Author Topic: Rawr :)  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Rawr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Rawr :)
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »
Hi,

I'm from Slovakia and I just joined the forum.

My "story"

I'm pretty "new" to the RAF type(s) of diet.

My "decision point" of going to commit myself to raw food eating was reading the Aajonus's book - after/together with watching his "crazy" videos from Ripley's "Believe Or Not" and others :D.

I've been eating fully raw uncooked for a week now.

I started approx.3-4 days before that week, and I've only eaten 1 cooked food to "try and check" to see how I would react to it - the result was heavy stomach for approximately 2 hours :) - which confirmed to me I'm going to stay with raw :).

My experience(s)

Now, after a week of "turning raw", I know of these changes in my health/body/strength:

- I no longer need to take melatonin to fall asleep and sleep well (I used to have to take it 9/10 nights)
- compared to cooked foods, I digest raw food much quicker and effortlessly - I barely know I've eaten something ;) (yet I am not hungry :] )
- I have more energy/"tendency" to move with my body (I used to suffer from something like "chronic fatigue"/"not wanting to move much unless necessary [among other things] - it's not "completely gone" but it's improved noticeably)

Needless to say, I'm going to stick with my changes :) - and continue to try to improve my diet (for example, I haven't eaten raw organs like liver yet, and I haven't eaten high meat so far).

My motivation to "go raw"

The decision to go raw was made thanks to the combination of both positive and negative motivation factors:
(simplified of course)

- it has much more of the "good stuff" in it that the body needs and cooking destroys
- it has much less of the "bad stuff" that the cooking (or other "modern" proccessing) produces/adds that damages the body
- I had health issues that made me look for solutions - to get rid of (at least most of) my health "issues" and to get to being and feeling well, healthy, strong.

My challenges

Since I've been "self-studying" the human mind/brain and how it works/how it can be changed before, I haven't had much of a problem eliminating "mental issues" that would block me from eating raw food.

I just had to start eating it slowly and from very little amounts so I would get accustomed to it's texture, taste, smell, and "chewing requirements" (of course I mean mostly meat & eggs - since I've never eaten them raw before in my life).

It was actually quite funny and interesting :) I felt like a little child "learning to eat" again hehe :D.

So... "Where am I now"?

Right now I eat mostly cow-milk, eggs, meat, butter, honey, now and then some pineapple - all raw/unheated except butter - I haven't been able find a good local source for that yet.

What I want to do next! :)

The following week I'm going to go towards:
- finding a good source for raw butter, or at least raw cream so I can make butter myself
- starting/learning to eat raw organ meat - liver & heart most likely
- who knows what else :) mostly I'll continue finding local farmers so I have a "steady enough" supply of good animal foods that I want to eat long-term

--

:) I can see I've written quite a lot for the beginning. :D Well, I like to write down things that I like & value. Maybe someone will find some of it useful, or advise me something based on what I've written.:)

Plus, I don't have anyone with similar "interests" here where I live now. So far. ;) :D

--

So far I've only read few isolated topics/threads on this forum - I'm going to check out and read more so I can somewhat "catch up" to everyone's experiences and "feel the flow" here. :)

- Rawrr ;]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:30:19 pm by RawR »

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: Rawr :)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 03:11:08 am »
Welcome to the site Rawr. I read and read when I started. I finally spend a reasonable amount of time on the internet now. It feels so nice to be part of this community. Slovakia doesn't seem that far since there are others from Australia and the Philippines. There is a map here somewhere, you should put yourself on it if you find it. I've been meaning to see if anybody else has joined that is close to me but I don't remember where it is. Would an administrator put it on the info bar next to home, help, search, etc?
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Rawr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:32:50 am »
There is a map here somewhere, you should put yourself on it if you find it... ...I don't remember where it is.

I haven't found it yet - the "Search" function seems to be somewhat broken - search for "map" returned only 2 pages...

Edit:
I just found it. :)

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/RAF
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/personals/rafers-across-the-world!/

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 05:27:46 am »
The pasteurised butter really isn't worth it re health. Avoid it and just get hold of raw cream or raw butter.

Also make sure the meats you get are either 100% grassfed or raw wild game. Meat from intensively-farmed/grainfed animals is not a good idea.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Rawr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 06:28:28 am »
The pasteurised butter really isn't worth it re health. Avoid it and just get hold of raw cream or raw butter.

Also make sure the meats you get are either 100% grassfed or raw wild game. Meat from intensively-farmed/grainfed animals is not a good idea.

Hi TD,
I already sourced raw milk and raw butter. So I get cream from milk now.

Re meats, currently I've sourced frozen wild game and organic (not sure if 100% grass-fed) beef and some other meats.

Don't worry, I know I still have some way to go re sourcing the most healthy food - I'd like to find a source of fresh wild game ideally, and some 100% grassfed organic beef and other good stuff, but I eat the best I can get my hands on so far.

Unfortunately it's not very easy to source good food here in Slovakia - most people are sheep (as almost everywhere), but it's also a small country - so there's not much of a market for top quality food - well, at least not much of a "official"/"centralized"/"popular"/"advertised"/"commonly know" market. For most people here, even organic food is perceived as an expensive "luxury" for people who "don't know how to spend their money"... and wild game is almost like from another universe.

I hate living here - I often think of moving to another country... - but I don't know where to go... ...- I'm getting sad thinking about this, so I leave it here as is... Things will get better - and I'm slowly working on that happening...

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:01:30 am »
rawr- Definitely helpful for those of us paying attention to the process and effects of switching to a raw or mostly raw diet and plus, this is all part of history here. Eventually the world WILL catch on, and you will have been among the pioneers as we left the dark ages of eating! The truth wants to be set free, and raw foods, both animal and plant will enter the mass consciousness eventually, already I'm seeing raw foods in gas stations, granted they are usually seeds and nuts, but that is just the beginning!

Adora, in doesn't look like you've been added to the map, you might want to pm Kurite to see if he can update it, I don't think he spends much time on the forum and even if, probably doesn't check that thread very often.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 10:06:12 am »
I hate living here - I often think of moving to another country... - but I don't know where to go... ...- I'm getting sad thinking about this, so I leave it here as is... Things will get better - and I'm slowly working on that happening...

I feel you on this one rawr, sometimes I just feel trapped here in the US. We have a good standard of living according to most people, but everything is illegal. Can't walk in the park at night, can't buy raw milk, can't smoke weed, can't carry a handgun (without jumping through a million hoops), can't walk with your dog without a leash, can't build a patio on your house without a building permit, can't own cows without a perimeter fence, most of these I do any way, but it is tiresome that things are so backwards!

Your optimism and hope are well placed though! Holding a vision of a better future and working towards that are the best things we can do!

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 08:10:15 am »
The map is in
RAF across the world
I didn't get added as you mentioned. My info is all there when ever they get to it. I would love for the map to be updated and easy to check. I want to have people close to me soooo much. I keep hoping I going to sign in one day and there will be somebody real close.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk