Author Topic: Any heart disease testimonial ?  (Read 8726 times)

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Any heart disease testimonial ?
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:22:01 am »
Hi guys and gals,  I could've sworn I had read a post by someone who stated he had recovered fully from heart failure eating RPD.  I have a very close friend with severe longstanding heart disease. Young fellow  struggling as a stay at home dad. 
Anyone heard of any testimonial?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:23:57 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Any heart disease testimonial ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:45:06 am »
there was a member here named william who i believe had such testimonial.  he swore by zero carb and pemmican for his recovery. i'll try to find it.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:10:52 am »
I had a heart attack less than 2 years ago. I'll be watching this topic. I haven't got myself move completely over yet, but I'm making progress on the diet. Most of the garbage is gone.

My own recovery was very fast just because of my nature, but I'm hoping going raw zero (or just raw paleo) will prevent me from ever again having to tell my wife that we're going to the hospital, right now, and that she's driving.
insert signature here

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 01:31:07 pm »
Heat-created toxins, namely polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, heterocyclic amines, nitrosamines and advanced glycation end products are directly linked to an increase in the chance of getting heart-disease:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16222163

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18473756

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7598010

http://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/2011/01/09/nitrates-and-nitrites-%E2%80%93-part-1-bad-for-you/
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:29:00 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »
there was a member here named william who i believe had such testimonial.  he swore by zero carb and pemmican for his recovery. i'll try to find it.
I believe that William had managed atrial fibrillation with ZC and pemmican. I also have AF and it is not generally what I would classify as heart disease, it is not caused by furred up arteries. One physical abnormality of the heart is an enlarged left atrium. Many sufferers get off medication by adopting a paleo diet. William is the only person I know of who is zero carb.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 10:23:57 pm »
whats pemmican?
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »
yuck!
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:09:45 am »
Reversed Mom's arteriosclerosis after her heart attack in her late 70's - her carotid artery went from 90% blocked to completely clean in a year (probably less - but that's when we had the repeat scan) just by replacing bad fats with good fats. That was pretty much the therapy. Cut out all the foods that had fat and added lots of good fish oils and the like. I know even more now how to do that - but even with that simple idea we were successful. 

Btw - it's not the old hardened stuff that is the danger - it's the new stuff that is being made that can release and cause a stroke or that closes off things - so it's all about stopping the process - not going in there and trying to clear out old hardened stuff. Also, the process itself of getting the old stuff off can cause a stroke. It's all about getting rid of the CAUSE.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:37:22 am »
Thanks to all for ur imput

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 12:07:10 am »
Pemmican is half-raw (ground?) meat plus half sickly, hideous rendered/cooked animal fat. It looks like a big block of  compressed sawdust. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=746&tbm=isch&tbnid=4LDHxJGHLOKbEM:&imgrefurl=http://bltadventure.blogspot.com/2008/05/pemmican-bars-revisited.html&docid=ukJBFzS4y4UFaM&imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/215/521124432_d2300c2eb7.jpg&w=500&h=375&ei=jFG6T9fuNYTO4QTzr-XuCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=298&vpy=146&dur=213&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=116&ty=72&sig=105855756092861807094&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=187&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:74

It's dried raw meat (think: unflavored jerky) pounded to almost powder mixed with equal parts by weight rendered fat. If the fat is rendered at a low enough temperature, the vitamin content is not damaged. The fat needs to be heated only to the point where it can shed its water as its the water content that causes it to go rancid. It'll keep for years if nothing else is added to it and if it's kept covered in a dry, cool place.

It used to be a frontier staple (also called "indian sausage") and if the fat is rendered properly (not too hot) you can live on it alone at least throughout a season (like, say, winter) and some say indefinitely. I'm not willing to try indefinitely, and I'm sure I'd get sick of eating only that for 3 months straight, but it's not as disgusting as Tyler makes it out to be at all. A lot of people like it quite a bit.

Edit: Due to FDA requirements, the commercial stuff actually is as nasty as Tyler describes.

Edit of Edit: So make your own if you want to try it out for yourself. Lex Rooker here has a pretty good guide on it as well as plans for über-cheap cardboard + lightbulb dehydrators.
insert signature here

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 12:17:37 am »
Lex admitted once that pemmican has to be heated a LOT if it is to be stored for a long time. Granted, pemmican can be heated much less, but then water-content still remains and the stuff rots quickly.
" Ron Paul.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 12:29:37 am »
It's never lasted very long in my house, but not because it rots ;P

I might be making some today if the meat is dry enough, or tomorrow if it's not. I'll let a chunk sit to test it myself. I have fat that's been sitting for nearly 4 months without going rancid.

There has to be a thread here somewhere about what temp people render at. I'll look it up. In a way it's on topic as destroyed fat is a major cause of heart issues.
insert signature here

William

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 01:27:21 pm »
Beef fat is usually rendered at 250°F as the water is driven off quicker.
I don't know what temperature makes it dangerous, but that would be over 300F, Lex might know.
I quit using beef fat to make tallow because of the unpleasant taste - all the farmers here finish their oxen with corn, almost certainly gmo so tainted with Roundup/glyphosate.
Unsalted butter works well for pemmican (Canada, not U.S.A).  Please note that it takes more than 1:1 fat:powdered jerky.  I do 130 g butter to 100 g powder.

Yes, I was rid of heart arrhythmias (adult onset psvt) when I stopped eating cooked carbohydrates.
Recent experiments show that eating them will put the result in the toilet in 2 to 4 hours. YMMV

Others have cured heart arrhythmias (probably atrial fibrillation) by using the iodine protocol.

After years of this, I am satisfied that the cause of heart disease as well as many others is mineral deficiency aggravated by  carbs, cooked being worst, and also the modern poisons everywhere that are stored in our bodies.

Raw paleo or rzc turned out to be half the answer, as iodine in greater than paleo levels is needed to detox the stubborn poisons that prevent full recovery.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 03:49:52 am »
William - would you please tell me what brand of iodine you use as a supplement, how much and your weight?
Thanks.

William

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »
I'm presently using a combination of Magnascent (www.magnascent.com and www.magnascent.ca) and SSKI (home made saturated solution of potassium iodide). This is about 300 mg total.
7 drops magnascent and 6 drops of SSKI twice per day.
Used Lugol's for a few months, will do so again.
I weigh about 170 pounds.

You must read the faq at the VWT iodine supplementation forum at curezone.com if you try taking iodine, as the reactions are as individual as our
immune systems.
Note that iodine is only part of a protocol that includes magnesium and selenomethionine always, and other stuff depending on the person.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 10:42:00 pm »
Thanks for the great info.I love this forum,always learning new things!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 05:00:05 am »
Thank you William. My husband just started having missed beats. I copied the information you posted and emailed it to him. I asked him to spend some time on that forum and he said, "Sounds good." which means he most definitely will be researching it completely. I have a feeling that not only magnesium but iodine is also involved in his imbalance. I have a feeling that's going to be a useful link for him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk