Author Topic: Your screen name and why you chose it  (Read 13699 times)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Your screen name and why you chose it
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 05:32:25 am »
Where's your face then Dorothy? If you have picture you like or you find something on the net you could add it as your avatar (on this site go to profile / forum profile / Personalized Picture / then upload from your PC or enter URL (which is the internet address in the top of the web browser when viewing the online pic you like)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 08:37:04 am »
Where's your face then Dorothy? If you have picture you like or you find something on the net you could add it as your avatar (on this site go to profile / forum profile / Personalized Picture / then upload from your PC or enter URL (which is the internet address in the top of the web browser when viewing the online pic you like)

I'll have to try to find one Miker. Thanks for the instructions!

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 10:31:00 pm »
I picked Adora because it is my name and like my profile and Dorothy say I choose to be true to myself. If I am persecuted for it I may fight, but I won't hide.
Also, I love my name, it is part of what makes me feel better about being so unique.
Adora means beloved in Greek. In Latin it is a command to love. A nun from my youth got me all upset about how only God could command love. Now I realize it was good that she got me to think on it. After long reflection I discovered that LOVE IS MY PURPOSE. It is my deepest desire to know and love myself completely. Since I am ever changing I want to live forever to love every change as they come.
    I realize this is self centered and I work through the judgement I and others hold to a low self love more freedom.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:13:37 am by TylerDurden »
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 01:23:11 am »
Adora - that's beautiful.

Loving yourself completely is the only way to love all others completely. When there are parts of oneself that are not loved, they do not know how to love, and therefore are incapable of loving others.

To love oneself fully and then be able to love others completely to me IS the spiritual path.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 01:02:41 am »
Being rawist is just like I get a new life. I feel too attach with "raw" then real me.  ;)
bugs or country chickens

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 06:53:57 am »
anyone else want to share?
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54:01 am »
The Wolf has always been my favourite animal and the animal who I have always wished to be.  I don't like being human and being forced to live in a house and to be addicted to these disgusting processed foods, and part of a race that does nothing but destroy nature.  I want to be free and wild in the forest, to run on four paws like I was meant to run, to live the life of the Wolf in all it's ways, so loving and playful and graceful and majestic, it would be a perfect life.  I love how they act and how they live and how they mate for life.

I felt it fit with trying to switch to a raw paleo diet, for I have always wanted to eat raw meat like Wolves yet I was always afraid, but this forum liberated me of that fear.  I have no problems with being honest and sharing my real name as well, I love both my first and middle names and would gladly tell them if anyone wanted to know, but I felt going with the name of Wolf related more to who I am than would my human name.

But if Wolf had been taken, then I might have gone with the name Dragon, the only creature I would want to be more than I want to be a Wolf, though the Wolf personality still appeals to me more.  A Dragon's body with a Wolf's mentality!  And if Dragon had been taken as well, then I would have probably gone with my name.

Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline bachcole

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 08:13:57 pm »
bach = Johann Sebastian Bach, great composer.  cole = Thomas Cole, great American visionary painter.  Thus, bachcole.  It symbolizes my desire to do nothing other than what is uplifting to the soul.
"There is only One Being in Reality and it is the Universal Soul."  -- Meher Baba --

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 08:46:29 am »
I was going to ask you if your name was after the composer Bach.  O0
Do you have a favorite Bach piece?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:12:25 pm by cherimoya_kid »

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:17 pm »
Very nice Wolf!
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 02:09:44 am »
Wolf - right on! I like to run on 2paws though:). Dragons are amazing. Like beautiful devils in thier fire, power, and greed, but with honorable hearts.
     What is your other name?
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »
    I was joining GI2MR and saw people incorporating the word raw into their user names and I made my username RawZi; because Iliked the way it looked the way the z and w fit next to each other and the short little i at the end on the other side of that.

After months of using this name I saw that it fit me.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 06:29:35 pm »
Very nice Wolf!

Thanks!

Wolf - right on! I like to run on 2paws though:). Dragons are amazing. Like beautiful devils in thier fire, power, and greed, but with honorable hearts.
     What is your other name?

You mean my human-given name?  Cassandra Janell.  I do love my name.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk