Author Topic: Omega 6  (Read 1941 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Omega 6
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:44:33 am »
Does the ratio between Omega-3 and Omega-6 ratios matter? If I consume mainly eggs(say 2 dozen per day), would this be a problem in created a skewed ratio between the omega fats(assuming store bought eggs). I have found that no great inflammation occurs but...just to be on the safe side prior to testing this diet....what do people think about thisissue of Omegas.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 6
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 12:15:43 pm »
I consume only fertile chicken egg yolks 4/5 daily. My mom always says that I am getting omega 3 from these yolks. In summer, we buy duck eggs and we consume equal yolks as chicken. Duck's egg yolk has omega 6. We don't consume egg white. Omega -3 and 6 are good primary fats for me.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 6
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:31:39 pm »
Hi Personman
for what its worth, in my opinion, consuming the same food (eggs in large numbers) day after day, would not be ideal, unless one has great cravings and attraction to them. (or perhaps out of necessity because one simply has access to no other food, and even then I am sure one could forage up some other foods)
Otherwise, it may be more of a case of trying to 'create' a dietary plan, which does not equate to physiological needs and instincts, but rather to a desired for philosophy.
Kind wishes, J

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:51:07 pm by Wattlebird »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk