Author Topic: RAW EGGS  (Read 2207 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
RAW EGGS
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:32:12 am »
Hi. I am wondering if the whites contain antinutrients that reduce protein absortion by interfering with enzymes that assist in protein absoption. I can't remember the source but I heard this somewhere. Also: glutathione and egg whites? Is this a good reason to consume the whites? Also:  Would it cause digestive upsets to consume say, 2 dozen eggs raw per day?  Would it be unhealthy? I found that cooking the whites(to preserve the protein content) that I got an upset stomach consuming 2 dozen. Is this maybe attributable to sulfur content in the eggs? I would like to avoid beef and meat giving the pesticide content in store bought varieties. Currently I cannot obtain quality meat and given the way the world is headed I am not sure about the reliability of meat as a dietary staple. I would like to have my own chickens and consume mainly eggs. Advice would be greatly appreciated....

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: RAW EGGS
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:02:48 pm »
Even AV recommends that one should only eat raw eggs for energy, and states that they are useless for regaining health per se. I agree, given my own experience. Avidin in raw egg whites is indeed an antinutrient, but this is neutralised if the raw eggs are fertilised.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: RAW EGGS
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:52:48 pm »
Even AV recommends that one should only eat raw eggs for energy, and states that they are useless for regaining health per se. I agree, given my own experience.
That varies for each individual, everyone being different and having a different history. It's difficult or even impossible to know whether a particular food is useful for energy, for regaining health or whatever. I wonder how AV knows that and I don't think that such simplistic generalizations have any value. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk