Author Topic: egg diet  (Read 9582 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
egg diet
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:34:20 am »
Hey everyone. Researching the pesticide content of meat I have decided to focus on eggs as the staple of my diet: any criticism to the following? Any nutrients lacking in eggs that would necessitate another dietary addition(such as liver)? Keep in mind I am stranded and have little access to quality food: it's either grain-fed beef or eggs plus grain-fed liver....? what should I do?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:40:06 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: egg diet
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:34 am »
are you opposed to having mail ordered meat sent to you.  North Star Bison is a wonderful company to deal with , all fresh, all grass fed.  Store bought eggs come from chickens which eat two foods, soy, and corn. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:20 am »
lots of raw eggs as staple in diet is temporary for sick people:

- liver problems such as cirrhosis

- large intestine problems such as diverticulitis

And only get the best eggs.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:59:02 am »
DR.: are these diseases healed or caused by eggs??? I'm reading your comment as healed but i might be wrong?

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:02:13 am »
Do eggs lack any nutrients? They are always touted as a "whole food". Would I be suffering a deficiency at some point?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 08:59:02 am »
It all depends on what stage in your life you are.

Are you trying to heal from something that you feel you have to go on an egg only diet?

Are you craving for eggs?

What kind of eggs you have? chicken, duck, goose... fertilized?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 05:41:19 pm »
If you can get "pastured" eggs fine, otherwise avoid as eggs from grainfed birds are a waste of time, being just as bad as grainfed meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »
I can obtain some but not all pastured/farm eggs. I think I will follow the LEANGAINS approach....much more efficient and a relief on the digestion

Offline Justin

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 11:29:03 pm »
are you opposed to having mail ordered meat sent to you.  North Star Bison is a wonderful company to deal with , all fresh, all grass fed.  Store bought eggs come from chickens which eat two foods, soy, and corn. 

Hi Van,

What do you order from North Star? I may give them a try since they do have fresh organs and glands.
"You can train long or you can train hard, but you can't do both." -Arthur Jones.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 03:28:12 am »
I like their sirloin roasts, pancreas sometimes, thymus, liver, and heart.  She also sells elk and other grass fed animals..  Check out their website, and ask to speak to the owner Mary when calling.  Most often she answers the phone herself.  Very nice woman.  They sell marrow bones, but on the expensive side though.   

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 03:40:15 am »
north star has been so kind to me!  they will sell more organs than they list on their website in case you don't see all you want.  you just have to ask.

Offline Justin

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 09:00:55 am »
Thanks guys, I placed an order with Mary, she is very nice and helpful. I went in for fresh flank, sirloin, ground bison, liver, heart, marrow, adrenals, kabobs. About 12lbs to give them a shot, I'm looking forward to trying their grass fed bison. It's too bad they don't have bison brains as they use Full metal jackets before slaughter.
"You can train long or you can train hard, but you can't do both." -Arthur Jones.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 01:21:38 pm »
Do eggs lack any nutrients? They are always touted as a "whole food". Would I be suffering a deficiency at some point?

I have always heard that eggs are a complete protein (in that they contain all the essential amino acids), but I'm not sure what you have heard about them being a whole food. What is implied by that terminology?

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 05:21:14 pm »
A "whole food" is a food that contains all the essential nutrients the body needs in order to sustain itself in the long-term. Some nutrients aren't essential and can be  created by the human body, sometimes with difficulty.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 03:38:32 am »
So guys: are they a "whole food"? I have no knowledge of what nutrients they DON'T have...

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 03:51:51 am »
is it unfrozen? is the shipping really expensive for non frozen?
-----------

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 11:59:10 am »
is it unfrozen? is the shipping really expensive for non frozen?

You can order most things fresh, yes. I've noticed all of their lamb products are frozen, at least at this time of year.

It's mandatory overnight delivery via FedEx. $20.95 + another $5 surcharge if you order under 15 lbs. However, it always arrives on time, and I've never had anything arrive that wasn't in perfect condition and delicious. They're a very good company.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 05:15:03 am »

What is sure is that if you eat eggs only, or almost only eggs , you'll get fed up with it  >: :( -\  sooner or later - most probably sooner!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:51:02 pm by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 09:35:12 am »
That's a different definition for whole foods than I am used to seeing here. For example, from wikipedia, "Whole foods are foods that are unprocessed and unrefined, or processed and refined as little as possible before being consumed."

So, if you're asking about "a food that contains all the essential nutrients the body needs in order to sustain itself in the long-term," why not give us a few links to the folks who are doing all this touting. I've never seen or heard this claim before.

Like Iguana, I'd get fed up if I ate only eggs.

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk