Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3767 times)

Offline PinkPanda

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: March 23, 2012, 02:31:35 am »
Hello everyone,

I started my Paleo Journey a few weeks ago when, despite eating a vegetarian diet high in "good carbs" like quinoa and sweet potatoes, my weight got up to 170 pounds. I was constantly tired yet I had insomnia.

I came across the book, Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas, which was right next to the books on the Paleo Diet at Barnes and Noble. I read it in about four hours and my life was changed.

I dropped 5 pounds my first week.

Glad to be here!

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 03:39:43 am »
hello Pink, welcome.  I've seen two of Nora's lectures.  She seems spot on, and quite bright.  Keep us updated with how your progress or changes develop. 

Offline Kaczmarczykt927

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:14:05 am »
Hi,
Glad to be here too!  Thirteen years ago I was on Atkins and weighed 113 lbs which was only 3 lbs away for my weight on my wedding day.  This was after having two children.  I went off the diet, because my 3 year old son didn't know what a potato was when I began reintroducing tubers at the dinner table.  Well, I've gradually packed it on to 150!  Yikes !  That is only 10 lbs away from where I was being 9 months pregnant with a 9 lb baby!!!!!!!  Ah!  So I started the Dr. Mercola diet 9 days ago and I've lost 4 lbs.  Did I mention that I've been on a low fat diet all summer, was miserable, and didn't lose anything!!!!!!!!!  Thanks Dr. Mercola for bringing me to my senses.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:01:25 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:30:20 pm »

I came across the book, Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas, which was right next to the books on the Paleo Diet at Barnes and Noble.
Welcome. That's a great book! What a Great Read! It's one of the best books out there on the Paleo Diet. Just translate everything cooked  into it's raw form. Your off to a great start, keep it up!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:01:55 am by TylerDurden »

Offline eoterm

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:35 am »
I read the book too had great results, I put my mother on it too she doing amazing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk