Author Topic: Progress so far  (Read 12013 times)

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Progress so far
« on: September 16, 2013, 04:21:05 am »
I'm currently about month 7 into training. I feel my goals will be met in another year from now more or less, but I'm enjoying the progress I've already made.

First pic is from March, and the last two are from mid September.

I've done a lot of research and am trying to do things as smart as possible (as a result, I'm constantly losing fat while gaining muscle too!) I weigh 140 right now, at 5',3". I don't want to weigh much more than this, but I have a lot more fat to shed as well still. I work out once a week weight lifting and usually once for an uphill sprint session.

I think my chest may need the most work at the moment. I definitely still have far to go.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Progress so far
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:10:51 am »
Definitely looking better Barefoot.  Much larger, more balanced musculature  and have definitely leaned out.  I would suggest not loosing anymore fat though, if you can afford it.  You are already rather lean, so weighing more than 140, which is really pretty light, would probably happen if you were to actually gain muscle and keep what little bit of fat you have.  Just sayin :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 01:39:35 pm »
You look great....! I am with Jessica, please do not lose more fat. I think you look just perfect. I like the tan too  :)
Did you know the sun helps grow muscles too? It can boost your testosteron  :)

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 01:38:00 am »
Most of the fat I'm referring to is the last bits genetically sticking to my thighs as a last resort. I estimate with that, and the other fats around my body I could lose a good 10 pounds still, and gain 15 in muscle so I'd be sitting around 145 but pretty jacked, and not overly so.

We'll see how it turns out. Right now I'm just letting my body do its thing without being too much of a manipulator, and so far its doing a good job.

Inger, as Summer came around and I started to receive much more sun, it did feel like my muscles were responding better as well. The tanner I got, the better my definition too.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 02:21:58 am »
Are you really 140 lb at 5' 3"? I'm 5' 7" and weigh (slightly) less than that.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 05:51:26 am »
Yeah, I've always had a stocky type build. When I first started I was around 135 with more fat and less density, but now I'm for the last many months constantly at 140. I can just see that I'm gaining more muscle and losing fat as time goes by.

The science of body composition is really interesting. I think I'm building a really dense physique compared to most.

Its going to be amazing to see where I can get a year from now.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 09:24:46 am »
The reason I asked is because I'm not exactly scrawny either. I mean I'm not huge, but my body fat % I guess must be below 10%. I've never had it measured. I havn't actually weighed myself either for about 3 months though, so I might have gained some muscle mass since then.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:44 am »
below 10% is quite low. Abs are defined at 12-13%. I would say BFI is at about 17% in his first pic and 14-15% in the later ones, just about there for definition on his abs.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 10:54:22 am »
would you consider not weighing yourself and just going by how you feel, your strength and how you look?  focusing on weight is what fucks up most peoples health in the first place.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 05:20:36 pm »
would you consider not weighing yourself and just going by how you feel, your strength and how you look?  focusing on weight is what fucks up most peoples health in the first place.

I agree that how you look and feel are most important. I think most people have an image in their head about how they want their body to look. Getting closer and closer to looking like that image should be more important than your weight. As you say, strength is also a good indicator of whether you are making progress or not. Successfully increasing the lifting weight or the number of repetitions at a workout compared to the previous workout is very satisfying, because you know your muscles are adapting, which generally involves growth.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 11:08:15 pm »
Yeah I would figure I'm around 15 percent or so still but I think 10 percent would look best.

How are your legs Haai? That may be making up some of the difference. My thighs and calves are decently meaty (though they need pounds of fat stripped away still)

I'm not actually focusing on it. I'm just aware that there are contest worthy men my height who look incredible and to get that way they only really needed 150 or less. I'm just doing my best and letting things happen naturally.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 11:10:39 pm »
for legs you should consider riding a bicycle, doing some really tough hill sprints and such, and then doing the same on foot, that will help work all muscles in your legs and really trim them up quickly, also if that is not an option try a spinning class.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 11:24:55 pm »
I do squatting and calf raises for legs. I usually do some interval sprinting prior to weight lifting too. I know the sprinting likely brings down my lifting performance, but I am able to workout more frequently by doing both sprinting and lifting on the same day.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 08:15:46 am »
Month 8. Not too much progress since the last pics, but I'm now down to 136 pounds from hovering around 140. By mid-January I except a lot more drastic results. 6-8 pounds less body fat, plus at least 3+ pounds of fat free mass.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 02:23:10 am »
Your abs are DEFINITELY more defined now. Good work, bro! You definitely have gained muscle too.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk