on religion. For instance, we know vegans can have high cholesterol with little or no dietary cholesterol or neolithic food, and yet in the context of the right diet, you can eat sticks of butter every day and have healthy total cholesterol, probably because it has SCFAs directly useful for energy and pro-thyroid minerals, but almost irrelevant why, as this is the reality. That alone says nothing about paleo diets being ideal or not for modern folks, but it does tell you you should probably check all theories against reality when people hand-wave about concepts as if they don't matter. Also when people cite that avoiding neolithic food is most -or even all- of the equation when fixing health problems...

For many, stone appears to dimiss food toxicity in the conventional raw or paleo sense as being particulary important. Im not sure that is accurate as it seems, but I tend not to be the targeted audience or target of his stuff as I can form my own indepedent opinions, get regular workups, have temps 98-99+,and thus dont read it much. My guess is, a fairer view of what he says is if you fall below the line of what are obvious indicators of poor health, your purism, naturalism, localism, spiritualism, etc... Isnt working. Period. The key problem is, no matter how impossible it is to actually diagree with that, people will simply choose to disagree with that (something, eh), and just cite more of their dogmas and swear all sorts of reasons why others are wrong and excuses for their own health fly like one of those chip cans full of fake snakes. The absolute best is when you see someone take a complety anti-paleo theory like his or others and then say  "ok, lets apply this to a paleo diet". But ultimately he's like every other diet, film, or social critic. He - like most people- has some masive bias against diets that did not work for him, and thus "don't work" (sound familiar?) for anyone even when they do. This part is totally false, if your actual version of paleo/healthy eating fulfills your known needs in actual analysis, and gives optimal results, or at least fares better than others without excuses.

short review:
the article is actually dumb and a pitch for a book. but this seems pretty reasonable:
http://180degreehealth.com/2012/02/paleo-myths#comment-57247

note how he blatantly promotes things I 100% disagree with...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:18:41 am by KD »

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 09:50:50 am »
Oh well, I guess it went over my head????!!!!
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:42 am »
Anyone read the whole 12 Paleo myths ebook?

The intro seemed a bit absurd. Has anyone here really experience boner deficiency when beginning the diet?

I already know how to eat much better than a caveman. I eat coconut concentrate and lamb belly fat with each meal. Lamb meat and organs breakfast lunch and dinner. Currently I am eating about 3 or more lamb brains each week. An avocado and tomato occasionally. A couple glasses of lemon water and raw egg yolks each day.

Regardless of the season I eat like a paleo prince, perennially. My wife is always saying I eat well beyond my means, she could be right , I could be a bit of a glutton. So what, I have had some very real and wonderful results from a diet that most of the world would think insane.

I dragged out my lamb from the shed today to show my Father my aged meat. He just looked fairly disgusted by the smell of death and maggots that fell off. 

How does a guy like me get invited to that paleo summit?

It seems like most of the mainstream paleo gurus other than AV may think that maggot meat is a bit too extreme. I don't hear high meat mentioned at all in the article, and yet it has properties that make it possible from some people to adapt to a high meat low carb diet without any wiener softening side effects.

This guy Matt Stone seems to mean well, but he isn't playing with a full deck.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:11:02 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »
that is why i have kind of clung to the farming/ranching community because i can see importance in the work and lifestyle...

well yeah, what I wrote was 100% fos, but I don't disagree with you here. obviousy in the ideal we would want to be surrounded by healthy conscious people. In your case, probably people that actually know how to tend to animals and grow food and take care of themselves, despite its neolithicness :) . Perhaps someone actually physically capable of maybe even hunting and killing something...

I think the joke was that, while diet stuff is not easy and likely takes on some inevitable level of ego/obsession, clearly it is often taken to a level where there is alot of fluff and self-import in place of what people present and obtain.  Whether we are actually talking huge leaps and bounds health-wise, or spiritually fulfilling and such or as more desirable I'm not so sure about when looking from a wider perspective. Adora, I actually assumed you got what I meant, at least the last half of what you wrote. I also agree re: low libido during healing rest, but not usually a good sign otherwise generally. Some people have no problems with libido, skin, emotional poise, digestion, etc..and they are "ill" because they eat or ate neolithic food, yet Its no secret that excuses for not being particularly sexual abound in natural-health lore/websites or like... veg diets, and apparently now paleo sites I guess.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:47:40 pm by KD »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »

I already know how to eat much better than a caveman.

blasphemy!

How does a guy like me get invited to that paleo summit?

I think you just have to buy a ticket for AHS. Just stand up and speak. lol.

---

yeah the issue seems to be more nutrient/glandular based than macro based, but who knows as the new thing with hip bloggers is to equate macros with glandular systems. Then again many peoples' idea of a paleo diet is something simply that lacks neolithic food, rather than a diet that has regular organ meats, bacterias, glands, saturated fats, blood, connective tissue, collagen, bugs, whole small creatures etc..or at least other foods that basically can reasonably replace the nutrients found in those things (or alter the larger systems as effectively), also on a regular basis.

and/or things that are likely equally important to health as diet, sunlight, all the 'natural living', emotional poise stuff etc..
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:11:19 pm by KD »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 01:10:10 pm »
Thanks KD

w
yeah the issue seems to be more nutrient/glandular based than macro based, but who knows as the new thing with hip bloggers is to equate macros with glandular systems. Then again many peoples' idea of a paleo diet is something simply that lacks neolithic food, rather than a diet that has regular organ meats, bacterias, glands, blood, connective tissue, collagen, bugs, whole small creatures etc..or at least other foods that basically can reasonably replace the nutrients found in those things, also on a regular basis. Likely also attending to obvious things like proper sunlight and other common sense stuff a natural person would probably engage in and/or things that are likely equally important to health as diet.

I share in KDs more holistic view of Raw Paleo. I think more time needs to be spent in education of people who come to this forum on how some Paleo bloggers are not hip to eating holistically. If one really wishes to get extreme benefits from Raw paleo dieting, then I encourage that person to adopt a way of life that may not be appealing to the staeak tartar with side salad paleo crowd. It takes guts to live like a caveman.

Eat the whole damn animal from the tongue to the anus and everything in between. Slit the jugular yourself so you can drink a fresh cup of blood before you feast on the heart and organs while they are still warm. Smash the skull open and eat the brains.  Hang the rest of the kill out to dry and age so it cultures good probiotic bacteria.

There are so many people who just are not willing to go that far, and when they give up on Raw paleo before even attempting to adopt a holistic raw paleo lifestyle, people like Matt Stone will use their failure as evidence that the evolutionary diet is flawed.

I agree with Matt that there may be difficult for one who has been acclimated to high carb diets to go low carb carnivorous, but for him to just blatantly claim that low carb diets cause ED is blasphemy and outright misleading.

I doubt that he has drunk fresh blood, cracked open a raw brain, eaten the whole animal from tongue to anus, with high meat during his own low carb experiment.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:32:24 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 04:32:55 pm »
Carnivores like lions deliberately avoid eating the bowel-contents, so not everything needs to be eaten!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 06:06:47 pm »
And to be real caveman you have to not fear cold and dark too.
These two HUGE pieces are mostly missing... food alone is not all.

The cold, the dark, and hunger. When you are not afraid of those, you are a real caveman/woman. ;)

Inger

CitrusHigh

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 07:25:10 pm »
Are you sure Ty about the avoidance of bowel contents?  I mean I wouldn't be surprised , because I don't want to eat feces, but I read Jim Corbett's books about his hunting maneaters in the early 1900's in india, to help my tracker's education. When he is following up a tiger who is carrying a human kill he notes that the tigers eat everything. And I do believe he meant everything, because he would usually try to find some bit of the victim, even if it was just a splinter of bone so that the family could perform the death rituals properly. Tigers are not lions so that might have something to do with it, also humans are much smaller than a zebra or wildebeast. Furthermore in my own experiences, when I come across deer the coyotes have brought down here on our farm, there is nothing left at the end save for whatever bone they couldn't crush and a few bits of hair. Seems like every last scrap of flesh, connective tissue, skin, etc has been put to good use!

This is neither here nor there of course, we're not set up like tigers or lions where we can consume entire large kills using our mandibles alone, but just for discussion's sake. And obviously carnivores like coyotes swallow their kills whole when possible, small rodents for instance, same with hawks, owls.

&

Jessica, I think boners are funny too. And obviously I totally relate to how you feel about finding someone who 'gets it'. Fortunately our lifestyle brings us in to contact with people of our ilk, and if you know what it is you want in another, chances are perty good you'll eventually cross paths! So chin up! In the mean time, patocitos make wonderful companions, especially if they imprint on you! ; )

&

Adora, I wonder if your husband knows how lucky he is??? To be with a woman as open minded, strong, smart and independent as yourself! I think he mostly does?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:32 pm »
Carnivores like lions deliberately avoid eating the bowel-contents, so not everything needs to be eaten!
I was not implying that everyone eat bowl contents, just that one eats all the fat lining, organ meat, brain, lymphatic tissue ect. I will take a few bits off the lower intestine, but I don't think there is any crucial nutrition within bowls that cannot be gotten elsewhere.

Also I was generally stating that in order for low carbers to get holistic nutrition they should try to eat the whole animal. Its just my opinion.

Be not afraid Inger.
I still enjoy living in fear as much as the next cave man, only instead of fearing environmental phenomena and conditions that are now no longer relevant in modern life, I have learned to fear the darker corners of my over developed ego consciousness.
We must learn to develop healthy surrogate activities that allow us to learn live in accordance with our evolutionary drives and grow as cave people living in metropolis, without freaking out the rest of the hive.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:45:49 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 07:45:20 pm »
I saw a reference to it in an article on lions, years ago. Can't remember where I got it from, though. They stated that lions routinely grabbed the bowel with their teeth and removed it from the rest of the corpse without eating it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 07:55:42 pm »
I saw a reference to it in an article on lions, years ago. Can't remember where I got it from, though. They stated that lions routinely grabbed the bowel with their teeth and removed it from the rest of the corpse without eating it.

That's neat! And seems intuitive, but then again, my dogs here on the farm are connoisseurs of feces. They enjoy cow, goat, turkey, llama and chicken feces, when the fancy strikes them, so not sure what that is about. Probiotic and/or mineral needs?

Also like sabertooth said, he wasn't implying anyone should eat feces. More a commentary, which I feel pretty strong about, on the waste that goes on in western countries. Here most of what he's talking about get scrapped and, though I've searched high and low here in MN/WI, no one will give me the head/brains of a grassfed cow. So instead it gets scrapped and they PAY someone to dispose of it, WTF!!?!?!?!!? Nevermind there are people without food all over the world!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk