Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 3097 times)

Offline OldeSword

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: November 02, 2008, 08:00:29 am »
Just a bit about me...

I'm a 22 year-old male US Marine stationed in Hawaii, which is an extremely isolated and lacking state . There is one CSA and one co-op on my island and I plan on joining both. In fact, that is the greatest challenge I have with a raw diet: I'm not sure how I am going to get the food in the quality and quantity that I need without destroying my budget.

Anyways, I recently moved out of the barracks and acquired a couple of kittens. After doing a bit of research I decided to put them on a raw whole prey diet which they are absolutely loving and I, jokingly at first, told my friends that my kittens were eating better than I was. That comment, the reasoning behind why I was feeding them raw and a couple of avid cross fitters and paleo eaters at work all came together to make me do more research. Then I found AV's Primal Diet and reading that plus follow-on research led me here.

I'm going to raw to finally get the nutrients my underdeveloped body needs, finally reap the benefits of my exercise programs and address some chronic health problems. I'm hoping to undo the damage being in the military has done (surgery, vaccination cocktails, heavy medication, wear and tear) though the military has shocked me out of my rut on multiple occasions which is why I am here. I can't really complain. Still, I plan on getting out of the military and going into massage therapy having experienced first-hand the healing power of massage.

I just know that you need the proper diet too.

Anyways, it's a pleasure to be here and find more people with my particular kind of crazy.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:12:44 am by OldeSword »

xylothrill

Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:38:22 am »
Welcome OldeSword!

You'll fit in well here. Please read these first, if you haven't already: http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Raw Paleo may seam expensive but when you look at the nutrient and calorie density of it, you'd be surprised how much less it actually costs.

You're definitely on the right track!

Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:32:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:22:13 am »
Hello, and welcome!   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk