Author Topic: Thyroid  (Read 6521 times)

Offline sadanyagci

• Forager
    • View Profile
Thyroid
« on: May 25, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »
I have questions regarding raw thyroid. My mother had thyroid removal surgery a long time ago, and takes the replacement hormone for it. The natural replacement hormone is just dried and ground up pig thyroid, though it seems any animal will do. My question is, is there anyone here with experience eating raw animal thyroid? Does it have the same effect as the dried in a hypothyroid person?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Thyroid
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:52:41 pm »
Thyroid problems underlying causes according to Dr. Henry Bieler is dirty liver, kidneys and colon.

So if her colon, kidneys, liver are cleansed, then her thyroid does not need to act up so much.

If you can steer her more towards a rawish paleo diet, it would make an immense improvement.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 03:37:11 am »
GS - she went under scalpel - no more thyroid to fix. Now she will have to be on replacement for the rest of her life. Wish we could have gotten to her sooner.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 03:52:52 am »
Surely fresh raw thyroid would be better than a little bit of dry powder?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 05:11:16 am »
The problem is now going to be of dosage. Powder can be measured more accurately. I'm afraid that someone that has things cut out often becomes a medical junkie. It creates a customer for life - if you don't come back to us for your drugs you die.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 06:44:07 am »
Often our bodies can easily get rid of stuff when there is too much, like vit C..., maybe we can do the same if we eat too much thyroid components?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 07:34:34 am »
If you had a thyroid you could easily get rid of too much of components when eating thyroid! Everything is different when you go cutting out parts. The thyroid controls soooooooo much in the body. It's a real important gland.

This is what the image in my mind is: if you eat some hormones produced by the thyroid by eating thyroid, the thyroid I imagine can respond by making less of those hormones. If you eat too much the thyroid can squirt out other hormones to counterbalance. I'm not a doctor - but I think it will get complicated and not something a person should go experimenting with without going over it in detail with their doctor and understanding the physiology perfectly - which I don't.

Most doctors are just going to say take this pill and don't go eating thyroid I would imagine - but there are holistic doctors out there and I would suggest to the patient to find a couple of these to consult with and not take chances.

Eating raw thyroid and seaweed and a paleo diet has GOT to be the way to heal the thyroid naturally. I just can't imagine that not working. With my Mom I just gave her a large array of seaweeds and every doctors appointment her medication was reduced. Why oh why do people let doctors cut them up?

All this stuff has to get caught early on enough. By the time I got to my Mom her kidney was already not working so it made everything so much harder. When organs are not working or cut out it's a whole different ballgame and you have to be real careful giving advise that would work for people with all their working parts.

William

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:45:21 pm »
Ovaries also make the same hormones IIRC. This has been mentioned on the VWT iodine supplementation forum at curezone.com. A search of that forum will help.

Iodine protocol has been the best solution to thyroid problems, even when it has been removed. Seaweed is not the best source as it has other stuff like arsenic, mercury and other nasties, and not enough iodine.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 03:43:38 am »
Ovaries also make the same hormones IIRC. This has been mentioned on the VWT iodine supplementation forum at curezone.com. A search of that forum will help.

Iodine protocol has been the best solution to thyroid problems, even when it has been removed. Seaweed is not the best source as it has other stuff like arsenic, mercury and other nasties, and not enough iodine.

From what I understand Kelp has arsenic but other seaweeds mixed with it get rid of the arsenic - or help the body to get rid of it. Mercury - I'm not sure about - but it doesn't stop me eating tuna! I just eat some chlorella with it. Supplementing iodine gets tricky. All those things that are manufactured get tricky.

I bet iodine and seaweed could help the body in general but I still warn to think of this differently than someone that still has a thyroid and to take advice only from people that understand the difference. That sounds like a good resource William posted. That kind of place will have people in your Mom's same circumstance but who are thinking out of the box. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk