Author Topic: Funniest Movies  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Funniest Movies
« on: June 01, 2012, 05:15:41 am »
This kiwi movie Eagle vs Shark is one of my quirky comedy favourites, reminding us how eierd life can be, especially when younger (one hopes at least!). This scene is in Meaty Boy where meat is used for the burger buns:
Eagle vs Shark (1/12) Movie CLIP - Big Boy Burger with Free Cheese (2007) HD

"Two lonely misfits embark on a bizarre journey of romance and revenge after bonding at a "come as your favorite animal" costume party in Academy Award nominee Taika Waititi's quirky romantic comedy. Jarrod (Jemaine Clement) is a clerk at the local electronics store. Lily (Loren Horsley) is a shy cashier who earns her keep at the local Meaty Boy. After getting fired from her job, an emboldened Lily determines to put on her favorite shark costume, shed her inhibitions, and attend Jarrod's annual "come as your favorite" animal bash. In the following days, a tentative romance begins to develop between Lily and Jarrod, and when Jarrod announces plans to travel back to his hometown and seek revenge on an old nemesis, Lily decides to follow along for the ride. As Jarrod begins to set his diabolical plan into motion, Lily finds herself stranded in an unfamiliar new town and surrounded by a disorienting collection of eccentrics."

My sons favourite is Anchorman (Will Ferrel), which is pretty hilarious, especially if you are a man : )

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Movies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:27:27 am »
I'm going to see the dictator this weekend. It looks great in commercials
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:33:13 am »
Cool - let me know what its like - my son & I want to see it, but he's under age so we will wait for DVD... Or stick on some facial hair  ;)

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:34:15 pm »
Not a movie, but since you liked eagle vs shark, have you seen the flight of the conchords series?  Only 2 seasons, and it felt a little weaker at the end, but still pretty awesome.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »
I liked Groundhog Day and The Mask. Anything done by Sacha Baron Cohen is dire rubbish and so unfunny. Ron Paul was right, he should have beaten the crap out of Baron-Cohen.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 10:49:03 pm »
Damn, the mask is one of my faves, actually all of the early Carrey, as ridiculous as Ace Ventura was, I just loved them, they just hit the spot for goofy ass humor!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 04:13:45 am »
I always thought Carry was a bit unfunny - but I need something to watch with family so I will have a go with him again ; ) Everything can have its own season, like I found Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me was fantastic the first few times! I will also try Flight of the Concords as have not seen it either!

I'm chewing a swilling a bit of stinky meat while typing - the ammonia aroma is quite special! Much better than French cheese : ) I want to see what the microbe armies on the meat will do to the white stuff living on my tongue.

I liked all of Cohen - Ali G Inda House was crazy. He just needs to spoof Israelis/Jews next to round it all off.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:17:36 am by miker »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 04:31:04 am »

I liked all of Ali G - Inda House was crazy. He just needs to spoof Israelis/Jews next to round it all off.

Highly unlikely since Baron-Cohen is a devout Jew and probably Zionist.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 08:34:50 am »
Ground hog day gets a second vote, and the jerk classics. More recently - Talladega nights: a ballad of Ricky bobby "I like to pictureJesus with giant eagle's wings singing lead vocals for Lenord Skinnard with an angel band and I'm in the front row and I am hammered",  and Blades of Glory - "figure skating is a cold bitch mother, treats you with candy and flowers, then throws you to the side of the road"
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »
I loved Zoolander.

"I can Derre-lick my own balls, thank you."
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 03:11:38 pm »
Yeah - Zoolander is hilarious, I loved it lol

I just saw The Dictator and it was OK, but I'd rather not support Baron Cohen if he is promoting Zionist propaganda.

I loved Austin Powers, The Spy that Shagged Me  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk