Author Topic: round 2: second try going full raw paleo  (Read 4733 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
round 2: second try going full raw paleo
« on: April 15, 2012, 02:42:37 am »
Hey everyone. I'm looking for advice from the bosses and lady generals lol

I was doing verl well on a paleo/SCD mix.

I was eating all raw fruits, veggies and nuts and doing really well. With cooked meats.

I went fully raw paleo and didn't exercise. I also cold turkeyed geodon and got put in the hospital again.

This time I plan to SCD cooked meats, with some raw meats. Then slowly taper the cooked meat till I'm fully off the cooked meat, then eventually taper the nuts too.

I plan to exercise a lot, and per cravings eat a little cooked meat here and there.

My problem is budgeting good raw meats. On one website for $35 annually I saw beef for $4.50 /lb, very nice!

But I'm sure there's better deals. I've red from people in other states they get great deals.

I live in local Miami, and can travel a little. I need the best deals possible.

Also any advice peer slowly cutting back on cooked meats is good too.

Thanks in advance
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: round 2: second try going full raw paleo
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 02:55:09 am »
It hasn't been a smooth road for me either. I'm glad to see your spirit is strong. I don't understand cold turkey geodone or how you ended up in the hospital. Please explain
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 03:30:11 am »
I'm in the same boat somewhat.  In the process of decongesting the liver/GB so i can tolerate good fats better.  My body also does not seem to like the "cold turkey" route.  What helps me is slowly transitioning.  For the meats that you do cook, cook VERY LOW/SLOW.  chicken/turkey are the only meats i cook all the way through.  Eggs are pretty easy raw to get used to.  so is rare salmon/beef.  Supplement with good raw fats. coconut, olive, avocados, etc.  Maybe find a local grassfed butcher/farmer who has good quality organ meats and fats.  Honestly i think for me, its the raw fat that i have needed to start fixing my liver.  High heated anything (Fatty fried meats, roasted nuts/butters, cooked oils) will bog you down big time.  Juicing also helped me a bit.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:20:16 am »
Around the same time I started raw paleo a doctor suggested I stop taking geodon.

Being I just started raw paleo 2 weeks previously, it was overwhelming. It put me in a state where I couldn't really talk.

They hospitalized me on the baker act. Later I went back on raw paleo mixed with regular foods.

This time around I plan to heavy duty avacados, fatty beef, and make it a daily thing that I eat half an oz of calf liver.

My problems isn't getting used to eating raw. My problem is all the symptoms I get from cold turkeying cooked foods.

I was previously all.SCD carbs minus beans, and cooked foods. While eating cooked meat.

This time I plan to slowly cut back on cooked meats. Chicken and turkey are actually two of my favs since they're low fat. I don't like high fat cooked foods for obvious reasons (rancid fatty acids).

I can't wait till I get back to work. Unfortunately that hospitalization landed me unemployed.

I may have a job soon though :)
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:31:55 am »
I definitely know what you mean.  I was so sick a while back i think a 2 day water fast would have killed me.  As much as it isn't fun, sometimes the body isn't strong enough to adjust that quickly.  This was the case for me.  Even still, if i move into stuff too fast it gets too uncomfortable and i can't keep up with my daily tasks.  I think you just follow your body and keep evolving as it works for you.  Hope the job opportunity works out.

-Joe

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:49 am »
Thanks a lot.

Yeah it was deffinitely the quick diet change.

Right now I'm eating a lot of cooked foods while eating some raw foods on occaision. Typically like 3 3 oz meals per day, with some fruit and raw honey.

Being unemployed I just don't have income to keep up with the diet.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 08:05:21 am »
just make sure you are getting enough fat or you will want those nuts...add some egg yolks, which are hopefully you can find good quality and inexpensive, to your meat or butter if you have it, also i think it helps to make sure you are keeping your carbs up a bit, even though you can get really lean with low carb, it dont think it is sustainable for those with depression or more severe mental health issues

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 08:37:43 am »
I actually avoid eggs and dairy like the plague when I'm on raw paleo or scd.

Dairy, like butter, is just no good for me. I've red studies showing casein and gluten problems with schizo's.

I deffinitely keep up on carbs and fats. I eat tons of fatty beef and lot's of fruits. I can do nuts, I'm just trying to avoid it since the original scd (banana diet) didn't include them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk