Author Topic: small portions  (Read 3355 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
small portions
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:39:23 am »
I have heard goodsamaritan discuss how his friend sifu sam eats small amounts of food yet does very well on it and I think heard even better than on large amounts of food. This is contrary to what aajonus says about needing to eat lots of food. What are peoples thoughts on small vs large portions of food?

I am going to be in a tighter money situation very soon and it would help if I ate less but I dont want to sacrifice health. I would like to know the benefits and cons before I reduce my intake.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: small portions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:25:32 am »
Just read up on Intermittent Fasting and caloric restriction studies.  Smaller portions do work better, as when the body is constantly digesting it has to divert resources away from healing, thus slowing down health-recovery.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:22:59 am »
If you're going to eat less, then you should exercise less and sleep more, to compensate.  Otherwise you could run down your adrenals, and/or lose weight.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »
Thats what I was afraid of. I'm going to be exercising more soon. I'm wondering though if that's true. Will you really not be able to work as hard when eating less by 25 or 50 percent?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:52:07 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 12:44:51 am »
This is very much depended on yr digestive efficiency. I personally know the man in his 50+ who trains non-stop for last 11 yrs (1,5 hr in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening) eating very small amount of food, fasting regularly (week+ WF every 3 mnths, 36 hrs weekly, plus 3 days a week IF) The food is some fruits, veggy meat, fish eggs (slightly cooked). Theoretically it is impossible to maintain strength and body weight on such regime but the life is full of surprises and he is one of them.
His “miracle” has not happened overnight it is the result of damn-hard efforts and fantastic discipline. He just sticks with routine without any compromise. Thus he has transformed his fat completely ill body of invalid into one of the best and efficient human machine.
I doubt that one could dramatically reduce amount of food and still to be in the same condition but the body of any one could be “trained” to live and function much more efficient.
Good luck.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:10:10 am »
I have wondered this also and have gone from 6 meals years ago (3.5 lbs. of meat per day) to 3 meals: 1 doz. eggs, 10 oz. meat and some fat. I feel better, can sleep less, and am stronger and more energized. Digestive efficiency is key--avoid carbs and bulk obviously; self-experimentation is imperative. I would love to subsist on magic pills but...have yet to take the risk of experimenting. Leangains is working though....I will soon establish my mealworm farm which has twice the protein per gram than muscle meat and much more micronutrients.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 11:39:24 am »
troll, just make small changes and see where they take you day to day. if not the direction you like, then change accordingly.  if you are happy with where you're going, then keep up what you're doing until you find otherwise.  there is a happy medium somewhere, enjoy your journey.   negative results don't happen overnight, they happen over time of not listening to your body... but you're smarter than that :) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk