Author Topic: DaBoss88's Journal  (Read 4616 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
DaBoss88's Journal
« on: April 12, 2012, 04:44:23 am »
Well good day to everyone.

I was diagnosed schizophrenic at 18. Didn't continue on meds, roughly went a year before getting sick again.

This time I stayed on meds, gained massive amounts of weight. I went from 175 to 260, all fat lol.

I was in a drugged state of mind till I finally got a job and started heavily dosing with supplements.

Mainly b complex, vitamin c, and other antioxidants. I red about niacin being beneficial and started taking massive doses. Believe it or not I felt better shortly after.

I red about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet being beneficial for illness, so I gave that a shot. Dropped from 260 to 180 in about 8 months. SUHweet.

My health had also rapidly changed. I even had phychiatrists telling me I needed to get off meds.

Then I went fully raw paleo, cold turkey from regular foods. And relapsed, went back into the hospital. LamE!

So I got out, started eating regular foods with raw paleo (my version). Actually started feeling a lot better. I'm pretty sure I weined off cooked foods to fast and that caused the problems.

I felt zoned out really bad, but kind of like I was getting healthier. It was just massive detox from stopping the meds (like a doctor suggested) and stopping cooked foods all at once.

So now I'm eating like 3 3oz. meals a day of mainly pastured beefy, fatty and non fatty. Occaisionally a little bit of calf liver, like 1 oz. here and there. Along with a good amount of fruits, very little veggies.

I started playing basketball again. It's one of my old time favorites from middle school that I substituted in high school for pot lol.

I think the combination of raw paleo, with lot's of strenuous exercise is doing me good.

This time I'll slowly taper cooked foods, when I notice I'm feeling weird I'll make sure to eat something cooked.

My doctor's also willing to work with me on lowering meds, depending on how well I do once I get to the low doses he'll probably suggest I get off them :)

Any way, I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

I love exercise, especially intense. Sexy time is good ;) lol

Eating raw paleo is also awesome. Although untill I'm fully raw paleo, no cooked foods at all (no dairy, nuts, beans, grains, cooked foods, processed foods, supplements, etc.) I'll just stick to pastured meats and organs.

I'll get into salmon and tuna when I'm detoxing my best, likely when I'm off meds too. I didn't notice a difference from the salmon, although with fatty beef I notice an immediate difference.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:43:24 pm by goodsamaritan »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: DaBoss88's Journal
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:09:51 am »
I recently started ordering from a farm.

I now get my hands on raw beef fat, and beef brains.

It's a great addition to my healing.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 07:13:20 am »
Figuring out my good food sources has been the most challenging part of RPD for me. Over time, more sources appear and a few fade away.

The crazy thing about schizophrenia (no pun intended) is that it comes and goes at times without obvious explanation, so it can be hard to pinpoint what's working and what's not.

Keep up the good work.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 08:14:41 am »
Figuring out my good food sources has been the most challenging part of RPD for me. Over time, more sources appear and a few fade away.

The crazy thing about schizophrenia (no pun intended) is that it comes and goes at times without obvious explanation, so it can be hard to pinpoint what's working and what's not.

Keep up the good work.

You're right to a degree.

I notice on a SAD I'm comfused, tired, and not myself.

On strict raw paleo I do really well. No confusion, being tired or acting strangely.

But there are occaisional episodes when I'd go months to years problem free.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:26:24 am »
Update: After having stopped the supplements. I decided to readd the niacin and b complex. I also added vitamin d and biotin.

I'm still doing pretty good. I'm not 100% raw paleo. But I still eat 2-3 high fat raw meals.

Its typically 1.5 oz raw beef fat, 3 oz of various muscle meats or organs, and a fruit 30 minutes before the meal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk