Author Topic: Aajonus Making Appearances  (Read 9137 times)

Offline Waungata

• Trapper
  • Neander Valley
    • View Profile
Aajonus Making Appearances
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:34:54 am »
I'm just starting this diet and would like to know when and where Aajonus Vonderplanitz will be making appearances in the U.S.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:05:55 pm by Craig »

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Aajonus Making Appearances
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:55:56 pm »
I believe he's making appearances all the time, like a band on tour. I saw him I believe in January or February at Cherry Hill, NJ. I was told he comes there every year, so by that logic he is probably visiting some place quite a distance, assuming he covers most of the USA every year giving talks.

He gave a day long talk for $80, and offered personal consultations for extra. There was a farmer who brought all kinds of meats and dairy and eggs and everything that is part of the Primal Diet, and even some stuff that wasn't (like breads and salted pickles etc).

That was really the best part, now I belong to a co op that gets food once a week from two farmers in Pennsylvania, and they bring it Tuesday morning to a place that is only a fifteen or so minute drive from my house. AV is always trying to hook up people with the good farmers.

I'll try and find out what he's doing now, what's your location?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:40:23 pm »
 One can reach Aajonus via optimal@earthlink.net - that way, one can get e-mail updates from him re his future appearances outside California.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 08:34:19 pm »
I believe he's making appearances all the time, like a band on tour. I saw him I believe in January or February at Cherry Hill, NJ. I was told he comes there every year, so by that logic he is probably visiting some place quite a distance, assuming he covers most of the USA every year giving talks.

He gave a day long talk for $80, and offered personal consultations for extra. There was a farmer who brought all kinds of meats and dairy and eggs and everything that is part of the Primal Diet, and even some stuff that wasn't (like breads and salted pickles etc).

That was really the best part, now I belong to a co op that gets food once a week from two farmers in Pennsylvania, and they bring it Tuesday morning to a place that is only a fifteen or so minute drive from my house. AV is always trying to hook up people with the good farmers.

Kyle, how does he look in person?
by his pics on his books i always felt that he looks really healthy. good thing he never took that Winston Deal. :)
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:59:16 am »
He looked good, kind of regular. His hair was slightly thinning and he wasn't one of those "wow he looks 20 years younger" people, but he looked good. He jumped around a little bit to show off how he healed his knee from an accident the year before. He was also "hip" when he talked about sex and other things old people start to sound "funny" about at a certain age.

xylothrill

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:27:32 pm »
After what he's been through, he's lucky to be alive let alone fit and healthy no matter how old he looks for his age. How old is he now anyway? 

You know, I had doubts about adding this Primal Diet section coming from the Raw Paleo camp but I'm glad I did! It gives all RAF-ers a place of OUR own. The only thing I'm sure we agree on, whether primal, wai, paleo, zero-carb or omni, is that raw vegan is not the way to go or none of us would be here.

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 10:25:41 pm »

i would imagine him being around 50, maybe im guessing alittle high.
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 12:27:52 am »
I'm pretty sure he's 60 years old now, from the photos in Hawaii i think he looks good, his well built for someone who doesn't excercise. Probably born like that though and yes he was supposed to die about 35 years ago so that has to be taken into account!

He does eat a lot and that would wear your body out the most, all that energy spent digesting and eliminating.

Looks aren't always the best gauge on how healthy a person is, I looked healthy on my crappy SAD diet eg I had muscles, no fat belly but felt awful and most of my problems could be hidden. eg I could hide dry skin with moisturisers, take medication for asthma. wear heaps of sunscreen to stop me burning.

Wodgina

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:30:07 pm by wodgina6722 »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 01:04:58 am »
He's 62 for the record. He was 61 and turning 62 in a month or two after the seminar I had with him in January.

Did you hear about his accident on the bike in Thailand he healed from the year before? It was quite a story, apparently he was in one of those "never walk again" scenarios but he's walking just fine now. He said he fell off his bike and scraped his side down to the bone from leg to forearm. He went to his hotel room, put on lime juice honey and something else, kept doing that and drinking tons of juice and then eating his normal stuff, and he was able to walk in a couple of weeks I think. There's only a hint of scar on his upper forearm where he didn't manage to get the poultice onto.

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 05:46:53 am »
    He was interviewed live today on One Radio Network.   It can be listened to in recorded format on their 365 player. 

I asked him there on air about airing out high meat that you bury in the ground.  He answered what high meat is, and that Inuit ate it in September for several days straight.

People ask me about jerky, and I don't feel like it is healthy.  I ran across this just now, from his book We Want to Live, so I'll quote it

“To stay healthy we had to eat mostly meat, as my ancestors did thousands of years ago, and as the plains Indians did. But our food supply was always in jeopardy. Wasichu grew like mold on rotting fruit. They pushed further and further westward behind us. They slaughtered us, our buffalo, deer and all animals for greed and sport and again we were no longer able to get fresh meat daily. We had to cure it into jerky to survive.

“When we ate it fresh and raw, Wasichu said that it was a savage ritual. They said we would evoke their devil and infect them with disease. They ordered us to cook our meat or they would kill us.
Consequently, we got sick.

“Everything we did, Wasichu used against us as an excuse to kill us and take over all our land and resources. This weakened us more. Wrinkled us like grapes to raisins. Our bones and teeth began to rot rapidly. We became crazy like Wasichu - sick in heart and mind.

It sounds like from the book that jerky is considered the first step in the demise of health, according to Chief Black Elk who he heard speaking to him in a vision.

How are you faring with the diet Waungata?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 07:19:32 am »
    It sounds like from the book that jerky is considered the first step in the demise of health, according to Chief Black Elk who he heard speaking to him in a vision.
You're misreading the quote.
"Wasichu" overhunted the tribe's game, due to both greed and sport, which made it impossible to kill game daily. They had to make jerky when they could kill extra game so they had stores for the times they couldn't find game. It doesn't say this jerky caused the decline in health.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 12:32:56 pm »

can you provide me your farmers' phone numbers. my husband will be driving me there once a week if it less than one hour from my home. i can come only weekends. thanks.
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk