Author Topic: Stomach Healing/Liver flushing  (Read 11122 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Stomach Healing/Liver flushing
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:05:35 am »
Hey guys,

Been having health issues that are slowly correcting for a long time.  probably my biggest 3 issues are liver toxicity, weak adrenal function, and bad digestion.  It is spring where i live and i am being drawn to raw foods more.  I juice vegetables, eat fruit, raw egg yolk, raw nuts, very rare salmon/beef, and lots of cooked vegetables and poultry.  I think my main problem is liver/digestion.  Everyone talks about eating raw foods and what not but my stomach/digestive system can't handle mass quantities of this stuff.  It just blocks me up.  Any ideas to fix some of these issues?  By the way, i started doing the egg yolk liver flushing and this seems to help me get a little more bile flowing but i'm not sure if it is powerful enough to really CLEAR me out.  I plan on doing a few of these weekly to see if results accumulate.  Otherwise, in a few weeks i plan on doing the classic "epsom/oil/lemon" flush.  Any thoughts?

-Joe

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Stomach Healing/Liver flushing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:06:21 am »
Why not just eat lesser quantities of the raw food?

Personally when I switched to eating raw, my appetite went way down. My nutritional needs plummeted with it.

All I got was good effects. I have less issues with food, skin blemishes cleared or are well on the way to clearing up, my liver naturally detoxified.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 05:27:17 am »
Raw-al is right. One really doesn't need to eat tons of raw foods as they are so rich in nutrients.

My advice:- ditch the raw nuts (due to the antinutrients), same goes for the juiced veg; avoid poultry whether raw or cooked unless you are sure it's pastured.

Oh, and a proper water-fast(no more than 10 days in length) is way better than any juice-fast.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:34:00 am »
Another thing is that even rare meats don't do as well as the real deal, raw meats.
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 06:45:28 am »

Oh, and a proper water-fast(no more than 10 days in length) is way better than any juice-fast.

Yes, but some people are so toxic that they shouldn't do a water fast until they've done a few juice fasts, or until they've eaten raw or almost all raw for several months. 

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 06:55:46 am »
Thanks guys,

I soak the nuts. they don't seem to be a big problem for me.  It's the fibrousness of the veggies that messes with me but i'll try to add them in slowly.  My body is just easily overstimulated right now so doing anything too fast isn't helpful.  As for the meats, i am trying to get more and more rare especially with red meat/salmon.  I love the feeling of rare salmon in the stomach.  No bloating, fullness, etc.  I think after awhile my body will wake up and say Oh yea, thats the right way.  Anyone else have very congested liver issues?  Anybody done the egg yolk flushing and got good results?

-Joe

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:31:10 am »
I'm struggling with that to a degree right now myself. Three things that I'm finding to be liver supportive without harsh effects are tender fresh dandelion greens picked before flowering of the plant, burdock tea, and no more than a tbs of grated fresh daikon radish at a time. Make sure your dandelion greens come from areas that aren't sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. I'm fortunate that my yard is full of them. I never spray with anything and live well off of a main road, so no deposits from automobiles, either. Start slow with the dandelion. A little goes a long way. The daikon helps if you have any fluid retention issues along with your sluggish liver, but eat it within 15 minutes of grating it. It oxidizes quickly.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 09:40:08 am »
oh man i eat the !!!! out of dandelion, i picked a nice fat one today, the roots are very medicinal too.  for me it seems that fresh greens are something i can eat a ton of, and especially crave, i picked a lot of fresh wild mustard greens today and just a little fresh mallow, when there is more abundance of these i eat as many as i can and it really seems to improve my health and over all mood.  i tend to eat a lot less of anything else and really chow on greens and fresh meats, i think anything green, wild or fresh culinary herbs can be super cleansing to the liver.  i ate the buds of the dandelion too, the flowers are delicious when fully in bloom as well.  but you have to have a taste for these things, i crave bitter all of the time, and dandelion is the taste, also some things you might want to cook, i warmed the wild mustard...but definitely try these and see if you have a taste for them

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 10:00:41 am »
also you might want to try cooking the veggies you want to eat, starchier veggies need cooking, roots need cooking, brocollis and cabbage families neeeed cooking, greens generally dont but can be cooked, but some people dont necessarily need so much of these in their diet, maybe you just need to up your calories on salmon and meats and fats that are easy to digest and see if you dont feel better.  i know with a sluggish liver you may be afraid to up the fats but if you stick to animal fats you will be fine.  processed nut and seed oils will obliterate the liver, maybe even try eating a ton of raw, liver, when i first started doing that i could feel its effect on my liver, it would make me giggle....not so much now but it is still something i eat

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 10:36:50 am »
Yes, but some people are so toxic that they shouldn't do a water fast until they've done a few juice fasts, or until they've eaten raw or almost all raw for several months. 
  Well, I had a very toxic body, and juice-fasts I did during my Fruitarian phase were a complete waste of time. Only water-fasts worked a little bit at the time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »
oh man i eat the !!!! out of dandelion, i picked a nice fat one today, the roots are very medicinal too.  for me it seems that fresh greens are something i can eat a ton of, and especially crave, i picked a lot of fresh wild mustard greens today and just a little fresh mallow, when there is more abundance of these i eat as many as i can and it really seems to improve my health and over all mood.  i tend to eat a lot less of anything else and really chow on greens and fresh meats, i think anything green, wild or fresh culinary herbs can be super cleansing to the liver.  i ate the buds of the dandelion too, the flowers are delicious when fully in bloom as well.  but you have to have a taste for these things, i crave bitter all of the time, and dandelion is the taste, also some things you might want to cook, i warmed the wild mustard...but definitely try these and see if you have a taste for them

Yes! They are so good. I like bitter flavors, too. I also really like arugula, purslane, and curly dock. Dandelion flowers are really delicious. I've just read that the nutrients and phytochemicals that are most supportive of liver function are concentrated in the leaves before the flowering. I'll eat the flowers, too. I've made tea with the root in the autumn. Never just tried eating it straight up. When I was a kid my Grandmother made a lot of poke greens. I never learned from her the safe way to make them, but I remember loving them way better than turnip, mustard, or any of the more "domestic" greens grown in the south.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 12:08:16 am »
Jessica, thats funny.  When i first came off of gluten and pastuerized dairy a year ago and switched to basically a cooked paleo diet my body was so desperate for fats that i was globbing up everything that had fat in it, good or bad.  This includes roasted nut butters.  :)  Anyway, my body has a lot more nutrition and energy on board now so doing these big cleanses is not quite as overwhelming as it used to be.  No more roasted nut butters.  swapped out for small amounts of raw dehydrated nuts.  rare salmon/beef.  I think i'm on my way its just going to take some time to clear out everything and then heal/seal the stomach lining.  One thing i have noticed that really helps me is to take a 1 WEEK break and do the GAPS-introduction diet.  This is basically chicken stock, very mushy vegetables, and very slow-cooked meats.  No fruit, raw veggies, nuts, spices, etc.  It does wonders to give the digestive tract a chance to heal up and not have roughage for a week.  I'm gearing up to do the "hulda clark" style liver flush this weekend.  Hopefully all goes well

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 03:13:00 am »
  i did the same thing too.....tons of pumpkin seed butter, tahini and olive oil, totally obilterated my gall bladder:(! wish i would have been downing yolks and fatty meats
cabbage juice is very healing to the digestive tract, also if you can get your hands on some good quality raw liquid whey(see if there is a local raw cheese maker around you, they may have extra)

dandelion is delicious, i am eating some roasted roots mixed with herbs and yolks and a little turkey right now

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 05:49:02 am »
That sounds pretty tasty actually =)  It sounds like we have/had similar issues.  It just keeps evolving.  but Roasted cashew butter is SOO good haha.  It's too bad there isn't more help for people going through this stuff from mainstream sources.  It could help people avoid lots of pain and trouble.  Then again, everything is going in that direction.  The people are taking the power back into their own hands because the system is FAILING.  I would be interested to hear what else your doing to get yourself straightened out =)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 11:27:19 am »
hey would you be willing to journal about your fast and the effects here?  that would be really helpful!  i am really sllooowly recovering from lots of years of abuse to my system and my poor liver.  it took a huge hit the last time i drank which was maybe 3 or 4 months ago.  before that i had only drank a few times a year, but each time binge drinking and the last time i blacked out after two bottles of wine and apparently kept drinking...super bad and emotionally fueled idea that really compromised my heath...it will definitely be another 3-4 months before i am feeling decent again.....really but i know  eating milk thistle seed, dandelion root and leaves, lots of greens and herbs and lately getting into the sour tastes, sticking to animal fats and being just kind of intuitive is what has helped the most

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:42 am »
Hey guys: egg whites cause leaky gut and autoimmune disease? Is this true. should egg whites be omitted from the diet?

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 02:19:02 pm »
I don't think  there is anything wrong with raw egg whites.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 11:15:08 pm »
cooked...egg whites?

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 02:24:38 am »
I personally think that eggs are mainly a problem when they come from supermarket and are "grain fed, hormones, etc."  As long as i don't eat them every day i seem fine with it

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 10:25:10 am »
absolutely. the difference is that between real and fake food. However my current food choices are very limited. Would any of you know about entomophagy(a.k.a eating insects) and whether mites/parasites would be a problem in those you raise yourself? I would like this to be a dietary staple.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 02:01:26 am »
I know nothing about that, but i am not against it in any way.  If i remember correctly, most cultures traditionally ate insects as a good source of food.  I'm sure you have to be careful nowadays if you live in industrialized areas.   Bad food, chemicals the bugs might eat who knows.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 06:36:57 am »
I intend to cultivate them from scratch. It appears very easy! check 'er out.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk