Author Topic: Star Wars Fans!!!  (Read 5636 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Star Wars Fans!!!
« on: November 13, 2008, 08:22:52 pm »
I just got my hands on the new TV episodes of Star Wars Clone Wars... awesome!
I'm like a kid again!
Fantastic missions shades of Wing Commander and Free Space video games.
Story line is top notch.
Special effects top notch.
It's as if Lucas made full fledged short films and chopped them up in TV episodes.
First 6 episodes broadcasted already.
Waiting for episode 7.

Any Star Wars fans out there?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Star Wars Fans!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 04:04:45 am »
AAAAARRRGGGHHH!  NO NO NO! I'm a fanatical fan of Science Fiction and absolutely loathe Star Wars and Star Trek. About the only thing I liked was the Romulans and The Empire Strikes Back, but everything else in those 2 franchises is absolute anathema to me. Sorry, but I think of myself as an SF aficionado, and it's like a gourmet being confronted with kentucky-fried chicken! Over to genuine Star Wars fans, now, sorry:-
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:31:59 am »
I don't watch star wars for the science or the physics.

When I want science and physics I go to http://www.thunderbolts.info and lately what is interesting is the Bedini Motor and the Keppe Motor, all tapping into the scalar energies... "free energy" or in practicals... greatly reduced energy consumption.  Plus the fact that scalar energies have been used in healing for quite some time.  Scalar enhanced mineral supplements like EMC or Quantum Mineral Drops work fast... like magic for some... it's just new science... and Filipino inventors are catching up.

I understand your POV.
I like Star Wars because of the cool special effects and the worlds created by Lucas.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Waungata

• Trapper
  • Neander Valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 12:11:12 pm »
Uh oh! I like the KFC variety myself.  -[

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 05:03:46 pm »
I don't watch star wars for the science or the physics.

When I want science and physics I go to http://www.thunderbolts.info and lately what is interesting is the Bedini Motor and the Keppe Motor, all tapping into the scalar energies... "free energy" or in practicals... greatly reduced energy consumption.  Plus the fact that scalar energies have been used in healing for quite some time.  Scalar enhanced mineral supplements like EMC or Quantum Mineral Drops work fast... like magic for some... it's just new science... and Filipino inventors are catching up.

I understand your POV.
I like Star Wars because of the cool special effects and the worlds created by Lucas.

I like gourmet, thank you for the link GoodSamaritan.  KFC can be tasty too,

my family loves it (if it's Sci >D Fi rather than food, or if it's greasy batter
covered gluten 'meat') -v.  I'm not into KFC, gave that up thirty

years ago.  If I want to surprise my family, what should I order?  I don't even

know KFC's url (except the PeTA one where one makes funny  -d signs).  So,

where should I get Star Wars, and which DVDs?

;D Happy X-Mas/Yule/Solstice/Kwaanza/Hanukah etc everyone! ;)

You guys may be seeing more of me around here.  I'm tired of that site that's mostly raw vegan.  I wanted to help whoever could be helped, and make some connections, and I don't care for anything else there.  Have a good night/day! (whatever it is where you are)
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:41:46 pm »
You should be able to find them pretty much anywhere movies are sold. Get the three older Star Wars.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 04:24:36 am »
I grew up with Star Trek TOS (the only worthy Star Trek) though I did watch other incarnations... and loved the first two Star Wars Movies, Empire kicking ASS! Loathing these things means WAR Tyler  ;) How old are you by the way.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 10:52:22 pm »
I'm 36.

I've always found the Star Wars franchise to be really corny, aimed at 3-year-olds but in a pathetic, patronising way(really good children's movies never patronise kids). I seem to recall that Harrison Ford once said, when George Lucas gave him  the usual bad dialogue to read before acting it out, " George, you can type this shit, but you sure can't say it!" The only good Star Wars film was The Empire Strikes Back, where someone else  did the dialogue(and directing?).

Star Trek is also dismal. I mean, the original Star Trek was just a vanity vehicle for William Shatner, then there was that 60s hippy-like atmosphere, the crappy villains(other than the Romulans). At least the special effects were better in subsequent Star Trek franchises, and Roddenberry at least had the sense to include 1 or 2 good actors(ie the guy who played Data and the Shakespearean actor Patrick Stewart,(though he wasn't remotely convincing as a Frenchman).

I'm not against SF TV or movies, in general, But the dialogue/acting etc. is far better in such series as Blake's 7, or Babylon 5 or The Twilight Zone etc.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:58:17 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 11:43:28 pm »
I am a big Blake's Seven Fan! And that was less corny than STOS? How can you put down the special effects in STOS? Compared to B7?

And I liked Babylon 5 in the beginning with Jeffery Sinclair. I did watch other seasons but missed him a lot.

I just turned 52, so I suppose that says something. Now go play in the meat market little one  ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 11:50:40 pm »
I am a big Blake's Seven Fan! And that was less corny than STOS? How can you put down the special effects in STOS? Compared to B7?

And I liked Babylon 5 in the beginning with Jeffery Sinclair. I did watch other seasons but missed him a lot.

I just turned 52, so I suppose that says something. Now go play in the meat market little one  ;)

The dialogue in Blakes' 7 was outstanding far better than Star Trek's corny dialogue and tedious message of hope. Granted, the special effects of B7 were appalling, but that was because of the prejudice that British TV producers have against science fiction.

Even though Star Trek:TOS's effects were better than B7, they were bad enough that Saturday Night Live featured a Star Trek spoof mocking the bad special effects of that series.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:57:29 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31:01 am »
It was 1966! Not 1980 when 7 was on  ;D And please! You are so funny!

This is fun:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0500233/quotes

They were both great shows. STOS was brilliant for its time- way ahead of many shows and GREAT SCI FI ideas. Not always- Way To Eden puke city, but still for what they were at the time, they were amazing and many hold up today.

And only ran 3 years! With a new incarnation on the way in MAY! I can't wait! OMG!  :P

I thought I'd lost all hope, but you have given it back to me Tyler. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you  :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk