Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:00:21 am »
Hey,

So being new to the board and going Raw..  I have a few questions when it comes to the diet. (If you have a sticky or wiki on it please link me!)

Ok, so I've kept my raw food consumption to mostly beef and eggs and fish that said...

I haven't tried lamb yet and I'm wondering about the safety of ...

Pork and Chicken, does anyone eat these raw? Is there a special preparation for these two that have a nasty reputation as the most dangerous raw meats?

Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 01:25:20 am »
Pork and chicken are only bad in that they are almost always fed on 100% grain/soy-filled diets, as animals on very unhealthy diets have a much-lowered immune-system etc.. Pastured pork and chicken are fine. Even better would be wild meat like raw wild mallard duck and raw wild boar.

All the scares re pork/chicken are bogus as regards pastured/wild versions thereof, and even as regards grainfed to some extent. For example, trichinosis is almost unheard of in the West as farmers routinely give their animals medicines all the time against that sort of thing.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:35 am »
Thanks for the response.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:37:58 am »
Yes saris, I jump on any opportunity to get pastured pig organs, including heart, liver and brain, or anything else they'll give me!

It's all about how the animal is raised. If you took these same animals that I buy pastured, and instead raised them in a cage, not big enough to move around, pumped them full of antibiotics and hormones and fed them only corn, soy and minerals, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole! Same for poultry, zebras, giraffe or hippopotamus!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:42:22 am »
just know and trust who raises your meat.  i wouldnt eat pig liver from a farmer who wouldnt eat his own because i have had the ones i have raised have worms in the liver, also i dont think  i would ever eat pig raw to be honest, but i eat natural and organic chicken from the grocery store, so...?  just trust your own judgement and instinct. 

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:52:28 am »
i haven't had a good source to try pork, but i do eat chicken. the chicken i see at whole foods is not appetizing to me at all!, i thought i'd never eat chicken, but what i get from the farm is completely different and i like it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk