Author Topic: Food combining when Raw  (Read 5667 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Food combining when Raw
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:14:31 pm »
Hey guys,

I understand basic food combining rules.  No cooked starches with cooked proteins.  No fruit for at least 2 hours after meals, etc.  Question is when eating raw i feel like these rules don't necessarily apply.  Like when i eat 3 or 4 raw eggs i should be able to eat some fruit an hour or so after that right?

-Joe

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Food combining when Raw
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:31:41 am »
Correct. At least I think fruit gets digested very quickly, so that waiting for 30 minutes  before eating animal foods is fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 03:49:12 am »
Here is a good link for Ayurveda's viewpoint....

http://ayurveda.com/pdf/food_combining.pdf

However I have found since going raw primal that a lot of these rules go out the window. However, it is a good idea to follow them somewhat.

If you get upset stomach from any combo that's the best info.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:27:33 am by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline Peklaket

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:48 am »
Here's something exceedingly helpful: http://www.drbass.com/sequential.html

This is really an advanced form of food combining: by eating your foods separately in a meal (preferably waiting 3-5 min between foods for assured separation in the stomach), you have optimum digestion at all times. Eat foods according to the digestion times at the bottom of the page. There's a note there that digestion times for raw meats are much faster than cooked, so I'm not sure how that translates, but you can use it as a general guideline: eat chicken before beef, eggs before chicken, etc.

I eat one meal of around 2800 calories a day because of these principles. It consists of 1.5 LB of blended salad, 6 raw egg yolks, and 2.5 LB of raw chicken thighs, one after the other, in perfect digestion. I usually drink one glass of water before I eat everything, because I tend to get thirsty after the meal if I don't. It's advised to not drink water during or after meals if possible, because it impedes digestion.

I highly recommend other links from drbass.com as well; it's completely correct material in regards to proper health guidelines.

But contrary to what people say about food combining, sequential eating says that you can in fact have eggs directly after fruits (5 min after, with the residue in mouth completely gone, just to be safe) and not have any digestive difficulty because the stomach separates the foods into layers. I don't really know how this work considering milk, though, as it isn't mentioned anywhere in the chart on this site. But yes, I must repeat, you can have any foods together in the meal, as long as you eat them in the proper sequential order; you will certainly have no digestive difficulty, if done this way.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:50:32 am by Alchemek »

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:44:52 am »
I find food combining odd, after lots of experimenting in every way what worked for me was starting with lean protein, like the Greco-Roman Warrior i eat protein first. Then i wait about 20min, after this i just eat fruits, honey all sorts of fats ad drink water and my digestion works perfect. If i do start with fruits it ruins my appetite.

I think raw really helps digestion and food combining get less of an issue when raw but when one starts out i think you have to experiment with different combinations. It probably depends on what type of digestion issue you have how you should combine your foods, for me eating protein first is probably good since i migh have problems with bile producion and HCL levels, it takes 20min for the gallbladder to eamty and HCL levels to reach optimal levels and this is triggered by protein consumption. Starting with fruits and other stuff does probably interupts this for me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:49:14 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline ochena_bikel

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 04:12:27 pm »
Yes. Right. You can have some fruits after an hour you ate some raw eggs. In my point of view, rules always don't work great. Sometimes, you need to get out of the rules and do your own things which fits you the best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk