Author Topic: Adrenals, Carbs, and Candida  (Read 6236 times)

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
Adrenals, Carbs, and Candida
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:43:15 am »
Hello all,

So I've been feeling quite a bit better eating raw paleo, but often I feel much worse in the evening as compared to the rest of the day. I once had my adrenal hormones tested and they found that they declined heavily in the evening so I'm wondering how I can support my adrenals. I remember TylerDurden said he believed his adrenals were burdened on low carb, so it got me thinking that maybe I need to add more carbs.

I eat Very Low Carb right now eating mostly meat and fat and some fermented vegetables. I have gut pain and potential Candida so I was hoping to introduce some carbs that are low-fiber and low-sugar. Any ideas?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Adrenals, Carbs, and Candida
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:37:17 pm »
Also get hold of raw adrenal gland and raw thyroid if possible.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:56:48 am »
Check out this link.  I fit this bill as well.  Some of us just feel best with more carbs in the diet.  Everyone has different genetics.  I think the things that help are

-oxygenate your body, deep breathing,
-fresh water, sun
-more raw food.  I just got a nutribullet. they are amazing.
-eat basically on your metabolic type.

Rethinking Candida

Bottom line = you can probably starve candida with 0 carbs and sugar, but you will be starving yourself if you need carbs.  Your body will keep candida in line the healthier you get.  Candida exists in the body and always have, but we need to get them back into balance.  Try focusing on lower-sugar fruits/veggies.

I eat a lot of turnips, rutabagas, peas, carrots.  Berries, apples, etc.  I don't think grains are really required by anybody but who knows.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:41 am »
The Specific Carbohydrate Diet deals with candida and other gut bugs quite a bit.

The premise is that certain carbs get fully absorbed way before reaching where the majoriity of bacteria are since the carbs are all monosacharides (single sugars) and require minimal digestion.

Grains, dairy, and other carbs are said to reach the colon because they don't get fully absorbed since they're polysacharides (long links of sugar that requre breaking down).
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 04:13:46 am »
i tried raw adrenals from Northern bison and every time i had sharp stomach ache for about 3 hours.  i heard similar reports from others.  so no more bison adrenals for me.  deer adrenals did not give me the ache but they are so much smaller.  besides stomach ache i did not notice any improvements or downsides of any kind.

moderate carbs and sea salt appear to be the best answer for my adrenals.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:25:45 am »
i tried raw adrenals from Northern bison and every time i had sharp stomach ache for about 3 hours.  i heard similar reports from others.  so no more bison adrenals for me.  deer adrenals did not give me the ache but they are so much smaller.  besides stomach ache i did not notice any improvements or downsides of any kind.

moderate carbs and sea salt appear to be the best answer for my adrenals.
People have reported having no issues as long as they reduced the adrenal intake somewhat each day.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 07:12:52 am »
You kind of have to treat the raw adrenal gland like a medicine and find yourself an appropriate dose that feels right for you.
That's not paleo.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 11:25:47 am »
I'm definitely thinking about getting raw adrenal and thyroid. That's a good idea. I also think I feel better eating avocado, which I tried for the first time tonight. I also love fermented veggies so that won't be problem. Any other ideas, anyone?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05:09 pm »
zym do you eat any sea veggies?  kelp and iodine help the thyroid, vitamin c is also something you can take for your adrenals to help them build up
are you having some excess stress in your life lately?  that will hinder all of your endocrine system so make sure you are taking time for relaxation and whatever troubles you have know they will pass :0
dr rons adrenals and thyroid are pretty good but definitely monitor your intake and dont plan on taking them for ever, even the amount they sell them in is A LOT of months of pills

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 08:07:01 pm »
Henry Bieler, in his book "food is your best medicine" raved about raw egg yolks being able to quickly rebuild peoples adrenal glands.  I think main things are

-raw fats (yolks, avocado, raw butter, coconut oil)
-liver is good for vitamins
-sea salt (and balancing other minerals)
-lots of sleep, rest, don't exercise too hardcore
-work on your energetic/emotional issues, stressors, etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk