Author Topic: Er...Digestion?  (Read 3849 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Er...Digestion?
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:56:52 pm »
Been using a nutribullet to blend veggies and salads to drink.  Dramatic increase in fiber.  Having difficulty digesting it i think.  Sticking the system up.  I know i digest soft cooked veggies with fats better.  Maybe mixing a little fat with the salads will help.  Anyways, trying to stick with the raw food primarily but its tough with the digestive issues.  My body doesn't seem to like too high amounts of the raw meats yet.  Any ideas?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Er...Digestion?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:46:24 am »
do you blend cooked or raw veggies? what do your blended creations usually contain?
definitely add some fats and see how that goes
i would also suggest kelp to help the fiber through the system

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:54:57 am »
Right now I blend raw veggies.  It would look something like a big handful of spinach or other lettuce, a beet or a bunch of carrots, maybe some green onions.  LOTS of roughage foods.  Mixed with a little water.  It goes down good but i think it dries up inside my system.  Otherwise i wouldn't be eating veggies without fats.  I mean basically I have been trying to up the raw food but i just don't think my digestion is settled yet.  I was reacting to eggs badly so i think that riled things up.  I take kelp capsules and drink plenty of water.  I think the fruit (berries, apples) are ok here and there.  I just had some blended cooked veggies with chicken and some fermented veggies and olive oil.  It sits real well.  I think maybe the key for me right now is soft-cooked veggies and fermented foods IE. GAPS diet until stuff settles.  I just did a liver flush a week ago so its possible that threw me off a bit too. =)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:03:39 am »
some veggies like spinach, kales, basically the brasicas and cruciferious veggies are best to cook not matter what...same with most root veggies and summer and winter squashes(not cukes tho, those are melons), if you are eating a lot its best to cook em and break down the fibers.  or blend them and let them sit out and get a little bubbly.  add some fermented veggies to your blended mix....make sure you chew it too, even if its super smooth.  do you add any salt?  were you eating whole eggs?  if you get brave try just eating raw egg yolks...skip the whites.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 02:40:06 am »
strain smoothys to lose the fibre? I do so. Fibre gets me in trouble as well. I pretty much follow the primal diet. Green veggie juices are amazing for me. They allow me to get the nutrition from plants without the problems I get from fibre.if you are constipated get lots of fast with every meal.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 03:10:00 am »
Yea jessica, whole eggs.  I swear my intuition tells me its the whites my body doesn't like.  The yolks always taste amazing to me.  So i will try that.  I think the juicing also could be good for now.  Do raw/rare meats seem to be an issue for you guys?  I really think it's more the veggies and the rougher fruits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk