Author Topic: raw paleo diet  (Read 7472 times)

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
raw paleo diet
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:29:00 am »
Is there anyone on this forum,that went 100% raw for reasons other than having health issues?
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Re: raw paleo diet
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:27:00 am »
rhino,

I wouldn't aim for 100% raw necessarily.  For me, that creates more stress than anything.  Eating a high raw diet while allowing yourself to fall off the wagon here and there or eat some lightly steamed veggies or crock pot chicken is ok for me.  I guess some people are stricter in their dogmas on eating.  People have been cooking food for thousands of years.  I just think they ate enough raw food, exercised enough, fresh air, etc also so it didn't affect them that badly.  Today though, people might eat packaged cereal with pastuerized milk for breakfast, roasted nuts for snacks, a sandwich for lunch, maybe a RAW apple for a snack and heavily cooked meats and potato for dinner.  This is obviously horrible.  I usually eat a little fermented food with my cooked food to help digest.  Probably a little more cooked food in the winter as opposed to the summer.  Just experiment on what works for you.  I just don't think aiming for 100% in today's world is a good idea for most if you don't want to lose your social life and obsess about what you are going to eat every minute of the day.  You ever figure out the chakra stuff?

-Joe

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46:55 am »
joe,
Have you ever eaten raw chicken,ever?
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 03:50:30 am »
also i feel,being a diabetic it would be extremely beneficial.Im not trying to stress but at the same time i want to heal myself badly!!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:05:13 am »
If you're in ill-health, then going 100% raw is definitely worth it. RVAFers generally state that one has to eat at least 85% raw in order to have a proper chance of healing. Including even a little cooked food stresses the body and forces it to expend resources on detoxing the toxins in the cooked food and in spending extra resources in  order to digest the cooked food properly, thus diverting away resources that could otherwise be used instead for  further healing.

All that said, people react differently to different types of cooked and processed foods. For example, I get nasty reactions to cooked animal foods high in cooked fats, so, if I have to eat cooked meat, I always choose cooked lean meats, if I can. If I drink alcohol, I make sure it is a transparent type such as vodka or clear gin or white wine, as it's well-known that the non-transparent alcohols contain far more congener-preservatives(which give the alcohol their darker colour and which aggravate hangovers in particular).

Don't touch raw chicken unless it's pastured chicken. Most raw chicken, however organic, are raised on 100% grainf/soy diets which are extremely unhealthy. Fowl in the wild eat worms, carrion, insects, and only very little grain.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:30:29 am »
Going 100% is deffinitely beneficial. You can stilll have a social life. In fact the raw meat aspect of the diet always strikes up interesting conversation with me. I've even come across a few who try it.

Just a little of the wrong foods can upset the digestive flora. Not just that, but cooked foods are horrible for you.

It's a pretty easy transition assuming you can get a hold of the foods you need. Ie. Pastured meats, veggies, fruits, etc. Not having to cook is great. The overall feeling from eating all raw is way better than cooked foods.

I'm not diabeitc, I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. But I notice all kinds of symptoms when I eat cooked foods.

Grains and dairy are the worst for me. I can tolerate a little cooked meat with no seasonings, in fact I used cooked meat for dinner as a crutch to wiend off cooked meat.

It's best to do a slow transition. Cut out all processed food first. Then grains and dairy. Then slowly cut back on cooked meats till you're fully raw paleo.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 10:50:49 am »

I'm not diabeitc, I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. But I notice all kinds of symptoms when I eat cooked foods.

Mental or physical?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 11:02:00 am »
I didn't know there's a physical schizophrenia. Lol I was diagnosed with mental paranoid schizophrenia.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 11:08:10 am »
do you take meds.?Or does diet control it?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 11:11:39 am »
I'm on a pretty low dose (80 mg) of Geodon. I'm sure I can get it lower, but I'm seeing a new doc so it'll take time.

My goal is to eventually get off them completely. There was a time I was on 40 mg.

As I get better, they diagnose me with different conditions.

When I was really bad, it was schizphrenia. Now its bipolar. In a month maybe it'll be manic depression, who knows. Lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:21:48 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 11:17:28 am »
Good stuff!Hope things get better boss

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 11:25:32 am »

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 11:27:50 am »
No prob.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »
No, i haven't ate raw chicken ever rhino.  I also second letting your body transition.  Right now i eat mainly raw fruits and vegetables, raw eggs, raw butter, raw olive/coconut oil, every now and then raw nuts/seeds, rare beef/salmon and then a some steamed vegetables and low-cooked chicken and turkey.  I just can't agree on the 100% raw thing.  People from all over the world have used things like gelatin rich bone broth, steamed veggies, and very lightly cooked meats as part of a healing diet.  Maybe i'm just not used to it yet who knows.  I just feel like if my stomach was really messed up i would not want a tough raw steak but thats just me.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »
Oh ok,No i didnt try the charka thing yet joe,my cars down and right now thats about the only thing ive been thinking about and how to pay for it.But still want to benefit from its healing power.I think i read something youve posted,regarding a shaman,whats that?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 02:11:18 am »
Rhino - I went raw because it made sense to me intellectually.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 04:08:32 am »
Oh ok,Dor.Im ashamed to say but if i wasnt having health issues,probably wouldnt be here,but im glad i am.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 04:43:47 am »
Oh ok,Dor.Im ashamed to say but if i wasnt having health issues,probably wouldnt be here,but im glad i am.

Yeah - pretty much just about anyone who I've ever talked to has had sickness as their motivation, so nothing to be ashamed of.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 04:47:52 am »
ok thanks,im learning alot from this site and you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk