Author Topic: Raw Carbs for Candida  (Read 7344 times)

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
Raw Carbs for Candida
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:38:49 pm »
Does anyone have any recommendation for raw carb foods for people with candida?

Are seeds/nuts appropriate?

thanks.
zym.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Carbs for Candida
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:19:39 pm »
Coconut
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 03:44:05 am »
Candida will feed off of anything with lots of sugar so for awhile you might want to stay away from the high sugar fruits until you're healed up some. Other than that - eat anything and everything raw and whole that makes you feel good. If you eat cooked foods - stay away from anything with any processed sugars like the plague.

Even though general instructions say not to eat fermented foods for candida I think it should be the opposite - because raw fermented foods will provide the good bacteria to fight the candida and replace it with the good stuff as the candida dies when you improve your diet.

Garlic is one of the best plant allies in fighting candida.

But are you sure you have candida? Really bad case? Is it in your blood stream? Do you feel drunk, walk into walls, brain fog etc.?

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:14:45 am »
The root cause of Candida has nothing to do with anything ingested in the diet. Garlic will actually inflame your GI tract.

Vitamin D stimulates peptides in the intestine to balance candida/harmful bacterial growth.

You can either take a capsule or someone can suggest a raw paleo source.

I take the Vitamin D3 capsules below, no side effects, extracted from lichen. One note of caution, Vitamin D3 from lanolin(sheep's wool) is extracted with hexane(a carcinogen).

Europe: http://www.vitashine-d3.com/
USA: http://www.ghthealth.com/vitamind3.aspx

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 07:11:25 am »
Garlic is not something you eat forever - just as part of the healing.

You state something quite interesting cobalamin and I would like to hear more about it.

How do you know that Candida proliferation is only a symptom of D3 deficiency and only necessitates supplementation with D3. Did you have candida and did you heal it with only D3 - do you have any research to back this up?

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 05:08:41 pm »
You don't need Garlic. Candida is a normal part of the GI tract flora; you don't want to eliminate it, just keep it at bay naturally.

I had Candida proliferation on the tongue. I went to the tanning salon and a couple days after my second session, 80% of my tongue got clear. The only thing those bulbs were emitting was UVA & UVB rays, UVA rays for lymphatic system stimulation and UVB rays for Vitamin D production. However, I stopped going after the 3rd session because it was wrecking my skin, the bulbs were not emitting color light which is needed to stimulate melanin and sweat to protect the skin.

You don't have to supplement per se. I did with those supplements before the spring came, had no side effects and they also eliminated the Acne issue I was having, now my skin is modelish. :) I would highly recommend getting sunshine though, not sunbathing, exercise and sweat. Sweat with sunshine tans the skin and from my experience, increases Vitamin D production on the skin.

Some interesting articles:
http://www.hardydiagnostics.com/articles/Antimicrobial-Peptides.pdf
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/news-archive/2006/is-vitamin-d-an-antibiotic/ (Read with caution, EGO trip of an article)
http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1551525
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:17:48 pm by cobalamin »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 10:58:35 pm »
My computer isn't opening links atm grrrr - but your experience sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing it. When I had long-term systemic candida (started when I was a child) being out in the sun didn't help - but vit D is so involved with so many functions that I can see how it would have an affect.

The sun certainly can't hurt that's for sure! Not having sun is like missing some vital nutrient. I'm not sure that it's the only thing that can be done though to facilitate healing. Diet for instance is an important factor. As long as lots of processed sugars are being eaten for instance - I'm not sure that just sunshine would take care of the problem. For me, still, after decades of being just fine in the candida department I can't eat lots of fruit without throwing myself off again. 

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 06:48:27 am »
I have a white coating on my tongue, and do not get that much sun, so would be keen to try vit D to see if this helps.

Wikipedia says vit D2 is found in alfalfa and mushrooms, while D3 is in fish, egg yolk, and liver.

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 01:49:08 am »
@Dorothy.

I'm talking about natural foods. Processed junk is poison.

@miker.

I would try the Sun and activity. Not only for Vitamin D but my hypothesis from experimenting these past few weeks is that activity and/or UVA rays stimulate the lymphatic system. Hence sweaty armpits is a sign of the lymphatic system over-working, the lymph nodes in the armpits.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 09:30:28 am »
cob - not sure what you are referring to. But that's ok. No matter.

Were you sure that the white coating was candida? I didn't think that white coating that people get was candida. I can understand why sun would help get rid of it though and exercise - cleansing and balancing.

Interesting thoughts.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:40:17 am »
Hi zym, I tried all this 'fight candida' stuff and like the war on drugs and the war of terror it doesn't seem to work. What has worked best for me has been to eat RAVF including small amounts of fresh fruit.  As long as I stick to fresh ripe fruit, while eating a variety of raw meat, fish, offal, greens, carrots, sprouts, soaked almonds, celery, broccoli, soaked coconut thread, and smoothies of these then my 'candida' like symptoms go away, so like ground hog day I am daily refining RP food choices.

Cheers cobalamin for the interesting idea to add sun and exercise into the schedule , sounds very sensible ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk